Sign in to follow this  
gridiron504

Console Gamer Built PC To Play Squad

Hey guys!

So I was originally a console gamer for 11 years. I never wanted to transition to PC gaming for the normal "To Expensive" reason. Until last year when I saw a video on YouTube about Squad. The game was literally everything I could want in a game: teamwork, intensity, strategy, voice communication, large maps, realistic gunfights and gameplay, etc. So I saved up and built a decent rig so I could finally enjoy a proper game like this. Now I play games from DiRT: Rally and Mirror's Edge to Squad and Insurgency. So I've only had steam for a few months now, I have about 50hrs on Squad, but I am new to the community. I usually just get on and play couple rounds and hop off. I'm looking forward to playing more often and getting to know everyone!

Edited by gridiron504

Welcome to family mate :) So exciting to see that Squad is such a PC exclusive game that make people buy Gaming PC to play it :x

Welcome, gridiron504, I'm glad we have one less console peasant now! (Just kidding :D)

No for real, I'm really glad someone found PC for themself.

Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums and in the game.

If you're interested in joining a clan/community, leave a post in this thread here.

Please read up these 2 links and enjoy your time here:

Welcome in this family bro. 

Its really nice to hear that somebody jump on PC just because of Squad video on Youtube. Same like @Jaghammer said 

Yeah this game is amazing and community even more. 

I really like what you said. What you like on Squad. Because we miss this in our real lifes (and I dont mean shooting and killing and so on) we are happy if we find it in a game. Squad is community game. Its build by love for love. Its romantic said I know. But hell that true. 

You will have there good times and bad times. When you will enjoy game and step away and come back again after couple of months or even year. But people still returning. This is one of the most amazing game all over the world. When people figure out that its not just about run and gun they start truly enjoy this. 

So have a fun and 

see you at field

7 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

Welcome! Good to have you here.

But you can't tease us PC hardware enthusiasts and not share your specs!

And I hope you've checked out r/pcmasterrace :)

7 hours ago, Shoshin said:

holy moly bat man, give up the spec won't ya?

Ok I'll do the whole rundown for you guys! 

- Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherboard

- MSI gtx 970

- I-5 Skylake 6500

- Crucial 240gb SSD (Dedicated for my favorite games, like squad)

- 1tb WD Hard Drive

Thats the meat of the build I guess. It's all inside a corsair air 540 case. It's actually a really nice setup, being my first EVER venture into building a computer. Built it myself by watching people build them on YouTube hahaha. I got it all going to the new Asus VG245H gaming monitor with a nice mechanical keyboard and decent Logitech mouse. It runs everything at 60fps for 1080p. Which is all I need. But yea, all for squad. 

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys! Yea, it is true though. I went out of my way and built a PC strictly in order to get access to squad. All the other games on PC are just a plus. Squad was the game changer. It an amazing game and the people in game are always helpful. I am defienetly interested in joining this community. I'm a DIE HARD gamer.  I'm in school for Criminal Justice, so I got time to kill! Really looking forward to joining some communities guys!

10 hours ago, gridiron504 said:

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys! Yea, it is true though. I went out of my way and built a PC strictly in order to get access to squad. All the other games on PC are just a plus. Squad was the game changer. It an amazing game and the people in game are always helpful. I am defienetly interested in joining this community. I'm a DIE HARD gamer.  I'm in school for Criminal Justice, so I got time to kill! Really looking forward to joining some communities guys!

You should have ditched the console 10 years ago :) There was, well still is , a certain mod for Battlefield 2 called Project Reality, its basically Squad with 5x the content , but with mid 2000's graphics.

17 hours ago, gridiron504 said:

Ok I'll do the whole rundown for you guys! 

- Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherboard

- MSI gtx 970

- I-5 Skylake 6500

- Crucial 240gb SSD (Dedicated for my favorite games, like squad)

- 1tb WD Hard Drive

Thats the meat of the build I guess. It's all inside a corsair air 540 case. It's actually a really nice setup, being my first EVER venture into building a computer. Built it myself by watching people build them on YouTube hahaha. I got it all going to the new Asus VG245H gaming monitor with a nice mechanical keyboard and decent Logitech mouse. It runs everything at 60fps for 1080p. Which is all I need. But yea, all for squad. 

Wow you got such a nice first build PC... also really cool that you did build it yourself!

And instantly a mechanical keyboard...... you are new to PC gaming but already have everything you need! :D

I would recommend to maybe set aside a bit of money for the holiday sale on Steam to maybe buy some games you always wanted to play on PC. The deals are crazy sometimes!