NikolaiLev

Is the Rifleman too useless? Are medics too vital?

And a question I would couple with it: is the Medic class too critical?  As it stands now, Medic is arguably the absolutely most vital class to any squad of any faction.  But is this really desireable?

As I'm aware, most rifle groups in reality don't actually have medics, being elements assigned on the platoon level.  And even when they appear, there's usually only one of them.  Now while medics are vital to keeping soldiers alive, I feel that in Squad they are not only overrepresented, but too critical for the functioning of a squad.

Consider the plight of someone who simply wants to play as a rifleman.  With 5/8 of the non-SL members being asked to fill crucial fire support and medical roles, there aren't that many who would get to choose to be a simple rifleman, and a lot of squad leaders will kick you if you refuse to at least take the optics class.

As it stands right now, some factions' medic classes get inferior guns (though some don't),  and don't get any offensive grenades.  A common order from SL I see is "just take medic, you get the same gun" and yet later the medic is demanded to stay at the back of the squad, never engaging offensively.  This makes sense, but not all players enjoy that kind of playstyle.

And this isn't just a problem with Medics; it's also a problem of Riflemen vs. fire support classes; grenadiers, AT riflemen, marksmen and autoriflemen are all vital assets to the squad, and you get several in abundance.  The end result is that not many people are allowed to play the simple rifle+grenade setup of a normal grunt.  And I feel that's kind of a bummer.

How can this be addressed?  Several ways, actually.  Simply reducing the amount of medics to 1 and fire support classes to 2 would do the trick, but I think we can do better than that.  Riflemen tend to carry less weight, not lugging around medical gear or heavy guns and ammunition, so it would make sense for them to move slightly faster and have a higher total stamina.  It would also make sense for them to be able to carry more magazines and fragmentation grenades, which would give them an edge over non-rifleman classes, making them valuable assets to a squad leader.  Finally, it might make some sense for riflemen to be the only ones to get e-tools, considering the aforementioned factor of not needing all that load-bearing space to carry medical equipment or munitions.  That said, I'm not sure how many soldiers in real life actually are asked to carry shovels.

Further, there's a simple but somewhat radical change we can make to make medics not so absolutely vital: all classes can "revive" a squadmate using CPR.  But it would take much longer (anywhere from 10 seconds or more) and would still require the man be stabilized with bandages, of which normal classes only have two.  Plus, CPR would only revive, not heal, so medics would definitely still be extremely useful, but players not wanting to play medic wouldn't utterly handicap the squad.  I feel this would provide a more fun game.

So, what do you think we can do to enable players to play as Riflemen without kneecapping the efficacy of their squad?

Edited by NikolaiLev

We always had a medic with us out on patrol. Also everyone was well versed in CLS. I don't think the medic class is too critical. I think it's perfect the way it is. The rifleman class isn't useless either. They're good for assaulting without sacrificing a critical asset such as the AT or AR if they die. 

1 hour ago, Robin Sage said:

We always had a medic with us out on patrol. Also everyone was well versed in CLS. I don't think the medic class is too critical. I think it's perfect the way it is. The rifleman class isn't useless either. They're good for assaulting without sacrificing a critical asset such as the AT or AR if they die. 

As you said, everyone is well versed in CLS, so shouldn't that mean that in Squad, everyone can "revive" a person?  You yourself said that AT or ARs are critical assets.  So what if I want to play as a Rifleman but there's a medic or Fire Support slot open?  Most SLs are gonna be mad at me for picking Rifleman.

This thread seeks to address this by making Rifleman less of a "non-critical" asset.  I don't think it's very fun if they're viewed as expendable assets.

I don't see why this couldn't be a thing. Technically, in PR everyone could revive his teammates as long as he could get his hands on a medic kit and the game worked just fine that way. You had to clear the enemy squad completely or they'd just wait for you to leave and revive behind your back. On the other hand, I can see it being kinda OP in Squad, because you can't just switch kits, so making everyone able to revive teammates would be a much bigger deal.

