tweak by one

some SL's

33 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, FutureMarine said:

I believe he is talking about the screaming and cussing at new players. it doesnt get anyone anywhere, makes the community more toxic and is overall a determent. no one learns a thing when they're getting ****ing butchered for a noob mistake because they're new at the game. it wont change, but it sure as hell is annoying.

This. I was having an off day, as SL. Some dude flat out said "Look, I know you're trying but you're absolutely F**ing retarded, I'm leaving your squad" I still kept most of my other members (who were newer) and I had realized there was already a FOB near me and was trying to put down another one. After that match I went to bed, lol.

Most SL's I play with lately all want to put FOB's right on the flags, and it's both ineffective (99% of the time) and annoying as I sit there shoveling away only to find the infallible SL missed at least 1, usually several approach angles (not to mention a storm of numbers would quickly over-run the squad) so it's been whatever. I'll probably wait another few months and wait for the influx of new players, screaming players, and some downright rude players to either learn or quit.

Probably those who should read it won't anymore(the topic got quite huge), but lets give it a try and share my foolish point of view.

Your skill is not important, it is all about your attitude. Most Squadleaders dont mind newcommers asking basic questions, they dont care if you are a skilled fighter or not. Important is, if you are willing to learn and cooperate with the squad.

Some may think Squadleaders are only playing to have a great time themselves, but thats rarely the case.
They have an important job; keeping the squad together, making them contribute to win the game and overall guaranteeing fun for
every squadmember. Players who dont follow orders and troll around, aggravate  the experience for everyone!

The squadleaders have to manage a lot of things at once. Everyone can improve the general "feel" of the game by helping him.

Stay in formation(make other to do so aswell) and give the Squadleader useful information (he might have missed it).

Lessen the burden of the squadleader and he will be more relaxed and can focus on other tasks.

The best games i had were with players who worked toghther, everyone doing their job . Being part of something bigger  and desperately trying to outsmart the enemie. All players and squads helping/relying on eachother,  working together for a greater goal against a relentless enemie to barely secure the win.  An experience that is hardly found in another game.

Understand that some circumstances lower the mood of Squadleaders or they might have had a bad day and are a bit pissed.

Yes there are Squadleaders who are too harsh, selfish and rude, but also those who want the game to be great for everyone.

Look for the later ones and leave squads lead by those mentioned first.

why some SL's are control freak lmao. like bro chill. we dont have a rank system yet. please be good to us we're new in the game.

Take a look at this thread:

There two tyes of play Pub and Clan  play.

• Public games are like trying to heard cats, nothing is simple and only raised voices can be heard.  

• Clan play is dealing with lots of prima donnas. All knowing experts.

Both have there stresses which can make a SL bang his head on the wall. The question is what are you doing to reduce this stress. SL has to deal with his men, and all the other SL  so when asking for a second for rally for the third time,  why not try and cut him some slack and jump too and be pro active. 

I dont always play SL because I like it the most, more because i'm decent at it and i'd rather play SL than be in an uncoordinated, no goals, no game awareness squad...

But when i play SL then, I think its fair to expect people do to what they're told tbh... and if I have to tell people to do stuff multiple times, sometimes i raise my voice.

I never call people stupid shit or get mental ofc... thats just toxic.

yeah maybe some SL's are just stress out.

but teaching new things without cursing really feels good to new players, like they're welcome to the game.

new players sometimes dont understand the objectives.
like the only good squad lead 'i've been with" is wraith.

he told me to stay behind him and follow him trough out the objectives.

teach me the basics for all roles.

atleast i learned to say clear  backblast when firing an RPG, i din't know backblast can kill teamates lmao.

absolutely no excuse for losing your temper and swearing and screaming offensive terms at people in a game , unless you are just plain immature or have underlying anger management issues.