-MG

3 hours after Free week-end started

1 minute ago, charliebrownau said:

How many hours till the FREE weekend starts ?

It is 8:00 AM QLD/AUSTRALIA  GMT+10 Friday 11/Nov/2016

I don't know dude, it should be already Free to play at this moment

I told a guy to stop team killing or you will be banned. "it's free weekend I'll do what I want" was the answer lol.

I'll be back Monday I guess.

You're lucky, I had a group doing on spawn, didn't live long enough to identify who they were. I wish they will implement something so you can know who killed you. I personally like it in general. You get to learn who the good players are, so you can challenge yourself/join their squad. I learned my lesson, and quite that server then joined the server BlueDrake42 was on. 

Might be a good idea to add that to the game

displayed in console screen

X killed X

X team killed X

or at least record it server side so the admins have a list of what happened

47 minutes ago, TumanWK said:

You're lucky, I had a group doing on spawn, didn't live long enough to identify who they were. I wish they will implement something so you can know who killed you. I personally like it in general. You get to learn who the good players are, so you can challenge yourself/join their squad. I learned my lesson, and quite that server then joined the server BlueDrake42 was on. 

I've been advocating that we needed a TK solution for client side before free weekend... oh well..

I've been asking for it since Squad leaders (backers) were able to join.

Edited by TumanWK

So far im pretty surprised by the new players testing squad.

A lot of them had mic's and were actually willing to follow orders, cooperate and most importantly learn!

I enjoy giving them some help and see how they are doing ^^. Met several guys who told me they would buy the game.

They will make a fine addition to the squad community.

Cant wait for the next couple days!

Edited by LoneWolf

21 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

I've been advocating that we needed a TK solution for client side before free weekend... oh well..

We have it in PR, no kill feed unless its a TK, then it shows in top left who killed who.

I fully agree, there needs to be some auto temp-ban feature, maybe something like 5+ tks writhing a certain amount of time equals a 3 hour ban or something similar. I haven't played this weekend yet but I've heard plenty of horror stories from those who have so far.

I've had the opposite experience that I expected. Everyone around me ingame is saying "oh wow, ___ is really cool!" and I am leading new guys all the time.

They've all apologized that they didn't know anything ingame and were happy to learn. That's been like, five different squads now, they all try to get in the squad the next round because they're enjoying the game so much.

1 hour ago, TumanWK said:

i've had a couple issues with tk'ing, on one i hunted down the squad responsible and wiped them xD...

as far as the free play i just played a game where it was all new guys and like the guy above said they were surprisingly attentive and responsive, one of my best squad lead experiences as far as cooperation with members was concerned.  Even tho we lost the match, I was quite pleased with the experience and we performed pretty well too

29 minutes ago, Artfu1D0dger said:

i've had a couple issues with tk'ing, on one i hunted down the squad responsible and wiped them xD...

as far as the free play i just played a game where it was all new guys and like the guy above said they were surprisingly attentive and responsive, one of my best squad lead experiences as far as cooperation with members was concerned.  Even tho we lost the match, I was quite pleased with the experience and we performed pretty well too

I wish I was that good. :D

Yes, some new members are great and willing to learn/follow orders. I enjoy assisting new players that ask questions and want to learn, especially if they want to be Squad Leader.

I hate it when I ask a legit question and you get the, "If you don't know how to use, then you shouldn't be using/playing!" answer.

Edited by TumanWK
typo

Honestly, I've had a great experience so far today. Played three matches and they all went well. Just two idiots tk'ing one time and they got kicked real quick. Otherwise these noobs are not so bad :D

7 hours ago, TumanWK said:

I wish they will implement something so you can know who killed you.

We have that on our server, so apparently it's possible to turn it on as a server owner.
edit: might be only admins see it, not sure

Edited by Peerun

Played my first 6 hours in the free weekend (not counting <2 hours months ago which resulted in a Steam refund). This weekend I only met outstanding people willing to play as a team, including many players who were also new to the game. Had some awesome battles, great logistics runs and 'boring' defending jobs but nobody complained, everyone following the SL's orders and sticking with the team in all those games.