I'd be willing to give this a try and see how it goes.

I would make every special kit max (insert number)/team except AT  so most players of the squad would run with the riflemen kit, unlike now where it's the leftover kit when nothing else is available. 

Also changing the medic's rifle to pistol only (with 4-6 mags) would make him stay behind the frontline more often.

I don't know other armies way, but in Finnish army the medic will use the bandages of the soldier being healed (if he still has some left) , not his own bandages.

And pretty much every soldier of the Finnish army carries a shovel with them.

The CPR could work really well when the dragging ability gets updated to the game. 

Edited by Maamyyra

With CLS every soldier can stabilize someone till the medic arrives just as it is in squad now anyone can stop the bleeding but its the medic that will pick them up I think that makes sense as that's what CLS intends is to extend the life of the soldier by providing aid to him until a medic is able to get to him and/or dust off arrives to take them away. As far as the E-Tool yes every soldier carries an E-Tool its BII (basic initial issue). No one is really expendable as you started but how many people go into a war and come out clean on the other side? This game is based on the infantry arguably the backbone of the military. As far as filling critical roles I find it odd that your unwilling to operate in said roles but if someone doesn't want to play medic because they don't know or are not comfortable/ don't know the role I don't see the need to kick someone out of the squad for it.

10 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

I would make every special kit max (insert number)/team except AT  so most players of the squad would run with the riflemen kit, unlike now where it's the leftover kit when nothing else is available. 

Also changing the medic's rifle to pistol only (with 4-6 mags) would make him stay behind the frontline more often.

I don't know other armies way, but in Finnish army the medic will use the bandages of the soldier being healed (if he still has some left) , not his own bandages.

And pretty much every soldier of the Finnish army carries a shovel with them.

The CPR could work really well when the dragging ability gets updated to the game. 

Useful things to know.  CPR would indeed work really well with dragging!

9 hours ago, O'Conner said:

With CLS every soldier can stabilize someone till the medic arrives just as it is in squad now anyone can stop the bleeding but its the medic that will pick them up I think that makes sense as that's what CLS intends is to extend the life of the soldier by providing aid to him until a medic is able to get to him and/or dust off arrives to take them away. As far as the E-Tool yes every soldier carries an E-Tool its BII (basic initial issue). No one is really expendable as you started but how many people go into a war and come out clean on the other side? This game is based on the infantry arguably the backbone of the military. As far as filling critical roles I find it odd that your unwilling to operate in said roles but if someone doesn't want to play medic because they don't know or are not comfortable/ don't know the role I don't see the need to kick someone out of the squad for it.

I'm not at all unwilling to play as critical roles.  I play as AR, grenadier, medic and so on from time to time.  But sometimes, I just want to be a Rifleman, and right now that's more often than not a liability to the squad, especially if the squad isn't full.  And I think that's a shame.

With the info given in the thread, taking shovels away from non-riflemen is a bad idea.  However, I think the other ideas (speed, stamina, magazine count and grenade count) could all be good ideas.

It's also an idea to give Rifleman a tiny bit more "weight" when it comes to capping points; they would count for 1.25x or so of a regular soldier when contesting and capturing zones, which would make them more valuable to a squad.

The problem is not that people don't want to play as "critical roles",  but because there are too many kits available to 1 squad so everyone chooses the others first because they have something better/more than what the normal rifleman has.

And giving the shovels only for the rifleman would make the kit much more valuable because you couldn't build anything without him. Even when it's not that realistic.

When/if Epipens/Defibrillators are added to the game, bandages could only be able to stop the bleeding but cannot revive anymore. This is when CPR, Epipen and Defibrillators comes to the game. They would do the same job but CPR would take much longer time than using E/D, and giving CPR as an medic would be twice as fast as normal soldier.

