Sign in to follow this  
Fezze

Squad still listed as running in steam after leaving game

Hello people of the Squad community.

After having recently fixed my black screen on startup issue by going borderless, I have now ran into another issue.

After leaving the game and the Squad.exe no longer being visible as running in the task manager, steam still says that Squad is running. Due to this I am not allowed to exit steam the normal way, or start another game and have to terminate the steam.exe process in the task manager.

Anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thank you for your time.

Rather than just looking in the applications open, have you looked in your processes in the task manager?

It's not exclusive to Squad, some other games I've played over steam sometimes don't end their process even after you close out (my experience is with Stalker).

If it does it again, try looking for something related to squad in the processes. Just double check before you end anything.

I normally check in the processes to ensure that Squad.exe is not running anymore. Are there any third party applications that squad is using (Anti cheat programs or server application) which might not close properly after closing squad?