Sign in to follow this  
Rainmaker

Squad-to-squad Radio not working

I have this problem that came with V8 update (amazing stuff), I can't hear squad to squad radio anymore, but other squad leaders can hear me apparently. I tried putting audio settings to low and I tried clearing game cache aswell. I am running out of options so I decided to post here for help.

I will be leading a pretty huge group of people (100+) on the event called Squad Frontlines, and this is a huge problem.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this? Maybe how to restart mumble if that will work?

Cheers, 
Rain

On 11/5/2016 at 0:26 AM, invisible.nin/SINE said:

The Appdata Folder doesn't get deleted upon reinstall/verifying cache through STEAM.
You can find the Appdata Folder at this location: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad

To open it directly, press your [Windows] key and [R] at the same time, then copy-paste the above path location, before hitting [Enter].

Delete the "Saved" folder inside of it and then start the game.

Edited by suds
rename the folder instead, you will lose your settings, test, if it works redo you settings, if not you can just swap back to the original

Hey suds, thanks for that mate, I deleted the whole file but it did not help. It just reset my whole settings and thats it, I tried putting audio on low and radio beeps and filter on off after that. Nothing helped...

The squad radio also does not work if I have radio filter and squad radio beeps turned on. It does not fix commander radio though when I turn the beeps options off in the settings. It might be a clue to something...

Still not working...

I can not hear red channel when I am using 5.1 surround sound.

Can you make red channel to come out on front speakers aswell? I think that is the problem.

Edited by Rainmaker

In stereo I can hear it.

But theres no point to use stereo with my 5.1 surround system. With 5.1 I can pinpoint the sound of each gun fire very accurately and much more, it kills the enjoyment if I use stereo.

@Rainmaker I'm not a big techy guy so sorry if this sounds dumb or doesn't work:

1) Change keybind to radio chat (you never know?!)

2) Adjust volume (maybe a certain level will work?)

3) Promote someone to SL, then get promoted back to SL.

4) Disable steam overlay

5) Make sure you are not broadcasting (probably not, but still. disable this completely

6) Make sure you press "detect audio devices" to update your audio devices via steam.

7) backup squad to a different version

8) delete process via task manager and run as manager