Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

Can the engine handle THIS player model?

I know @IrOnTaXi mentioned m240 pkm and other machine guns soon to come.... can't wait. but, with that comes ammo belts! Can this engine effectively pull off ammo belts being fed into portable machineguns and having ammo belts across our bodies? I guess ideally it would be great if that could be animated in a way that doesn't eat up framerate. But is it possible?? Here is an image of how it could look:2c4babfa1ef10cbb5e513e5bae1c82ae.jpg

cb0a07284c3e.jpg.      

290397407_l.jpg?w=300&h=225

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

5 minutes ago, NanoAgeWarrior said:

I would be happy with not seeing any bullets on the belt when my saw is empty, same with the other guns.

True and I have yet to see ANY game accomplish that. Guess it is very difficult to achieve. 

2 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

True and I have yet to see ANY game accomplish that. Guess it is very difficult to achieve. 

Prob easy, but finding time while they are still finishing systems etc.. Expect those sort of things in beta

12 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Red Orchestra 2 does this, and pretty sure Arma 3 also.

Edited by NanoAgeWarrior

ArmA can animate ammo belts, but you won't see when the belt is shot empty. Not in vanilla ArmA anyways, for such functionality you'd need a scripted solution which in itself can be a CPU hog and not easily be made MP compatible. Either way it's way out in the realm of diminishing returns.

3 hours ago, jagheterjan said:

ArmA can animate ammo belts, but you won't see when the belt is shot empty. Not in vanilla ArmA anyways, for such functionality you'd need a scripted solution which in itself can be a CPU hog and not easily be made MP compatible. Either way it's way out in the realm of diminishing returns.

Yeah, can't say the processing hit and time to implement is hardly worth going into this much details.

What about just having an ammo belt worn across the chest of the machine gunner like in the pics? Is that possible as well? Without being a CPU hog?

I would like this for militia. When you really look at the pics(1st and 3rd) the belt is actually somewhat secured, so I think a static model would suffice if placed in a secure manner and would still look tactiguerillarambo-esquecool

Ammo belts disintegrating on fire is a visual feature we'd like to hit in a later development cycle, but regarding ammo hanging off characters AND being fed into the weapon.. that's quite a bit beyond what we want to achieve.