usmc15

game will not launch!

hi, my game will not start i have been playing squad since i have been able too but i have windows 10 and it updated and since then i have not been able to start it when i do it comes up and says '" C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RTWorkQ.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. I have tried renstalling and veriftying the game cache and everything and it  pops up the same thing and at the end of the message it says try using the original installation media and then says Error status 0xc000012f can someone help? 

Edited by usmc15

To start, what are your system specs? 

Okay doing some quick research:

• Due to an error that may lead to losing data, the rtworkq.dll file is inaccessible or damaged. Try reinstalling the application.(In this case that's Win10 and obviously isn't ideal)
  • Your antivirus software may have blocked the rtworkq.dll file's access. Check the files quarantined by the antivirus software.
  • The Windows registry’s database is damaged. With the help of Windows System Restore, you can return to a previous state with system settings that still work.

Looks like the .dll or other .dll's that are loaded with this file are somehow corrupt, maybe due to a virus or malware, or maybe a hardware failure, like the HDD/SSD is having corruption issues, as well as any anti-virus software could be having issues with it.

this is suggested as a best first step;

To solve the rtworkq.dll file's problems, check if the system files are intact as a first step.

System File Checker (SFC.exe) is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.

To scan all system files, open a command prompt as an administrator and type:

sfc /scannow

This command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at System32\dllcache.

Let me know if this gets you any closer to fixing the issue, It is not likely due to Squad Itself.

Cheers, best of luck friend.

Edited by Serp403
spelling

It says Windows resource  protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. details are inculded in the CBS.Log windar\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. then it says "for example c:\Windows\Log\CBS\CBS.log. note that logging in is not supported in offline servicing scenarios " can you help me on that??