winterfell

reward for winning?

1 hour ago, Odin said:

I have been waiting on my "I put on pants today" award every single day.. No one gives it to me... /cry

You had your reward. It was that no one pointed and laughed as you walked in the street.

I would still like to do a level or mode where the objective is to get the gold.  The winner gets the reward of winning and gets the gold too.  A fun mode to play.  Both sides objective is to get the gold from some place like Fort Knox and take it to their safe zone underground facility.  They need trucks and tanks and lots of team work because both sides want that gold bad.  :-)

Thought of way to make it interesting and fresh each time you play this mode.  The bank or vault building containing the gold randomly spawns on map each time, both sides get a map to its location and time to come up with a plan to get there secure it before the other team does and bring it back to secure faculty.  They need to think both offensively and defensively to protect the cargo enroute from other team.

Edited by XRobinson
fun

9 hours ago, chaz69 said:

damn millennials and their participation trophies.

lel_zpsjwz4tw0i.jpg

haha yeah totally, remember how no video games or sports games have points or trophies or leaderboards? i remember the dark days of 2006 when they introduced scoring in football and it totally ruined the sport - all the teams wanted to do was win the superbowl! disgusting

I want,I want HeadShots Reward....Like from my old JointOps days *Cries*

Because I wanna shout out loud...."Boom HeadShot" "Boom HeadShot" "Boom HeadShot"

200.gif

hey @Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX, what about that deep resonant voice-over from Quake(or was it UT?) - Headshot!, double-kill!!, Outstanding!!!, God-Like!!!!!
;)

add: remember "Mmmm-mm, smell that cookin'!"   -i think it was one of the Female emotes

Edited by LaughingJack

On 20/01/2017 at 0:41 AM, LaughingJack said:

hey @Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX, what about that deep resonant voice-over from Quake(or was it UT?) - Headshot!, double-kill!!, Outstanding!!!, God-Like!!!!!
;)

add: remember "Mmmm-mm, smell that cookin'!"   -i think it was one of the Female emotes

Those were the days mate...And Yes I like what ya saying,like it alot ;)

On 11/13/2016 at 8:07 PM, XRobinson said:

Winners get free beer at the Green Dragon pub on 5th street.  :) Losers have to pay for the beer.

I am going to collect on that! +1 for Portland

Edited by BleedingKnee

On 01/27/2017 at 8:25 AM, BleedingKnee said:

I am going to collect on that! +1 for Portland

I started building a real Green Dragon pub for the game!  Show a sneak peak today maybe.  Might change name to Red Wolf pub though.  After game ends we can all hook up at the pub!  :D

On 11/17/2016 at 10:37 PM, bauclair83 said:

My only take on implementing a rank up system would be, to not only show Squad loyalty in regards to time spent playing, but also to take seniority, so to speak, on choosing kits. That would be a good enough recognition/reward system for me.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

My worry with an in-game rank system is that you'll get elitist squad leaders who only want members who are X rank and above. It also kills the immersion if you've got a squad of nine colonels rushing into battle.

Basically it'll end up as a stick to beat new players with and in a game like Squad it doesn't really serve a purpose anyway.

Hopefully this was many times disqused and developers and core comunity said NO ..... (whew)

Awards are like Placebo. It gives you the Feeling the game is great. In my opinion many reward-system games are firstly to think more about getting rewards you are "working" for instead of concentrating you on the game itself. It's not the right type of fun you should aim for.

For what do you Play cs:go? To get skins to Show other Players how great YOU are. A rewarding System would destroy the teamspirit in short period of time. No one would Play for others anymore, he would Play for himself and for his on Goals and rewards.

Rewards are like "please Play the game, we can give u things to make you feel good, even if you don't like the game" In the last few years this rewarding-market became more and more Money-oriented. It's like gambling (loot-boxes like overwatch) Even if you hate the game, you may Play it to get rewards. Example Overwatch again: WIN 9 games to get 3 loot-boxes. I played the game, i won 9 games in like 2 hours, spent 2 hours for raging myself just for lootboxes.

But i am drifting, all i want to make clear, is that rewarding-systems destroy the games heart.

But there is a difference between receiving an award for doing stuff in game verses receiving a team award for winning the match.  This doesn't make people care more about awards than winning the game, nor does it make the game all about the reward.  The reward is for winning the match not winning the reward. :)

Give the winning side victory music, that should do it.

2 hours ago, LugNut said:

Give the winning side victory music, that should do it.

got any music suggestions for that?

Edited by XRobinson
examples

Start of every round:

Winners:

Losers:

Like a Mad Max ending...

Or something more orchestral

Edited by XRobinson

On 11/14/2016 at 5:55 AM, winterfell said:

is there gonna be any reward for winning games in the future? i just feel that a lot of people dont care about winning or losing because theres no punishments or rewards and i find that it ruins some of the experience because no one is trying there hardest

theres no drive to really "hold the last location at any cost" losing just feels meh

Do you get any reward for playing basketball/football/tennis/painball/youNameIt IRL with friends or with randoms?

Would you like OWI to pay your for winning matches or what?

Experience itself is a reward already!

And I know where you're going with it. You're going with this to cancerous CSGO or Battlefield systems, where kids are playing just to get achievements on Steam(or cases or whatever facepalm stuff they're playing for) or to get some unlocks on their weapons, instead of trying to win the match.

I get what this guy is asking. I just think he couldn't find a way to say it without sounding like he is entitled to a "cookie" for winning. So lets rephrase this in a way that affects people who are in it for the fun factor, and don't care about the winning. If I'm having a bad day, what's stopping me from trolling others to ruin theirs? Like my favorite, taking SL and blasting music over command channel until everyone on my team leaves. How about team killing until just one tk away from auto-kick, re-log and repeat. Simple things, like following your aggressive stealth squad into enemy territory who are trying to flank, then unloading your clip in the air while typing their position into all-chat. Cosmetic rewards would be nice, but I think a W/L ratio attached to your profile would suffice. A nice player approval rating would be cool too, maybe even allow admins on personal servers to auto-ban players below a certain percentage. Though, I'm not entirely sure if Offworld is up to the task of designing a reward system. As you can see by the "Level" system on these forums, they simply reward people for any comment, progressive or retarded. The more comments made, the higher your level, or the more grey dots you get above your picture. This explains why the comments that lean towards the "retarded" end of the spectrum and are the least progressive towards the actual topic, are made by those who have the most grey dots above their picture. If they do implement a reward system, I hope it is more thought out than one we have on the forums.

Winner-certificate-570x436.png

Print one after every game you win and hang it on the wall ??