Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

A rifle shot to the heart should drop a guy... just saying

If a heart attack can make you drop instantly. How much more should a 5.56 going through your heart! That stops blood flow to brain and other functions.  And the fact that in this game you can shoot someone in the heart TWICE and they still run without even a flinch or loss in stamina... well it's one of the only unrealistic "combat" things about the game.. and it's a big element that shouldn't be overlooked. While we have realistic weapons characteristics, I would imagine we would also have realistic damage ballistics, so if someone is shot in the leg, it should temporarily slow them down, and even one shot in the heart should drop you into incapacitated mode. As someone who works in the cardiac intensive care unit, no amount of adrenaline can make you combat effective when your heart explodes. And in this game you don't even have the slightest reaction to being shot. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

32 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

If a heart attack can make you drop instantly. How much more should a 5.56 going through your heart! That stops blood flow to brain and other functions.  And the fact that in this game you can shoot someone in the heart TWICE and they still run without even a flinch or loss in stamina... well it's one of the only unrealistic "combat" things about the game.. and it's a big element that shouldn't be overlooked. While we have realistic weapons characteristics, I would imagine we would also have realistic damage ballistics, so if someone is shot in the leg, it should temporarily slow them down, and even one shot in the heart should drop you into incapacitated mode. As someone who works in the cardiac intensive care unit, no amount of adrenaline can make you combat effective when your heart explodes. And in this game you don't even have the slightest reaction to being shot. 

If you want it 100% realistic then a 5.56 to the heart shouldnt anything to a modern soldier. They wear body armor dude.

I hear his point and yeah, the body armor prevents that...to an extent. Unless you get hit in the neck or someplace in your arm and the bullet can travel to your heart with some dumb luck but this is a "combat sim" game. There are just odds. I'd say more if you were shot in the head since thats the most exposed area only covered by a helmet, but the game covers all that well.

Also this game is un-realistic, because in real life when i look further than 200mtrs i can still see sharp!

In this i see pixels! Un-realistic i say!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I think damage as is is perfect. I would only wish for windage in bullet ballistics so I can't take those half a mile headshots anymore. 

I mean it's a good point but then you open all the other possibilities "if your toe explodes can you really run?" (Probably). "If I get shot in my ball sack am I affected?" (Maybe). At what point do we draw the line? I like balance over hyper realism.

Shot in the heart, and you're too late baby you give pubsssss a bad nameeeee, bad nameeeee.

Use search function bro.  

15 hours ago, wyatt_earp_fan said:

I hear his point and yeah, the body armor prevents that...to an extent. Unless you get hit in the neck or someplace in your arm and the bullet can travel to your heart with some dumb luck but this is a "combat sim" game. There are just odds. I'd say more if you were shot in the head since thats the most exposed area only covered by a helmet, but the game covers all that well.

Yeah and I think we would agree that 90% of insurgents don't wear body armor though right?

Still, 1hits with any weapon to the chest could make the game rediculously unbalanced. For factions without scopes. I'm happy that this game delivers what the devs promise so far, i never expected an actual realistic game, just tactical and fun with some realistic aspects.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

31 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Still, 1hits with any weapon to the chest could make the game rediculously unbalanced. For factions without scopes. I'm happy that this game delivers what the devs promise so far, i never expected an actual realistic game, just tactical and fun with some realistic aspects.

Well the main thing that the devs promised but have yet to implement is a new animation system that would give hit reactions, flinches or stamina loss when hit.  They have done a great job with v8, maybe now they can implement it @Z-trooper

59 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Well the main thing that the devs promised but have yet to implement is a new animation system that would give hit reactions, flinches or stamina loss when hit.  They have done a great job with v8, maybe now they can implement it @Z-trooper

Dude, give it a rest! Dont you understand that the more you spam and annoy people the LESS they want to give you what youre asking for? You make this same thread every. single. patch. THEY KNOW. Z-trooper even posted in this thread. They will add the features they think fit when they're ready for it. Spamming the same things 100 times is NOT helping your cause, it just makes people not take you seriously.

30 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

Dude, give it a rest! Dont you understand that the more you spam and annoy people the LESS they want to give you what youre asking for? You make this same thread every. single. patch. THEY KNOW. Z-trooper even posted in this thread. They will add the features they think fit when they're ready for it. Spamming the same things 100 times is NOT helping your cause, it just makes people not take you seriously.

Good point. But I actually haven't mentioned the subject in months and have been praising the devs on these awesome latest updates. But I am curious if the animation system is still being considered. We haven't heard much about that in ages. 

Good point. But I actually haven't mentioned the subject in months and have been praising the devs on these awesome latest updates. But I am curious if the animation system is still being considered. We haven't heard much about that in ages. 

If u want to know something about the animation system, why don't you ask for it? Instead u start a thread about that a bullet in the heart should kill instantly. So this seems to be a bit weird