Aniallator

Why does everything look low res?

Why do textures appear low res up close? I run everything on max, save for super sampling which I turn off or set to 1.25, and view distance which I set to low, as the difference isn't really noticeable. So why are uniform textures (especially the Russian ones) and many weapon textures blurry and seemingly low res? I've seen enough of Squad's promo videos and YouTube gameplay of guys running it at max settings and 60 FPS to know that textures shouldn't look this way.

What games is this, becuase it sure doesn't look like Squad!

ss_f8fd9f7b5790511d7d15cc0e2c07c7da4d9cd

GTX 960M

i7 4720HQ

16 GBs RAM

2x 500 MB HDD

Edited by Aniallator

1 minute ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Can you post a screenshot on what it really looks like for you?

Will get in-game and take one.

I believe this to be related to low VRAM. Squad streams textures according to the amount of VRAM that you have; less VRAM equals lower-res textures. Also note that the system isn't perfect: sometimes you run out of VRAM sooner than expected, which causes the game to load incredibly blurry and low quality textures (for the ones that haven't been loaded yet).

Edited by Sovietdoge

ive got 8GB Vram and I had a monitoring tool running in the background yesterday there were at max 61% of it used playing SQUAD with everything at epic. so that could quite be the reason, that your textures get kind of downsampled to not let you run out of vram.

Edited by MechanimaL

I run my game on all-low and it doesn't look as bad as those screenshots O.o

I wonder what's causing that. Pretty sure the BTR LOD0 texture (first MIP?) is way prettier than that

Edit: Actually I might be lying, it may be that bad but when I am in-game I don't notice. I'll check tonight when I get home if no one else replies

Edited by Psyrus

4 hours ago, Motherdear said:

I believe the view distance governs what lods you see, increase you view distance to get better lods up close.

Alright, will give that a shot.

15 hours ago, Motherdear said:

I believe the view distance governs what lods you see, increase you view distance to get better lods up close.

but surely you should be seeing the good ones(LOD0) up close and then tapering off dependant on distance?

On 5/20/2018 at 7:39 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

So did you ever manage to fix it?

I must have, my game definitely doesn't look that bad now. Mind you the game doesn't run nearly as well as it did back in 2016, I have to go all low for 20-40 FPS, but I definitely don't have those texture/LOD issues anymore. I'm not even sure I did anything specific to fix it (e.g. I still run view distance on low), I think it just solved itself at some point.