The CPR could only revive him to 1% so he would still need to find a medic to heal himself

9 minutes ago, Maamyyra said:

The problem is not that people don't want to play as "critical roles",  but because there are too many kits available to 1 squad so everyone chooses the others first because they have something better/more than what the normal rifleman has.

And giving the shovels only for the rifleman would make the kit much more valuable because you couldn't build anything without him. Even when it's not that realistic.

When/if Epipens/Defibrillators are added to the game, bandages could only be able to stop the bleeding but cannot revive anymore. This is when CPR, Epipen and Defibrillators comes to the game. They would do the same job but CPR would take much longer time than using E/D, and giving CPR as an medic would be twice as fast as normal soldier.

The CPR could only revive him to 1% so he would still need to find a medic to heal himself

Well, right now epipens/defibs and even just CPR and such are represented by the medic bag.  My suggestion is to give all classes the ability to do CPR, say, just by looking at the body and holding down the "use" button, but this takes much longer than using the medic bag, and doesn't heal like the medic bag does.

So, the medic is no longer absolutely crucial to a squad's survival, but is still extremely valuable.  And that's the point of this thread: squads should not be absolutely boned if nobody wants to play a medic.  Disadvantaged?  Sure.  Crippled?  I don't think so.

And yeah, Squad is going to inevitably have unrealistic things about it even if the game seeks to be as realistic as possible.  So it's a question of whether or not we can come up with other ideas that are more realistic.

I mean, it's not truly realistic that riflemen are worth more in a cap zone, but "cap zones" don't exist in real life.  It's a gamey mechanic meant to achieve an objective: make riflemen as valuable as fire support roles and medics, or at least close to as valuable.

I would like it if it was an actual choice to make between rifleman, medic and fire support, than just "oh there's a fire support slot open guess I HAVE TO take it".  That way, there's a wider variety of class choices per player.  And variety is fun!

20 minutes ago, NikolaiLev said:

Well, right now epipens/defibs and even just CPR and such are represented by the medic bag.  My suggestion is to give all classes the ability to do CPR, say, just by looking at the body and holding down the "use" button, but this takes much longer than using the medic bag, and doesn't heal like the medic bag does.

That's exactly what i'm saying. if E/D and CPR are added to the game, the medic bag would only be able to heal, not to revive.

Like i said everyone would be able to do CPR, but medic would be able to do it with half the time (if E/D is out of "ammo")

As it stands now the rifleman class is practically useless when compared to most other specialized classes simply because they don't get ammo bags. If they happens eventually, the rifleman class will become much more desirable.

I think the only real problem with the medic/CLS class is that some of them get inferior rifles. I love the AMD-65, but God damn do I hate the AKS-74U. It's a piece of trash that's only useful for CQC, which is why it makes much more sense for a breacher class weapon than a medic's weapon. I don't believe that the devs should use a heavy hand in forcing medics to be a non-combatant role because that pigeon holes medics into that role in the mind of squad leaders. Medics want to play the game just like everyone else, so they should be able to. At least give medics a choice of weapon. 

6 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

That's exactly what i'm saying. if E/D and CPR are added to the game, the medic bag would only be able to heal, not to revive.

Like i said everyone would be able to do CPR, but medic would be able to do it with half the time (if E/D is out of "ammo")

Sounds good to me.

5 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

As it stands now the rifleman class is practically useless when compared to most other specialized classes simply because they don't get ammo bags. If they happens eventually, the rifleman class will become much more desirable.

I think the only real problem with the medic/CLS class is that some of them get inferior rifles. I love the AMD-65, but God damn do I hate the AKS-74U. It's a piece of trash that's only useful for CQC, which is why it makes much more sense for a breacher class weapon than a medic's weapon. I don't believe that the devs should use a heavy hand in forcing medics to be a non-combatant role because that pigeon holes medics into that role in the mind of squad leaders. Medics want to play the game just like everyone else, so they should be able to. At least give medics a choice of weapon. 

