Chuc

Steam Free Weekend & Sale

93 posts in this topic
freeweekend_ad_4.jpg

Hi Squaddies,

Enjoying Alpha 8 so far? As announced last week, to celebrate the release and our upcoming charity event with Stack-Up Squad be running its first ever Steam free weekend!

In addition to our Free weekend Squad will also be on sale for its lowest price to date!

We hope our friends and fans can see this as a great opportunity to bring some of their more risk averse friends into the Squad family and we as developers are treating this as an opportunity to get out there in the wilds and experience the game through fresh sets of eyes. We will be out in the community, on the servers and in the stream chat, getting to know you guys, listening and having a good amount of fun as well.

Free Weekend

From Thursday November 10th at 10AM PST (6pm GMT) to Sunday November 13th at 1PM PST (9pm GMT), Squad will be free on steam and we promise there will be a stack of surprises on the horizon. If you look closely and pay attention, you might just spot a few things already hiding in plain sight.

We're prepared for the influx of brand new players with our partners BluefangMultiplayFragnet, and Pingperfect, who will have more than enough servers ready. Now you need to prepare too - this weekend is going to be one of the craziest for the Squad community.

Please join us in welcoming the new players and helping people through their first grunt level deployment to the Squad battlefield. For the community, this weekend will mean continued growth and vitality of the player base and an injection of new faces and ideas.

steamsale_1.jpg

Steam Sale

In conjunction with our free weekend, Squad will also be on sale! From Thursday November 10th at 10AM PST (5pm GMT) to Monday November 14th at 10 AM PST (5pm GMT), Squad will be 50% off on Steam. If you've been waiting to buy the game or trying to persuade friends to get it, there will be no better chance than now.

Its going to be quite a busy weekend!

So strap on your helmet, warm up your microphone, shine your shovel, and fire up Steam!

Offworld Out.

Will be there a South East Asia server? We really struggle to play on Murica and europe server. Because the latency is around 150-250 ping

8 minutes ago, Kalasnikov47 said:

Will be there a South East Asia server? We really struggle to play on Murica and europe server. Because the latency is around 150-250 ping

there is multiple Australian/NZ servers have a look would be better pings from them one would assume.

1 minute ago, Bigsmokeee said:

there is multiple Australian/NZ servers have a look would be better pings from them one would assume.

I dont know why, but i get higher ping on AUS/NZ rather than Murica/europe (thunderdome and UK server).

I play the game from Indonesia, we used to have Indonesia server in V6. We close it until V1.0 because rare players and heavy performance squad. :(

It looks like we are getting free look according to the comment about surprises being right infront of us and the picture of the guy running one way while shooting another! Is that in this 675MB patch I'm downloading at the moment?

Edit: Also looks like ACOGs will have a red dot on top for close combat.

Edited by Thr34t

2 hours ago, Thr34t said:

It looks like we are getting free look according to the comment about surprises being right infront of us and the picture of the guy running one way while shooting another! Is that in this 675MB patch I'm downloading at the moment?

Edit: Also looks like ACOGs will have a red dot on top for close combat.

also one thing i've noticed on a couple of those new screens is possible hints of flares.. red for Russian white/yellow for US ? dunno might just be me over thinking some of the lighting in them haha

ss_1261a0141e724bd7efafbd33b1e23344fbc95

ss_4266ea37c9e943f6226a2e6e3c37031de0aca

ss_52faead5e6bafb245f97e8919d607af0f591d

Edited by Bigsmokeee

BRRRRAAAAAACCCEEEE!!!

5 hours ago, DeVotie said:

Sweet mother of Christ. No one can prepare for the onslaught of noobs that is about to hit us.

The bodies will block out the sun.

Currently AUD$52   (USD$40)  on AU Steam store ,

free weekend plus game for AUD$26 (USD$20)

could get a lot of people interested since arma 3

is so laggy, UE4 crowd funded games seem to work really well

What a weekend for tactical shooters , we have

free weekend for squad and Project Argo announced

All we need now is a free weekend for Ground Branch

7 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

Time to lead the new guys and show them how this game is meant to be played!

Not trying to be negative here, but that's going to be interesting seeing as most of the current player-base doesn't even know how the game is "meant to be played". :P

I hope the newbies get a good first experience.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the increased amount of players, and I'll try to lead a few squads myself over the coming weekend!

1 hour ago, DonDOOM said:

Not trying to be negative here, but that's going to be interesting seeing as most of the current player-base doesn't even know how the game is "meant to be played". :P

I hope the newbies get a good first experience.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the increased amount of players, and I'll try to lead a few squads myself over the coming weekend!

Yet since v.8 the amount of players / full servers is amazing

My hope is to convince a few friends who are on the fence (annoyingly) to give it a try, and show them how co-ordinated things can be.

I'm a relatively new player myself and I've had such a blast on my own just fitting into groups and trying to fulfill my role. I even got SL thrusted upon me last night and had a good time figuring it all out.

Sure, there'll be an influx of fresh meat, but we were all there once (I'm kinda still there...) and a bunch will play for free and disappear, but those who buy in will be here to stay!