winterfell

reward for winning?

is there gonna be any reward for winning games in the future? i just feel that a lot of people dont care about winning or losing because theres no punishments or rewards and i find that it ruins some of the experience because no one is trying there hardest

theres no drive to really "hold the last location at any cost" losing just feels meh

Winners get free beer at the Green Dragon pub on 5th street.  :)  Losers have to pay for the beer.

Not really sure how to answer your question...can you give us an idea of what you think is a reward and punishment please?

4 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Winners get free beer at the Green Dragon pub on 5th street.  :) Losers have to pay for the beer.

Not really sure how to answer your question...can you give us an idea of what you think is a reward and punishment please?

i know were not getting any level system but honestly idk what could work

i just want people to have a reason to care about winning, and idk how else to do that

SgtHerhi   

Does this seem like a bunch of lads who don't care if they win or lose ;)https://www.twitch.tv/ne0kash/v/100657559

It's the commitment of time, it's the teamwork aspect and it's at least for myself my competitive nature that makes it worth it to fight to the last ticket. I find it extremely refreshing that there is no arbitrary leveling nonsense or anything else falsely motivating me to compete. 

It's my team against their team and I'm giving my all to win, just because I really enjoy it. I'm expecting all my teammates are doing the same and so are the enemies, that creates enough tension for it to be worth it. It's kinda like sports, you don't get a cookie when you win a football game, you get the feeling that you were better than the other guys and it feels bloody amazing to beat them into a pulp.

I do see how it can be tricky in this day and age to come to a game that doesn't have any kind of reward from a win except the win itself as every other game has something but I like to think you'll learn to appreciate it. You get to focus 100% of the enjoyment of the game itself and don't have to worry "oh shit better get 4 more revives for a medal".

Quacken   
6 hours ago, winterfell said:

is there gonna be any reward for winning games in the future? i just feel that a lot of people dont care about winning or losing because theres no punishments or rewards and i find that it ruins some of the experience because no one is trying there hardest

theres no drive to really "hold the last location at any cost" losing just feels meh

Artical; http://www.pcgamesn.com/squad/squad-breacher-class-ama

"We've talked very casually (very very very casually) about doing a system where you get some kind of "Battle XP" after every round you complete, and the amount you get is just for playing," said Fleenor. "And by casually, I mean we have no real plans for it. We wanted to work through what the issues there were, like what you encourage by having an XP system, what kind of rewards you can give for leveling up, what does it actually mean to be a higher level than someone else, and most importantly, how can we use it to make the game experience better and make you want to keep playing. It was a fun discussion, and we came up with a pretty ok set of ideas we could try out if we had the time."

Edited by Quacken

Melbo   

Needs a Rising Storm cut scene with really loud music where everyone hits escape to skip it so they don't get their ear drums blown out!

8 hours ago, winterfell said:

Here let me hold a carrot on a stick for ya bud.

What's great about Squad is it gets away from that instant gratification moshpit that is modern FPS's, with their endless unlock grinding, flashy killstreak messages, and skin trading/micro transactions.

Squad is about the experience, not getting achievements or unlocking new weapons to add an artificial feeling of accomplishment. When you play Squad... you play Squad, not some skin trading grind simulator.

Neralu   

I think that Squad don't need something like  "reward for winning" (Exp, ranks and etc) . This game is not about the "rewards" that you can display. In my opinion, the main "reward" it' s trust from players  and teamwork. For SL (for example) it's the players who are or will be trusting and following you because of your leadrship and decisions. 

zoog   

Reward? For me a reward of playing any video game is having a good time. For Squad in particular? From the mere 6 hours of experience (but I have played a lot of Arma 2 & Arma 3 and other tactical shooters) I'd say outsmarting the enemy, working as a team and having a great time with others is the actual reward.

But I think you're more wondering about some reason for actually wanting to win? Not sure, why do you want to win in a friendly soccer match with your friends? Why do you want to win while playing pool? Why do you want to beat your friend when racing each other in Gran Turismo? For me I think because it's fun to outsmart your opponent, to have the edge and experience to perform better than the other. Humans seem to have the desire to win. But I'm sure there is enough (social, psychological and economic) research in this area trying to explain why we want to win and how these motivations work.

No need for any artificial motivation IMO as long as the gameplay is fun and of some quality.

Edited by zoog

10 hours ago, zoog said:

... I'd say outsmarting the enemy, working as a team and having a great time with others is the actual reward.

... For me I think because it's fun to outsmart your opponent, to have the edge and experience to perform better than the other Humans ...

... explain why we want to win and how these motivations work.

totally agree, zoog.

maybe he's one of the generation of kids that was brainwashed into thinking "winning is everything" by his overzeolous underachieving parents . . . ?

Gleb   

Maybe personal stats just to compete on my own,

if some reward screen pops up anyway, it Will be skipped fast just to get going for next round..So No tnx.

17 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

The riddle of steele....you know it boy dont you...

Strength and honor!  That's what winning is about.

The-Legend-Of-Conan.jpg

CROMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My only take on implementing a rank up system would be, to not only show Squad loyalty in regards to time spent playing, but also to take seniority, so to speak, on choosing kits. That would be a good enough recognition/reward system for me.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

On 11/17/2016 at 1:21 PM, Tennessee said:

The reward for winning is not being a loser. 

+1

Sorry, but I've been sitting here shaking my head at the original post... and that's coming from a guy who, to be quite honest, doesn't have a particularly strong competitive drive. Still though, how broken is this generation that they have to have an incentive to win, above and beyond winning? /smh