Even if Riflemen are turned into Assistant Machinegunners/Assistant AT, they'll be critically dependent upon the existence of those roles to be useful.  Rifleman ought to be the bulk of the fighting force, not a support class, imo.  That's why automatic riflemen and such are called "fire support."

And sadly, I think you're missing the point of the thread: medics are currently far too critical.  Buffing them by giving them anything but an AKS-74U would exacerbate the problem.  Though it could be said to be a balance issue with the Militia that they get inferior guns compared to the other three factions, but faction balance is for another topic.

12 hours ago, NikolaiLev said:

Useful things to know.  CPR would indeed work really well with dragging!

I'm not at all unwilling to play as critical roles.  I play as AR, grenadier, medic and so on from time to time.  But sometimes, I just want to be a Rifleman, and right now that's more often than not a liability to the squad, especially if the squad isn't full.  And I think that's a shame.

With the info given in the thread, taking shovels away from non-riflemen is a bad idea.  However, I think the other ideas (speed, stamina, magazine count and grenade count) could all be good ideas.

It's also an idea to give Rifleman a tiny bit more "weight" when it comes to capping points; they would count for 1.25x or so of a regular soldier when contesting and capturing zones, which would make them more valuable to a squad.

I agree taking the E-Tools away from any soldier would be a bad idea. I see where you are going with the idea as far as weight in capping goes but im not sure how that would play out. Another idea would be maybe rifleman could each carry a flash bang to increase their value especially in a CQB situation. Just a thought.

the medic is the most vital and important player and i would hazard to say more so than the SL in some respects.

Any medding by those not a medic is a silly idea, CPR(resussitation) is not medic'ing. funny that it was even mentioned considering how vehement some are about restricting players actions dependant on their roles - to suggest anyone can med - lols!

dragging downed teammates to the nearest medic is a great idea tho.

2 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

the medic is the most vital and important player and i would hazard to say more so than the SL in some respects.

Any medding by those not a medic is a silly idea, CPR(resussitation) is not medic'ing. funny that it was even mentioned considering how vehement some are about restricting players actions dependant on their roles - to suggest anyone can med - lols!

dragging downed teammates to the nearest medic is a great idea tho.

Why is it so silly?  And if that's the case then how do you propose solving the issue of medics being too critical?

Unfortunately, I haven't actually seen any argumentation from people who don't think it's a problem beyond "it's fine the way it is."  Which is a matter of opinion, obviously, but... y'know, there's still the problem of "I want to play Rifleman without being a detriment to my team."

I agree with the premise that it is hard to find a place for the regular (non-optics) rifleman in a squad, however I disagree with the premise that medics are too valuable. The reason I disagree with the medic part is because having experienced around 8 years of PR, one of the biggest things that I feel squad has over PR is that kit swapping is not available, and thus if you manage to take down a squad's medics, it has a real impact on that squad, unlike PR where you can take out the squad save for one guy hiding in a corner somewhere, move out and have them all be revived behind you (back to full health) and exact revenge from somewhere that IMO, they shouldn't be able to. 

If you have the situation where anyone can bring someone back from the incapacitated state, then yes, only the medics can get people back to full health, but you'd be able to bring the medics back, they could heal themselves and then heal the whole squad, so you might as well just have any old soldier pop everyone back to full health. 

I think @VarenykySupreme is correct in saying that the rifleman will have a true place in virtually every squad once they become the ammo-bearers like in PR. Another thing I would like to see is maybe a few less special kits available to squads. For example moving the Automatic RIfleman to the regular kits area with a 1-2 kit limit, then have only 1-2 other specialized kits available to the squad (1 up to 6 players, 2 available from 7-9). 

Another thing that will probably help out a lot is how it is in PR, which is once you spawn in with a specialized kit, it starts a (usually) 5 minute timer before that kit is available to the squad again. So if you die within 5 minutes, you'll be forced to another kit (most often rifleman) until the kit returns to the kit pool. That way taking out a squad's LAT, grenadier etc kits has far more merit than now where they just spawn back in 30-60 seconds with a brand new (same) kit. 

