O'Conner

SQUAD is about team work..right?

Why measure individual Kill/Death (K/D) performance? Instead of individual K/D why not get rid of it? It may curb the lone wolves who only play as a way to "rack up" K/D with no regard to how the game is played and have little concern to work together. Hopefully by getting rid of individual K/D it could help promote teamwork. Just to clarify I think having a squad overall K/D would be great as it would promote competitiveness between the squads the drive the overall objective of the game like working together and team work where I feel the individual K/D only promotes division. Just my two cents.

The lone wolfers will lone wolf no matter what, even if they don't see their KD. Those people are mostly in for the kills they see and just "chillin" while they play the game sometimes. It's one of those players who doesn't want to teamwork, which is rare.

Edited by Skully172

And there is another topic that covers the same topic, and it's not old. I'ts actually in the first page of the suggestions part.

Edited by Skully172

The individual K/D stats help individuals grasp an idea on how they are doing, over time in that specific area.

It helps SL's understand this to.

Personally I think it should stay, we just need more stats to balance our view of how we did, then the job is a good un.

The mechanics of Squad should not support lone wolfing, it already does this pretty well and I am sure the developers focus on communication and team play in game play will continue.

i want more stats

ive made lists of these before...cba doing it again. 

Distance travelled on foot

Distance travelled on foot only to have to go back because no-one is defending despite me being furthest away.

Suppression effected. ie misses

Bullets fired where enemy was not effected (hit or suppression). ie actual suppression by effecting enemies decision to move.

Areas recaptured.

Last man standing in an area.

Longest run without incap.

Shortest life.

Fastest deathstreak.

Shortest time waiting for medic.

Most time waiting for medic.

+ 198 more

Why measure individual Kill/Death (K/D) performance? Instead of individual K/D why not get rid of it? It may curb the lone wolves who only play as a way to "rack up" K/D with no regard to how the game is played and have little concern to work together. Hopefully by getting rid of individual K/D it could help promote teamwork. Just to clarify I think having a squad overall K/D would be great as it would promote competitiveness between the squads the drive the overall objective of the game like working together and team work where I feel the individual K/D only promotes division. Just my two cents.

This has been discussed several times before. If I remember correctly, the devs fear that many people would leave if k/d is removed. People want to know how many they've killed. Personally I would like it to show how many your squad killed as a whole, as you said.

People are way to egotistical for something like this to pass, @O'Conner. Even some of the most 'pro-teamwork' players would start making up excuses why the individual stats are in fact a really useful tool for everybody and they absolutely have to stay. Most players just can't abandon the concept of 'me, me, me' and truly put the need of the team above their own, even if they'd like everybody to think otherwise.

I'd gladly part with individual stats, I think they're just standing in the way of Squad becoming something much greater, but I don't think even the devs have the courage to do away with them.

You won't find any lonewolves on a server with active admins. K/D displayed or not, it doesn't matter.

The truth is, lonewolves are pretty much dead these days. If you lonewolf in a squad, any SL that cares about the gameplay of Squad will notice it and will warn/kick you.

If you lonewolf while unassigned/without being in a squad, you get warned by admins to either join a squad or get kicked for not playing as a team.

If lonewolfing is condoned/encouraged/ignored on a server then it's clearly not the server for you and you can find lots of others.

Individual K/D does not do anything negative in Squad.

There are far more pressing issues relating to teamwork:

A: The removal of the ability to kick blues out of your vehicles.
How many times I have had 2-3 people spawn in my squad at round start, while the rest hold, and suddenly my logi fills up with blues who wont set a goddamn FOB with me and my squaddies are now running from main. Or the ever aggravating blue who wants to gun my humvees/btrs/techies, and fires at everything with two legs.

B: The removal of the ability to kick squaddies at round start timer.
Allah Ackbar screamers and people refusing to pick the kits I need, and I can do nothing about it at the most crucial point in the match (Planning and first 5 minutes).

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

5 hours ago, Fir3w411 said:

People think teamwork will magically go up because you remove the K/D. lol

well clearly you missed it we were talking about individual K/D there would still be squad K/D. As far as going up eh not really more like the people who's sole focus is their own K/D and everything else is irrelevant may migrate else where. Note: No one here thinks this is a one size fits all solution so take it easy there jack.

Didn't have K/D in PR, taught me that individual stats don't matter. Helped stop me from lone wolfing when I was new (never played Arma or anything else too similar prior.)

I think it would be better in the long run if it was removed from end of round stats, at least at the individual level.

I think it's fine the way it is now. Probably the best way I've seen it implemented I'm a game.

7 hours ago, Catindabox said:

Didn't have K/D in PR, taught me that individual stats don't matter. Helped stop me from lone wolfing when I was new (never played Arma or anything else too similar prior.)

PR has k/d shown at all times. I think a good solution for Squad is to simply show squad stats instead of individual ones during the match. Pretty sure the devs talked about this too. Removing k/d from the end scoreboard will do nothing to aid teamwork.

18 minutes ago, banOkay said:

PR has k/d shown at all times. I think a good solution for Squad is to simply show squad stats instead of individual ones during the match. Pretty sure the devs talked about this too. Removing k/d from the end scoreboard will do nothing to aid teamwork.

Might be better if it was the other way around, being able to only see your own personal stats during the game and only squad kills/deaths at the end of the round. People who aren't in a squad at the end of the round wouldn't have their stats displayed at all. It negates the 'bragging rights' and denies the egomaniacs satisfaction of having their 'pro k/d' displayed for everyone to see. Sure, you would still be able to see which squad had an exceedingly good k/d, but that would be attributed to the squad as a whole, not just one player.

This might be a partial improvement of the current situation, though I still remain a firm believer in the "no personal stats" approach. A man has to have dreams.

Edited by MultiSquid

Yes this game has some lone wolves but at the end of the day it is probably the most teamwork orientated fps game there is were most of the community and new players actually try working together. The game is built in such a way that teamork comes naturally. 

I cant think of any other game out there that does it this well.

I say dont try so hard trying to remove things that will drive away some players.

Games like RO series etc which are known as teamwork based have  no were near the same teamwork that Squad has.

Because if we wouldn't show k/d, that would scare off a LOT of players and significantly shrink the community. And without a community you don't have players. And without players you can't have teamwork!

On top of that, it helps to get a measure of your own and others' performance - even though k/d is not the end goal, it is still a factor since tickets are the win condition.

Showing the K/D after the round is in my eyes the perfect solution. Those who are interested in these statistics are forced to stay in through out the whole round - there is no better way to deal with those players, other than not having them. But i think being interested in seeing your K/D ratio and being a lonewolf aka no teamplayer are not one and the same. As long as there is no real problem with showing K/D ratio you shouldn't remove it.

4 hours ago, Karm said:

Because if we wouldn't show k/d, that would scare off a LOT of players and significantly shrink the community. And without a community you don't have players. And without players you can't have teamwork!

If not seeing their K/D honestly scares them then I don't really care if they're playing or not lol. They can come back once they get over it.