Chuc

Steam Free Weekend & Sale

I am really pulling my hair out since my pc died on me last week, and i reaaally wanted to squadlead this weekend! ohh well, just got to catch up the slack in january when all the other SLs are burnt out by the newbies :D

1 hour ago, MAMAD said:

برشکست شدین xD

1 hour ago, MAMAD said:

Bankruptcy xD

why are you hiding behind persian language?

reminder:

Spoiler

http://forums.joinsquad.com/announcement/11-forum-rules/

§6 Language & Legibility
Please post only in English. Non-English content (including non-legible content) may be removed. If you see someone posting in another language because s/he apparently does not speak English, please report their post - if you can, you may reply in their language to explain their question, but please do translate their and your message so it can be reviewed by the Moderation. ‘Hiding’ insults in non-English posts will be punished harshly. Posts written largely in ‘leetspeak’ or full of spelling / grammatical errors may be treated like non-English content. This rule does not extend to PMs.

1 hour ago, Zeno965 said:

I am really pulling my hair out since my pc died on me last week, and i reaaally wanted to squadlead this weekend! ohh well, just got to catch up the slack in january when all the other SLs are burnt out by the newbies :D

O damn i am dreading that day as well :/

6 hours ago, MesaBoogie said:

Already doing 50% off??? Just wow.....

most game on average do it after about 6 months.. we are almost a year here actually. :)

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

most game on average do it after about 6 months.. we are almost a year here actually. :)

If you don't mind me asking, is it more about increasing the playerbase or like the early access thing after kickstarter, is it monetarily motivated (more sales = more cash on hand = more tools/developers can be paid for)? Obviously it's a nice incentive to the free weekend players to jump on the purchase quickly because they know it will (by their perspective) double in price after the Monday, but I heard about a year ago that the high price was a purposeful decision to create a high barrier to entry to griefers and hackers... but that was a long time ago and may have just been conjecture by the community, not a dev quote. 

2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

If you don't mind me asking, is it more about increasing the playerbase or like the early access thing after kickstarter, is it monetarily motivated (more sales = more cash on hand = more tools/developers can be paid for)? Obviously it's a nice incentive to the free weekend players to jump on the purchase quickly because they know it will (by their perspective) double in price after the Monday, but I heard about a year ago that the high price was a purposeful decision to create a high barrier to entry to griefers and hackers... but that was a long time ago and may have just been conjecture by the community, not a dev quote. 

Mostly about us being ready to welcome more people into the game. The price has served us well.. we are financially stable and we have a very very solid core of community and friends we can rely on for testing and fine tuning the game. This is more like the beginning of our transition into a new phase with much more emphasis on selling the game and building a longer term future for squad and owi. We would love to continue building on this game for years and this is the next step in making that a reality. 

no mistake.. their will be griefers and hackers.. but there will be many more very good players who will quickly become strong members of the community now that we have the core community to help them integrate into the game. 

10 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

... We would love to continue building on this game for years and this is the next step in making that a reality. ...

Thanks for the answer, it's nice to feel like we have a finger on the pulse as well :) 

10 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

We would love to continue building on this game for years and this is the next step in making that a reality. 

That's great to hear! I remember reading a while ago that the original plan was to work on Squad for about 2 years(had me a little worried), which meant there would only be one year of development left right now. Great to know you guys want to work on Squad for years to come!

On 11/7/2016 at 0:14 AM, DeVotie said:

Sweet mother of Christ. No one can prepare for the onslaught of noobs that is about to hit us.

xD Exactly

I'll be back once the dust settles

Im gonna huff and puff until Teamwork starts off...maybe also swap ID to the Annoying Thing ...bwaaahaahaaa

I am all for the free weekend but I think the 50% is to much, right now.

Tempt em with a taster and they will pay full price, save the 50% off for full release.

Either way, the games getting great and good luck to OWI!

11 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Mostly about us being ready to welcome more people into the game. The price has served us well.. we are financially stable and we have a very very solid core of community and friends we can rely on for testing and fine tuning the game. This is more like the beginning of our transition into a new phase with much more emphasis on selling the game and building a longer term future for squad and owi. We would love to continue building on this game for years and this is the next step in making that a reality. 

no mistake.. their will be griefers and hackers.. but there will be many more very good players who will quickly become strong members of the community now that we have the core community to help them integrate into the game. 

That's great to hear! I'm confident that this will manifest itself in converted players after the weekend ends. I'll be putting some time in and doing my best to showcase the game as intended...well...at least as far as my skills allow!

On 11/8/2016 at 11:53 AM, LugNut said:

xD Exactly

I'll be back once the dust settles

You don't want to atleast witness the chaos? :P

I think I'll try doing some cat herding during the weekend.

Nah, I've done that with other games, I don't have the patience to deal with all the idiots who dgaf and are just there to screw around. The percentage of players who actually get it and buy into any game is small. You get what you pay for with a free weekend.

2 minutes ago, LookAss said:

Not working in Argentina. Any ideas?

"We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.6 hotfix release. This is planned as the last hotfix before the free weekend begins! For those curious, the free weekend will begin at 6PM GMT Thursday."

30 minutes boys!