26 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

but you'd be able to bring the medics back, they could heal themselves and then heal the whole squad, so you might as well just have any old soldier pop everyone back to full health.

Good point, didn't think of that.

Can't give riflemen extra boosts in cap zones as squads will abuse it and make everyone pick rifleman in an attack situation and would then start kicking people for not giving up their fire support role at the crucial time the SL orders to switch.

The classes are fine as they are. I'm pretty sure IRL a squad consists of....

1. Squad leader

A. FT leader (not available)

A. Rifleman (Has excess to AT if needed)

A. AR

A. AAR (Not available as of now)

B. FT Leader (Not available)

B. Rifleman (Again AT or DMR if needed)

B. AR

B. AAR (Not available as of now)

In Squad we have..

SL 

Rifleman

Fire support

Medic

Rifleman

Rifleman

Fire support

Fire support

Medic

With 1 or 2 riflemen in cases able to choose an optic which is avaliable IRL to ALL. In squad they are situational as we can't switch them mid game. (most people love them anyway).

I think the amount of rifleman we have is perfect as there has to be a minimum of 3 in a full squad. 

The AT guy is still essentially a rifleman but with the added weight of a launcher so less grenades is perfect but that's essentially 5 riflemen on the ground.

Don't need any changes in my eyes until the bigger fire support roles come for example javelin and m240b gunners etc as they would need less stamina. Not sure how these will affect the firesupport choices in an infantry squad or wether there will be a smaller dedicated weapons squad option available as support.

As far as the medic role goes I like it that only the medic can revive as it is a dedictated role that requires a specific play style to be affective. As stated before every other guy on the battlefield has the ability to save someone from bleed out by bandaging downed teammates but it needs to be the responsibility of the medic to get them up. The switching kit thing was the only thing in PR I didn't like. Makes medics run and gun to much as they know someone behind can just revive him anyway.

In all the time I've played squad I've never seen someone be kicked for just wanting to be a rifleman. I do get that most people choose the other roles first and most take rifleman as the only optin left but it's like that in every game out there. Everyone always wants the bigger/special weapon. 

Wait and see what new roles come before changing the current squad dynamic.

Rifleman is the backbone of the game, too many players want to feel special and get dazzled by their special ability when having a second grenade, focusing on killing and covering team mates to complete objectives is what's expected

On 11/20/2016 at 9:21 PM, Psyrus said:

I agree with the premise that it is hard to find a place for the regular (non-optics) rifleman in a squad, however I disagree with the premise that medics are too valuable. The reason I disagree with the medic part is because having experienced around 8 years of PR, one of the biggest things that I feel squad has over PR is that kit swapping is not available, and thus if you manage to take down a squad's medics, it has a real impact on that squad, unlike PR where you can take out the squad save for one guy hiding in a corner somewhere, move out and have them all be revived behind you (back to full health) and exact revenge from somewhere that IMO, they shouldn't be able to. 

If you have the situation where anyone can bring someone back from the incapacitated state, then yes, only the medics can get people back to full health, but you'd be able to bring the medics back, they could heal themselves and then heal the whole squad, so you might as well just have any old soldier pop everyone back to full health. 

I think @VarenykySupreme is correct in saying that the rifleman will have a true place in virtually every squad once they become the ammo-bearers like in PR. Another thing I would like to see is maybe a few less special kits available to squads. For example moving the Automatic RIfleman to the regular kits area with a 1-2 kit limit, then have only 1-2 other specialized kits available to the squad (1 up to 6 players, 2 available from 7-9). 

Another thing that will probably help out a lot is how it is in PR, which is once you spawn in with a specialized kit, it starts a (usually) 5 minute timer before that kit is available to the squad again. So if you die within 5 minutes, you'll be forced to another kit (most often rifleman) until the kit returns to the kit pool. That way taking out a squad's LAT, grenadier etc kits has far more merit than now where they just spawn back in 30-60 seconds with a brand new (same) kit. 

