Bohn

Server Connection Closed

I decided to buy this game yesterday and played for several hours fine and I have opened it today and every server I join loads me in and instantly kicks me out with 'server connection closed.'

I haven't changed anything other than updated my Nvidia drivers yesterday so I don't know the issue and have looked on the forums but unable to find any fix?

I have played this game pretty much non-stop since pre-alpha. I played several rounds just last night.

I am now getting this issue and cannot join any servers at all -- just keep getting 'Server Closed Connection'.

I didn't download or install any new drivers (or anything for that matter) since I was last playing this game. No idea why this has suddenly started happening.

I verified my files on Steam and cleared my cached user data in the game.

Nothing is working.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT:  I just looked in Steam & it shows that I had  Squad download (0 bytes?) at 6:54 pm Eastern Time. Anyone know what this DL was for?...and maybe that is what is causing the issue?

Edited by Kasich40

I bought the game one & half hour ago, and since then I've been desperately trying to fix my graphic settings. I finally found a fix here on the forums, and now I can't join any servers because of this. I'm really unsure what I could've possibly done to deserve this hell.

Is this error something that happens from time to time because of unstable servers? I can't mess around too much in the in-game settings anymore because I'll lose my right to refund.

1 minute ago, Heinrich said:

Is this error something that happens from time to time because of unstable servers? I can't mess around too much in the in-game settings anymore because I'll lose my right to refund.

The game is in alpha, so obviously we have it (and will hit) some bumps in the road. I'm sure that is all this is. My bet is that there will be a hot fix or something soon to fix the issue.

Fingers crossed!

Just like Kasich40, I played since public release and also last night. I installed nothing new and I also get the same error. There is nothing in the console besides a message saying that I connected.

I just joined the Squad Discord channel and all of the server owners are coming in saying this is a widespread issue.

So rest assured that it is not just you...it seems to be MANY people having this issue.

They'll get it sorted, I'm sure.

Just now, Kasich40 said:

I just joined the Squad Discord channel and all of the server owners are coming in saying this is a widespread issue.

So rest assured that it is not just you...it seems to be MANY people having this issue.

They'll get it sorted, I'm sure.

The 0 Byte download thing is quite interesting. Happened to me as well. 

Bump i got this problem now aswell after the recent update.... i have done clean reinstall 2 times now with out any success

I also am getting this error

EDIT: FIXED, when I enable the founder and veteran skins it causes this error, when all turned off its fine.

Edited by dolmaface