I need help guys, i just bought the game and i want to set optimal settings, i have evrything on ultra and the game looks ugly as ****. Can YOU post your setting here? i want to set it up.

I'll be the first to say it!!! What are your specs??? With everything on ultra/epic it should look gorgeous 

I can help you but I have quite a high hourly fee. (results may vary) 

Please note that the game encompasses (that is a really good word) a huge playable area with a lot of detail so will never look the same as games played in smaller areas. Squad is in ALPHA, ie has not yet been released.

Also as Lee has implied, if you use more exclamation marks you could see improvements. (!!!!!!!)

i got nvidia laptop and most of the time i need to make sure my settings are matched up in Nvidia control panel and are actually using the graphics card; i also use the control panel to tweak some of the graphics settings

I play at 1440 and use TXAA, ambient occlusion On.  Squad doesn't look as crisp as Battlefield 1, but you'd wet your jammies if you knew the difference between what BF 1 cost to make and what Squad cost so far.  Assuming BF1 cost at least $100 million to make, OWI was initially hoping for $3 million to finish the game.  I'd imagine their budget is better than that now since Squad has sold reasonably. The game looks decent for its budget, and will only get better as its optimized and polished.  The fun factor is already there.

91J2sie.jpg
6uQcBHC.jpg

...also anisotropic filtering to 16x in nVidia control panel. There was a way to supersample the game's image using nVidia's DSR, but the devs seemed to lock it off in V8 for no reason. So, the only way to make the image clearer now, to my knowledge, is to either turn off AA and make it look like shit or to use the in-game super-sampling which in turn makes it run like shit.
You might also have some luck using SweetFX, although I didn't since V8.

3 hours ago, Peerun said:

91J2sie.jpg
6uQcBHC.jpg

...also anisotropic filtering to 16x in nVidia control panel. There was a way to supersample the game's image using nVidia's DSR, but the devs seemed to lock it off in V8 for no reason. So, the only way to make the image clearer now, to my knowledge, is to either turn off AA and make it look like shit or to use the in-game super-sampling which in turn makes it run like shit.
You might also have some luck using SweetFX, although I didn't since V8.

I can atest to the super-sampling running like shit, but man-o-man is it pretty. I get 100-120 frames with it off, and 40-50 with it at max (2x). Its a HUGE performance cost, but it helps more than anything else. 

For the record, because someone will ask: i5-6600k w/ no oc, GTX1080, the rest is rather irrelevant.

Also, if it ever get fixed (or is it working? I had issues with it), SweetFX to sharpen up the image.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

5 minutes ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

I can atest to the super-sampling running like shit, but man-o-man is it pretty. I get 100-120 frames with it off, and 40-50 with it at max (2x). Its a HUGE performance cost, but it helps more than anything else. 

For the record, because someone will ask: i5-6600k w/ no oc, GTX1080, the rest is rather irrelevant.

Also, if it ever get fixed (or is it working? I had issues with it), SweetFX to sharpen up the image.

You need to run it with OpenGL instead of DirectX.