Honestly, the comparison to PR just makes the absurdly critical nature of the medic more evident.  I don't necessarily want kit switching (you don't suddenly learn how to resuscitate people when you pick up a medic's kit), but this would encourage actually sweeping an area to clear it rather than hastily moving on, which is rather unrealistic.

Plus, as it stands now, I feel like bleeding out basically never happens.  Making soldiers actually bleed out within one or two minutes of getting shot while on the ground would make stabilizing them time-crucial, as it is in real life.  That would have the second effect of making the "one rifleman revives his whole squad" basically never occur, as by the time he takes the 10-30 seconds of CPR to get the first man up, the rest have bled out.

16 hours ago, lbdv said:

Rifleman is the backbone of the game, too many players want to feel special and get dazzled by their special ability when having a second grenade, focusing on killing and covering team mates to complete objectives is what's expected

You say that, and yet a minority of players are allowed to play RIfleman.  When I was new to the game in the free weekend, I was constantly scolded for simply picking rifleman when there was a medic or FS role open.  And that was kind of a shame because I hadn't yet picked up on all the mechanics of the game, much less how medics worked.

9 minutes ago, NikolaiLev said:

You say that, and yet a minority of players are allowed to play RIfleman.  When I was new to the game in the free weekend, I was constantly scolded for simply picking rifleman when there was a medic or FS role open.  And that was kind of a shame because I hadn't yet picked up on all the mechanics of the game, much less how medics worked.

but that is where it works once kit restrictions properly come into play that is if they add team limited kits and respawn timers so if your LAT dies that kit is unavalible for 5 minutes mean you will most likely have to push on as a rifleman same as anyone else that loses a "special kit

On 21/11/2016 at 0:51 PM, NikolaiLev said:

Why is it so silly?  And if that's the case then how do you propose solving the issue of medics being too critical?

Unfortunately, I haven't actually seen any argumentation from people who don't think it's a problem beyond "it's fine the way it is."  Which is a matter of opinion, obviously, but... y'know, there's still the problem of "I want to play Rifleman without being a detriment to my team."

OMG, because it is, lol! why should anyone be able to Med? - completely devalues the role and in fact renders it redundant. (as bad as Spawning-on-the-SL in BF's)

I dont propose to solve anything, certainly not your perceived issue of overvaluation of Medics, because they are  critical and of high value and should always be so.

why should you ba a detriment to the team because you choose to play a Rifleman?

13 hours ago, NikolaiLev said:

When I was new to the game in the free weekend, I was constantly scolded for simply picking rifleman when there was a medic or FS role open.  And that was kind of a shame because I hadn't yet picked up on all the mechanics of the game, much less how medics worked.

ah, i see now.

OK. Firstly i agree with your squad wanting you as a medic because they did not have one, or a slot was open - dont agree with the "scolding", if  it was really that.

Secondly, no better way of learning than by trying. i know that sounds terribly "L2P" and i hate that term but its true.

fun fact: my first ever game i got stuck with SL, had only a very vague idea what i was doing but the rest of my squad coached me along. at the end of the round not only did our team win but my squad came first as well. yes i was shitting myself that id mess it all up for the others but it was hella fun as well.

Edited by LaughingJack
spelling stuffs

16 hours ago, NikolaiLev said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see devs increase the requirement of riflemen to unlock specialist roles from 2 to 3, in fact alot of players just choose riflemen the scope.

