CMBelite-FR

upgrading monitor 1080p to 1440p: need advices.

Hi guys,

I've been using a very basic ( shi**y to say the least lol) 24'' 1080p monitor for 6 years and it i think its a waste to use a such monitor when you have a 980ti and 4790k.

I think for now 4k monitor is a no go for gaming as you'd need at least a titan pascal X to get 60 FPS @4K and all monitor max rate is stuck at 60.

So i think that 1440p is the best bet. As this is a long term investment, i'm looking for a high end 1440p GSYNC monitor but i'm currently hesitating between 3 monitors:

1) https://www.asus.com/fr/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

2) http://www.trustedreviews.com/acer-predator-xb271hu-review

3) https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2703-gs/

i didn't heard about the last one's brand and it's prettty new as it was released like Q4 2016.

I wondering which one will of those 3, will give the best quality screen and reliability

In advance thanks

Hi,

I got the AOC Agon 271QG and I'm really satisfied with it. I stumbled across alot of reviews and was reading through forums for the last 3 months to make sure I make the right decision. 

http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/ag271qg

It basically got the same specs as the PG279Q and the xb271hu.

Don't know much about the viewsonic though.

Currently I'm playing on a Gtx970 and a Xeon E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30 GHz.

I can tell: 1440p is the perfect sweetspot between performance and picture quality. Compared with an IPS panel and Gsync is a very good choice!

Definitely read the TFT reviews. I really enjoy my Dell S2716DG. 2560x1440 with GSYNC. It's basically the same TN panel as the ROG Swift, but with the Dell seal of approval.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm

It's great for gaming. The TN panel lets it down for things like photo work, but I got it for gaming. I've been happy with it now for over a year. My next monitor will be 4K, 30+ inches, and high refresh rate.

I am using a 4k monitor (Westinghouse 43") w a 980ti and its an awesome experience with every game. So...just saying....

B|

Los

Edited by Los18z

Would it be the same experience to set a 1440p resolution on a 4K 27" monitor as a real 1440p 27" monitor?

I would like to buy a 4K monitor but for now set it on 1440p to get 60+ fps and later if i got my new pc set it to 4K.

Or should i buy the 1440p monitor to get best experience for now?

Setting a monitor to a resolution other then the native one will look really bad. So 1440p on a 4k monitor will look alot worse then 1440p on a 1440p monitor.

I have the Asus ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q and love it. Colors are great, low input lag, and G-sync is fantastic. If you want a gaming monitor with 16:9, then it is the best one you can get atm.

5 hours ago, Bad Ash said:

Setting a monitor to a resolution other then the native one will look really bad. So 1440p on a 4k monitor will look alot worse then 1440p on a 1440p monitor.

I have the Asus ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q and love it. Colors are great, low input lag, and G-sync is fantastic. If you want a gaming monitor with 16:9, then it is the best one you can get atm.

Thank you

I am thinking to buy this one then: BENQ XL2730Z or ASUS MG278Q both are 2K - 27 inch - 144hz

Edited by M.I.K.E.

Go balls to the wall and get the X34a so you can drive with your map open )

3440x1440 is the way forward, sell a kidney or wife or something if needed.

Acer X34, i even like looking at it when it's off.

Edited by GonzoPR

Love  my lg 34um95. the 3440 x 1440 is a joy. Used to the a triple monitor setup but think the 34" is a sweet spot. 

I got this and have always been super happy with iiyama displays build quality, performance and value.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/iiyama-prolite-b2783qsu-led-backlit-lcd-27-monitor-b2783qsub1/version.asp?refsource=Ldadwords&gclid=CNrEr-3S0tACFZEy0wodc4ECZA

It overclocks to 70Hz easy and has 1ms response time.

Great bang for ya bucks!

Edited by Shoshin

On 11/13/2016 at 4:37 PM, M.I.K.E. said:

Thank you

I am thinking to buy this one then: BENQ XL2730Z or ASUS MG278Q both are 2K - 27 inch - 144hz

I had the same dilema a few months ago and went with BenQ. I owned a 24" 1080p BenQ before (XL2420G) and noticed a big step-up up with the new monitor. The stand is smaller and sticks out less, the colours are clearly richer and very very close to an actual IPS display, it has more settings to choose from without having to use additional software and of course 1440p and bigger size is great.

I chose it over the Asus because purely for gaming BenQ simply has better, more advanced features. Black equalizer is far superior to other solutions (only lights up dark spots, not the whole scene) and BenQ blur reduction is the best balance between low motion blur and high brightness.

If you haven't already you should really check out TFT Central's review. In the end you can't make a bad choice here, Asus one is also very good.

On 11/8/2016 at 3:37 AM, CMBelite-FR said:

Hi guys,

I've been using a very basic ( shi**y to say the least lol) 24'' 1080p monitor for 6 years and it i think its a waste to use a such monitor when you have a 980ti and 4790k.

I think for now 4k monitor is a no go for gaming as you'd need at least a titan pascal X to get 60 FPS @4K and all monitor max rate is stuck at 60.

So i think that 1440p is the best bet. As this is a long term investment, i'm looking for a high end 1440p GSYNC monitor but i'm currently hesitating between 3 monitors:

1) https://www.asus.com/fr/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

2) http://www.trustedreviews.com/acer-predator-xb271hu-review

3) https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2703-gs/

i didn't heard about the last one's brand and it's prettty new as it was released like Q4 2016.

I wondering which one will of those 3, will give the best quality screen and reliability

In advance thanks

Hi, 

I suggest you go for ASUS PB278Q. This monitor is design for work as well as gaming. It comes with WQHD resolution. So, you can get extra space for multitasking. You can also see infographic.

On 11/8/2016 at 3:37 AM, CMBelite-FR said:

I went with BenQ BL2710PT 27" which is IPS and I can overclock up from 60Hz to 72Hz

The jump from 1080p to 1440p was a massive improvement and I could see a lot further in SQUAD. Previously the little blocky pixels on the hilltops, are they bushes or enemy?! You will love the transition and clarity it brings.

I'm using GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X and getting anywhere between 50-95 FPS on Ultra. Depends on the map, the player count and the smoke!

2 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

I went with BenQ BL2710PT 27" which is IPS and I can overclock up from 60Hz to 72Hz

The jump from 1080p to 1440p was a massive improvement and I could see a lot further in SQUAD. Previously the little blocky pixels on the hilltops, are they bushes or enemy?! You will love the transition and clarity it brings.

I'm using GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X and getting anywhere between 50-95 FPS on Ultra. Depends on the map, the player count and the smoke!

Are you a designer or why did you choose that monitor over a gayming one?

16 hours ago, banOkay said:

Are you a designer or why did you choose that monitor over a gayming one?

Initially I had 4 monitors, gave 2 away to my partner when I gave her my spare PC. So then I was down to 2. I sold them off and still liked to have the screen real estate and why I chose 27". I love it!

Secondly, the cost as this was £330 and to get G-Sync would have slapped on another £100.

I chose IPS over TN and I knew at 1440p, not that many games will get 100 FPS on a GTX 1070. So for my personal choice, I went for 1440p at slightly higher refresh rate at 72Hz. I'm very happy with this.

Edited by Mad Ani

all I want for Christmas is a 2K, 32 inch, 1ms response, 144hz screen..............................................