'Nuff said, just bought it (again) :D

I actually had one of my best rounds last night, ran medic in a squad full of freebies (including the SL) who I gave tips for. We did great, taking a BTR to cache locations and dismounting when we got close so we could advance behind the BTR. They're were saying how f*cking cool the game was and that they would buy it.

On 11/11/2016 at 6:22 PM, TumanWK said:

On 11/11/2016 at 6:35 PM, charliebrownau said:

Might be a good idea to add that to the game

displayed in console screen

X killed X

X team killed X

or at least record it server side so the admins have a list of what happened

Admins do get a feed for teamkills and suicides.

On November 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM, LoneWolf said:

So far im pretty surprised by the new players testing squad.

A lot of them had mic's and were actually willing to follow orders, cooperate and most importantly learn!

I enjoy giving them some help and see how they are doing ^^. Met several guys who told me they would buy the game.

They will make a fine addition to the squad community.

Cant wait for the next couple days!

I always watched squad videos on YouTube. This weekend I was able to finally played. While my English is not  good I improvised a mic with my phone headset and had a blast.

Yesterday I bought the game thanks mostly for those players who do their role. Medic heal me. Leaders give orders and squad follow. Sound very simple but is so weird to find a community that does this. 

I think I only killed 3 guys at most the whole weekend but had an amazing time. I'm still finding hard to spot enemies. So for now I'm just sticking to my squad and try to work as medic. 

I'm looking now some players to play with regularly. 

Thats a nice post. I think that community is happy when sombody else find a way theer and is happy with us. 

see you at field buddy and have a lots of fun. 

While we all deplore asshats who grief main, bear in mind that there are a couple of things about how the UI works that makes it real easy for a new player to *accidentally* fire their weapon  unexpectedly.  I've done them both.

First is the spawn itself.  If you double click the spawn dot on the map, chances are you're going to fire a shot from your weapon as you spawn.  (Solution: 1 second timer on trigger on spawn)  I did this a few times and actually hit somebody once.  I've noticed other players do it from time to time.  Shot fired, then off they go.  I've learned to use the ENTER key for all spawns.

Second is the selection UI.  If you don't select something right away, it fades away and it is *very* easy to click on something as it's fading, only to have your weapon fire.  I actually dropped a 203 round on main one match because of this.  It was my first time with a 203.  I had a little trouble selecting it, then was trying to select back to my primary and wound up blowing up some dirt.  I didn't actually hurt anybody but I sure got a "warm" response in the form of friendly fire.

This second problem really needs to be addressed.  I *still* fire my weapon occasionally while trying to select something.  If you scroll to bring up the selection menu and then delay at all, it starts to fade and your weapon actually becomes active as the menu is fading.  My most recent incident involved scrolling, getting shot at, moving a little bit and then clicking on the bandage.  But, my weapon fired instead.  Just that bit of delay between scrolling and clicking while I moved in response to fire was enough to cause my click to fire instead of select.

This is not a "getgud" situation.  This is a "fixbug" situation.  If the menu is up, clicking should either select something or not do anything at all.  It should *not* autoclose on a timer.  Right now, if you don't select something right away, it starts to fade and there is about one second window where items are still visible but not selectable where clicking fires your weapon.  The common implementation for a scroll menu is to stay up until the player either selects or escapes out.  the weapon is not active while the menu is up.  There should be zero ambiguity about what a click does.  "Hurry up and click before it fades or you might fire instead' is a very poor design.

I harp on this because I've played a few matches now and it's still a problem for me and I'm a little worried about getting a ban for headshotting somebody while I'm trying to select something in the heat of battle.  (like a bandage to try and heal them) 

So, let's please keep in mind that griefing sucks and griefers should be strung up by their balls and caned to death but accidents do happen and there are at least two ways for new players to find themselves firing their weapon unexpectedly.