TwistedSunshine

Acog sight is broken, badly.

Ok, let me first explain how an acog sight is meant to work by a picture illustration. 

GBlKWDd.jpg

As you can see, I've marked each and every point of impact the acog's reticle uses. The acog's reticle is also able to be used to range to a target. The width of the chevron is identical to the average silhouette at 300m, so in practice if the widest part of the chevron matches to your targets shoulder to shoulder width you can make an approximate range to the target. Not only can the chevron be used to range to the target but also the width of the horizontal posts at each point of impact can be used at their given range, the aim points widest points are equal to 19 inches at any given range "the average silhouette width". 

The issue comes into play when you start using the acog in the game, at 100m in the firing range, the rounds land at the 400m mark, and in practice seem to stick to the 400m point of impact at close to medium ranges, I could show pictures but you can just load up the game yourself and see exactly what I am talking about. It's either a problem with the ballistics or the reticle itself or a mixture of both. 

It is broken. You know it, I know it, but also the devs know it and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Edited by mastah4

Just now, mastah4 said:

It is broken. You know it, I know it, but also the devs know and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Good, But also the other information I gave would be nice for them to make work, especially the ranging, considering we have no way of ranging other than the map. 

4 minutes ago, TwistedSunshine said:

Good, But also the other information I gave would be nice for them to make work, especially the ranging, considering we have no way of ranging other than the map. 

Ranging is a very small part of the issue. Main ones are the current weapon system which is being reworked now  + the world shift origin that is probably fixed in the next UE4 version (4.14)

Edited by mastah4

3 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

Ranging is a very small part of the issue. Main ones are the current weapon system which is being reworked now  + the world shift origin that is probably fixed in the next UE4 version (4.14)

whats being changed with the weapon system? and world shift origin? 

We aren't touching any scopes, reticles or sights until the new weapon system is in place. There are too many fundamental problems as it is to proceed and to improve things a tiny fraction when it will be replaced and redone completely.

tl:dr

We know. Patience.

19 minutes ago, Z-trooper said:

We aren't touching any scopes, reticles or sights until the new weapon system is in place. There are too many fundamental problems as it is to proceed and to improve things a tiny fraction when it will be replaced and redone completely.

We know. Patience.

Out if curiosity, how much of a priority is the new weapon system? Have you guys started work on it?

Priority: Medium-High

Started work: Early stages

Please keep in mind that this won't be an overnight thing where suddenly all problems and bugs are suddenly gone in one sweep.

We will for all intents and purposes be starting from scratch when it comes to setting up handling, sights and feel of the weapons. 

I'm already looking forward the the hundreds of feedback threads upon first release.

Same. Didn't realize we were getting one, really looking forward to this... especially if it means we FINALLY GET BREACHERS WITH SHOTGUNS. Best of luck, devs :) Eagerly but patiently waiting.

18 hours ago, Z-trooper said:

We know. Patience.

Thanks for the response!

17 hours ago, Z-trooper said:

Priority: Medium-High

Started work: Early stages

Please keep in mind that this won't be an overnight thing where suddenly all problems and bugs are suddenly gone in one sweep.

We will for all intents and purposes be starting from scratch when it comes to setting up handling, sights and feel of the weapons. 

I'm already looking forward the the hundreds of feedback threads upon first release.

Are you going to try mimic the recoil as best as possible to the real world? You can't go wrong with trying to mimic the real worlds physics, I have a few idea's how you could accurately portray recoil from different weapons. I'm sure you guys have some solid plans either way :)

Edited by TwistedSunshine

Honestly proper ranging would be fantastic on all the guns. Also, have the map grids match the scale given so it's easy to range stuff on the map from anywhere (sorta like how PR was map-wise, easy to gauge distance because most maps had the same scale + the scale matched the grids and didn't trail off into the next grid)