Sign in to follow this  
-Steve-

Forum/Site Feedback

-Steve-   

Hi Everyone!!

Since my new position of Forum Admin became effective a week or so ago I have been keeping a low profile while I searched around the site here.  So I thought it might be time to actually introduce myself properly and to let you know what Im doing here!!  :D

My user name here is MURay and the MU part is my clan tag from my site.  I answer more to Ray the rest of the time.  I have been in gaming since Team Fortress, have done a good number of maps for Call of Duty and helped out with countless others.  I still play BF4 as that is the current flavour that my group is into (until Squad is out).  We have already purchased 2 Clan 10 packages during KickStart so there will be at least 20 or more of the MU crew playing.  My mapping site has been around for almost 5 years during which time I got deeply involved in webhosting out of necessity.  It is from this working behind the scenes of a website that I approached the Staff here with an offer to assist with the site if they needed an extra hand.  Turns out they did and here I am.

You may already have seen some of the changes that I have made and rest assured that there is much more coming.  Web sites are always in a process of evolution, growth and change.  That keeps it exciting and fresh for all and for myself.

Now to get you, the members, involved.

There is a basic breakdown in responsibilities here at Squad.  I like to think there are 4 groups or areas. 

1. The Devs
  2. The Moderators
  3. The Members
  4. Forum Admin

We all know that the Devs are actually making the game.  They are very busy and absorbed in their work.

The Moderators monitor the forums and keep things running smoothly.  Spec is the Lead Moderator.

The members, you, are the reason that we are all here anyway!!!

The Forum Admin works at fixing the site if things are broken or acting strangely.  Adjusts the site to keep it clean and efficient.  Adds new features to enhance the content and so on.  Basically works in the background for the most part.  Works closely with the Devs and the Moderators to maintain harmony between the various groups. 

Now the really important part, important because it involves you the Members.

If you have any concerns, questions, suggestions pertaining to the forum and site then let me know please!!  Start a thread or simply drop me a PM.  I will respond to all as quickly as I can.  I cant and wont promise that I can do everything that is asked but I will always give a reason why.

As we move forward toward release you will be seeing some changes to the site.  Some will be more in the future as they become relevant.  I think you will be happy with much of what is planned.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and Thank you all for being members here at Squad!!

Cheers.

Ray

Zelyth   

Well, I posted a topic awhile ago listing some suggestions for how the forum could be improved, and the second point I made was implemented, and the third was already a feature (but not activated by default) my first point is still something I'd like to see, as it makes it quite a lot easier to find active topics when visiting the homepage. Here it is:

"On the homepage for this forum, on the right side of the screen, there's the section that lists recent new topics. Now, I think that this should either be replaced or have another one below it that displays topics that have recently been replied to. This makes it easier to find active topics on the forum and saves time manually looking at every section and looking at the date when the last reply was posted."

I'm still rooting for that one.

Also, it's nice to see that there is now an active moderation team. It seemed before like it was the devs running around the forums having to do everything. And you've been doing a nice job so far!

-Steve-   

Zelyth I thank you!  There is much more that can be done along the right hand site of the forums in the SideBar.  Im looking into adding more things there in the very near future.  Your suggestion is one of those things that I hope to add.  In the meantime there is the button at the top right called "View New Content" that does show the current active stuff going on but I agree with you that having it show the active stuff in the sidebar is way better and easier.

XB0CT   

it would be nice to have any easy way to look at all of a users posts and threads without having to sift through every topic

-Steve-   

it would be nice to have any easy way to look at all of a users posts and threads without having to sift through every topic

Do you mean like player X?  You would like to see what that person and only that person has contributed?

MINTY   

Ummm How do I delete what I wrote? Is it possible or not? Because my internet lagged and I posed the same thing twice <facepalm> 

Nickbuc   

Glad to see some new team members, and one dedicated to the forums! Can't wait to see where we go from here!

-Steve-   

Ummm How do I delete what I wrote? Is it possible or not? Because my internet lagged and I posed the same thing twice <facepalm> 

There is no real way to do it except by a Moderator or someone with that permission set. 

-Steve-   

Im locking this thread now because I dont want answers to questions getting lost in here.

Please post a new thread with your question or whatever and this will help the SEARCH function work better and cut down the number of duplicate threads.

Thanks for your comments so far!!

Cheers,

Ray