The addition of the scout class is welcome, let players be childish in fact you often see squads where players wait to join to choose a class

I'd suggest adding some form of random class attribute, in the event of matches you could discuss which combinations matter and which players are best fitted to either role yet very few players play their class effectively because you'd need to play well as every class to understand how your class stacks up towards the dynamic on the terrain, this is obviously implying a squad is cohesive and wants to improve AS A TEAM (versus random reactive pubbing)

that's why imo playing is rifleman is the most cohesive role and squad leads simply push specializations to mitigate risk because let's face it, the roles are effective only within optimized applications

firing rockets at the right time within ammo crates

sniping/suppressing at the right spot, distance and angle, not rushing/rushing

launching grenades supportive at the right time and right spot

medic is a complete class on its own because it just illustrates that teamplay is prioritized to frags but it involves decision making in terms of healing positions of team mates that expect an auto assistance without being some slave

spec is great but my goodness playing as rifleman allows you to focus so much more if you actually care about playing effectively

On 11/22/2016 at 3:42 AM, Bigsmokeee said:

but that is where it works once kit restrictions properly come into play that is if they add team limited kits and respawn timers so if your LAT dies that kit is unavalible for 5 minutes mean you will most likely have to push on as a rifleman same as anyone else that loses a "special kit

I don't think team-limited kits and respawn timers should be added, honestly.  The system works alright as it is now.  If I do want to play as a grenadier I'd rather not get shoved back into Rifleman just because I die.

On 11/22/2016 at 4:44 PM, LaughingJack said:

OMG, because it is, lol! why should anyone be able to Med? - completely devalues the role and in fact renders it redundant. (as bad as Spawning-on-the-SL in BF's)

I dont propose to solve anything, certainly not your perceived issue of overvaluation of Medics, because they are  critical and of high value and should always be so.

why should you ba a detriment to the team because you choose to play a Rifleman?

ah, i see now.

OK. Firstly i agree with your squad wanting you as a medic because they did not have one, or a slot was open - dont agree with the "scolding", if  it was really that.

Secondly, no better way of learning than by trying. i know that sounds terribly "L2P" and i hate that term but its true.

fun fact: my first ever game i got stuck with SL, had only a very vague idea what i was doing but the rest of my squad coached me along. at the end of the round not only did our team win but my squad came first as well. yes i was shitting myself that id mess it all up for the others but it was hella fun as well.

Because just because everyone can revive doesn't mean everyone can heal.  Medics would still be vital because it's difficult to fight at 1hp given the lowered survivability, the vision blurring and the increased weapon sway.  Plus, as I suggested, non-medics would take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to revive a player, where a medic only takes a few seconds.  How would that result in medics being redundant?  It really wouldn't.  Medics would still be important to the survival of a squad.

And the latter argument has nothing to do with me being new, it has to do with the fact that sometimes, I want to just play as a rifleman.  Not an AR, not a medic, not a grenadier.

Yes, it's true that if you're a rifleman and a medic slot is open you should change the class.  But I don't like that, so I think we should change the game to facilitate people playing as riflemen as a matter of preference, rather than being forced into the role when nobody else wants to play medic.

I don't really want to "get good" at medic.  It's not a hard role and I've already learned how to play it, but the passive playstyle of only engaging in defense and helping teammates up does not appeal to me.

It's a matter of preference.  Currently, the game is hostile towards my preference of simply playing as Rifleman.  I'd like to see that changed.

you would rather not get penalize for loosing a kit makes sense but it also adds a whole lot more of a thought process than being able to spear head enemy vehicles and what not with unlimited meat-grinder  rpg spawn after rpg spawn as vehicles have timers too i think its only appropriate that your team gets penalized for loosing assets/kits and anything else your not useless as a rifle man the game just becomes alot more like chess. 

also kit timers and restrictions means if your downed you better at least wait the full timer for your medic to revive you and your squad instead of just blatantly respawning -1 ticket because it will be quicker to run back with your rpg and help your squad again.

and to add taking down and RPG/sniper/Anti Air and knowing you've secured 5 minutes of freedom for your team to push forward adds alot of satisfaction

all im saying is it definitely worked in PR and will definitely work in squad

Edited by Bigsmokeee