Sign in to follow this  
BattIeBorn

Animation for 'R' key pressed

Should this be a thing?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. A reload animation every time the 'R' key is pressed.

• Yes
    • No

So I was thinking. As an addition for later on down the track (when the polish comes out in the development stage), what do you guys think of having an animation play every time the 'R' key was pressed? So if you had a full magazine and you pressed the 'R' key, your soldier would check the mag/chamber. It would add some immersion to Squad as well as penalising those who panic in a firefight and button mash. This might not seem much to the regular player, but for playing competitively it would seem like a nice addition to the overall package for competitive play/videos.

So what do you guys reckon? Is it a good idea or a shoddy one?

How does adding something like this add immersion? ...... 

It's just a useless mechanic that only ends up screwing you over in the end. 

Reminds me of red orchestra, holding R makes you check the chamber / mag, which tells you if the mag feels full, half empty, almost empty, etc. But squad shows how much ammo you have on the mag whit colors from green to orange on the right side. But if its just for show, it wont be of much use.

Edited by Skully172

i have a keyboard with touchy keys - way too easy to brush the R during CQB and end up re-load dying. i prefer to re-load die only when i've actually run out of ammo :)