14 minutes ago, tweak by one said:

why some SL's are control freak lmao. like bro chill. we dont have a rank system yet. please be good to us we're new in the game.

Just because there is no rank system doesn't mean that people don't want to play to win. 

You should get in contact with this guy and start your "casual squad" revolution :)

I believe he is talking about the screaming and cussing at new players. it doesnt get anyone anywhere, makes the community more toxic and is overall a determent. no one learns a thing when they're getting ****ing butchered for a noob mistake because they're new at the game. it wont change, but it sure as hell is annoying.

1) Please put a few more hours in the game until you think you're ready to lead a squad

2) Play at least 5 full games as one of the squad leaders on a full 72-slot server

3) Report back and tell us how it went

OK?

Just now, Polo Besscobar said:

1) Please put a few more hours in the game until you think you're ready to lead a squad

2) Play at least 5 full games as one of the squad leaders on a full 72-slot server

OK?

Believe me, i understand its obnoxious dealing with new players sometimes being so oblivious to the things we see and know. but, screaming, pouting and freaking out like a child isnt helping anyone. give them suggestions, teach them, give them options. not everything has to result in one giant shitfest just because a new player hasnt a clue what he is doing. 

;(

I dont believe there is going to be a "rank" system of any kind.

That being said, yea i can totally see why not taking the time to talk to and walk-through new players into someone a little more knowlegable about the game mechanics themselves could be frustrating... however some people just want to watch the world COD....

10 minutes ago, Polo Besscobar said:

OK?

I agree with Besscobar.

1QdNi9k.jpg

FutureMarine:

I believe he is talking about the screaming and cussing at new players. it doesnt get anyone anywhere, makes the community more toxic and is overall a determent. no one learns a thing when they're getting ****ing butchered for a noob mistake because they're new at the game. it wont change, but it sure as hell is annoying.

I hope the user name isn't reflective of your ambitions... As you may not like how MOST marines will speak to you... forever....

Edited by Serp403
Grammar, probably still messed up.

8 minutes ago, Serp403 said:

I hope the user name isn't reflective of your ambitions... As you may not like how MOST marines will speak to you... forever....

This is a game, not the marine corps. stop treating it like it is. theres a difference between being hard on squad mates to get shit done and just cussing someone out and treating them like scum cause they dont understand what something does.

P.S. I fully understand Bootcamp will bring me to my knees, turn me into a little bitch and reshape me into a man, its been made clear to me many times. but thats off topic.

Edited by FutureMarine

No no, you don't understand. Being a squad leader in this game is one of the most stressful, exciting and satisfying experiences. Ever.

When a squad leader yells at you you're usually:

1) been told what (not) to do, but you did it anyway

2) SL has had a really really bad day

3) is inexperienced as a SL and feels like he's doing a terrible job

Yes, your mistakes translate to his ability to lead his squad and is always subjected to review by at least 3 other, very often more experienced, squad leaders on the same team.

Just now, Polo Besscobar said:

No no, you don't understand. Being a squad leader in this game is one of the most stressful, exciting and satisfying experiences. Ever.

When a squad leader yells at you you're usually:

1) been told what (not) to do, but you did it anyway

2) SL has had a really really bad day

3) is inexperienced as a SL and feels like he's doing a terrible job

Yes, your mistakes translate to his ability to lead his squad and is always subjected to review by at least 3 other, very often more experienced, squad leaders on the same team.

Lol, and where did you get the understanding that i dont understand any of it? i've gotten frustrated, everyone has. i've been satisfied with how i preformed and excited during firefights where my squad is doing everything properly and timely. I've also ****ed up, a whole bunch. Everyone who's lead a squad has had these moments, that in no way justifies cussing someone out because they dont understand a mechanic in the game.

1 minute ago, FutureMarine said:

This is a game, not the marine corps. stop treating it like it is. theres a difference between being hard on squad mates to get shit done and just cussing someone out and treating them like scum cause they dont understand what something does.

You are correct, and while this is a game(I never treated it like it was the Marine Corps, because I'm not sad enough to pretend to be one), it's played by real-life people(who should be Adults given the maturity level requiered)... I don't have to sugar coat anything because I don't play on Disney's servers. again, if someones just cussing you out and being a d*** without any constructive feedback and knowledge, you are correct to call them out, If there is a surge of people doing this, dare I say they are the same people who came into the game with you on the free weekend? And not once did I condone this behavour you're complaining againts. i'd in fact be more than happy to back you up in game over it. I love when new players come on and are willing to learn, its just that a lot of people dont listen while trying to learn, and that can frusterate anyone. the short answer is, If you have a problem with your squad lead. leave the squad. he wont have much reason to pick the SL if no one will play with him.

8 minutes ago, Polo Besscobar said:

How come you're a Grunt with 5 posts, then?

activity ingame in no way relates to activity on the forums. 

6 minutes ago, Serp403 said:

You are correct, and while this is a game(I never treated it like it was the Marine Corps, because I'm not sad enough to pretend to be one), it's played by real-life people(who should be Adults given the maturity level requiered)... I don't have to sugar coat anything because I don't play on Disney's servers. again, if someones just cussing you out and being a d*** without any constructive feedback and knowledge, you are correct to call them out, If there is a surge of people doing this, dare I say they are the same people who came into the game with you on the free weekend? And not once did I condone this behavour you're complaining againts. i'd in fact be more than happy to back you up in game over it. I love when new players come on and are willing to learn, its just that a lot of people dont listen while trying to learn, and that can frusterate anyone. the short answer is, If you have a problem with your squad lead. leave the squad. he wont have much reason to pick the SL if no one will play with him.

totally agreed. sorry, I did not mean you were an instigator of such actions. Its just sad to see when new players get picked on and driven away from the game when they're genuinely trying to learn.

Edited by FutureMarine

3 minutes ago, FutureMarine said:

activity ingame in no way relates to activity on the forums. 

totally agreed. I did not mean you were an instigator of such actions. Its just sad to see when new players get picked on and driven away from the game when they're genuinely trying to learn.

Completely Agreed, like I said and polo mentioned, there are TONS of factors on why a SL gets sh**ty. a lot of it is because their skills are being reflected in your actions. to me? no reason to sh*t on anyone but myself for not trying to wrangling the newbies in my squad. For them? maybe they just got this and are amazing 360 kno skope CODrazors and cant figure out why theyre not wining the match by themselves. its up to us as a community(both you and I equally) to change this. In game I find is best. F*&6 'em, play alone then. thats my attitude. 

Good luck with boot my son, remember nothing is personal, they want you to be the best f$%king marine ever made to date, thats it ;)

1 minute ago, Serp403 said:

Good luck with boot my son, remember nothing is personal, they want you to be the best f$%king marine ever made to date, thats it

Ill try to remember that. I have around 5-6 months left till i graduate. then i get to move onto MEPS during june after i turn 18. I come from a muslim family tho, I just wont tell em that part, thats like throwing a bomb and gasoline into a fire and expecting nothing to happen :P

1 minute ago, FutureMarine said:

Ill try to remember that. I have around 5-6 months left till i graduate. then i get to move onto MEPS during june after i turn 18. I come from a muslim family tho, I just wont tell em that part, thats like throwing a bomb and gasoline into a fire and expecting nothing to happen :P

Don't be silly, religions plays little part in shaping a marine, let alone any of our brothers in arms. No one hates you or thinks lesser of you for it. its your character and who you become that matters. You'll do fine I think. 

-Sorry off-topic

8 minutes ago, Polo Besscobar said:

They already know and if you won't be open and honest about it, it's gonna bite you hard down the road. Best of luck to you.

Thanks. 

P.S. Recruiter will know, instructors wont, unless i tell them. (they dont look into that, recruiters do background checks)
btw msg me if you wanna keep on talking cause were getting really off topic :P

Edited by FutureMarine

1 hour ago, FutureMarine said:

P.S. I fully understand Bootcamp will bring me to my knees, turn me into a little bitch and reshape me into a man, its been made clear to me many times. but thats off topic.

No you don't. You really have no idea or can possibly imagine what it's like. Nothing you read, watch, see or hear can prepare you. So cut that attitude at the door. Besides that, back on topic, most of us are assholes because we have to deal with incompetent squad members. I don't yell at someone who asks questions. I yell at someone who is across the ****ing map. 

Don't do it you'll turn into a non-thinking tool for corporations who will use you as a number and discard you when you come home.  

Being a man has nothing to do with pounding your chest and being brainwashed to fight in a war.  

Being a man is being there for your family and protecting them here.

Is that going to piss some veterans off?  Probably but it's the truth and the cold hard reality of what goes on.  

They're assholes because they treat you like mad dogs and you get phucked over.  

With rage and heavy drinking and all the other negative side effects that war has on the human psyche.

If someone is in the squad causing problems kick them.  Or mentor them if they're at least trying.

It takes time for veterans to keep their rage in check when they come back.  

Perhaps that is what you were dealing with.  Or maybe you needa harden the phuck up.  

Either way treat others as you want to be treated and if someones an asshole, go to another squad.  

Edited by Dystopian

4 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

Don't do it you'll turn into a non-thinking tool for corporations who will use you as a number and discard you when you come home.  

Being a man has nothing to do with pounding your chest and being brainwashed to fight in a war.  

Being a man is being there for your family and protecting them here.

Is that going to piss some veterans off?  Probably but it's the truth and the cold hard reality of what goes on.  

They're assholes because they treat you like mad dogs and you get phucked over.  

With rage and heavy drinking and all the other negative side effects that war has on the human psyche.

If someone is in the squad causing problems kick them.  Or mentor them if they're at least trying.

It takes time for veterans to keep their rage in check when they come back.  

Perhaps that is what you were dealing with.  Or maybe you needa harden the phuck up.  

Either way treat others as you want to be treated and if someones an asshole, go to another squad.  

Seriously? I'm a combat veteran with two deployments to Kandahar. I don't have problems keeping my "rage" in check. If you haven't served then you aren't allowed an opinion on what it means to serve or why you should or shouldn't serve. I didn't join the Army to prove I was a man and pound my chest. Some people are warriors and that's the only life that seems logical for them. 

Stay on topic dude. 

Been there done that sonny idgaf what you have to say about it.  If the shoe fits wear it if it don't move along now. 

15 hours ago, tweak by one said:

why some SL's are control freak lmao. like bro chill. we dont have a rank system yet. please be good to us we're new in the game.

So be honest about it and say ur kind of new to the game in case you feel up against the wall

Or try SL and find out whats it like trying to move guys that are kind of new to the game.

This topics had been discussed many times before. For that reason there is a thread (somewhere) dedicated to acknowledging good squad leaders... Take note of the bad ones and leave their squad. Take note of the good ones and try to join there squad. Not much else you can do about it.