SkyNex0

Sniper suggestion, deployable items

Ok so I just and idea which feels kinda smart and easy to implent but should be VEEEERY low prioritzed.

I watched the movie "American Sniper" the other day and when I took a shower now I realized someting that would be great for the snipers in the game.

There is a scene in the movie when he moves an empty metal barrel of somekinde on the roof to set his rifle at a good height above the edge around the roof.

So I was thinkin that sniper kits should have 3 different deployables, and the roof edge should be the same on all roofs (well 3 different heighets or so. 

so first edge on a small building could be like 20cm(?? inch) and then you have a deploy that looks like a bag which you usally have on your back or waist. then it could be like 50cm(?? inch) where you would mostly find something on a roof to use as a stand for you. 

Like here is an example of the "edge" Im talking about: http://clayhughes.com/images/Clay_on_roof_of_Sheraton_overlooking_Tigris_River.JPG

Ah well, my english isnt great when it comes to explaining things :P.

20cm = deploy backpack on ground to raise the rifle above the edge and still lay down

50cm = Deploy something that makes you able to lay down but in the middle of the roof and still see above the edge. edged barrel maybe?

Other hieght = deploy somthing that makes you able to lay down but in the middle of the roof and still see above the edge

Scenes from American Sniper

Using backpack to raise the rifle : 

Using the barrel thing to raise the rifle : 

So, an Adjustable stand or something thereof? Using sandbags and other common objects to make the job of a sniper an easier and more steady task?

I like the idea, although I feel it could be execeuted more efficiently, but I can't think of how.

Besides the backpack idea, which I think is great. Why don't we just say that the implementation should be that we be able to deploy bipod and mount any gun with a bipod on any feasible platform we find. Whether that be the backpack, a metal barrel, a table. So on and so forth.

Currently in RO, the metric sights are kind of rare to use. They're toggleable and a great option but just extremely un-necessary when you can lead or guesstimate.

Similar to the distance sights in RO, I think too many options is useless. My suggestion, weapon resting! Low priority but pretty cool  B)

yeah something, so we dont have to stand straight up on the rooftops to see over the edge and then get shot at or suppressed at directly you pop your head up :)

Well OuTCoMe, ofc if you stand close to something it should "lean/lock" onto that. which I think the developers did mention in some post? :).

The reason Im bring it up is coz, like I more likely would wanna be 1-2 meters in on the roof so Im not on the edge but still see above it when I lay down. ah well you get the picture :)

Aanon, either you totally missunderstod the suggestion, have very poor english. or I have very poor english and dont understand what you mean? :)

This dosnt have anything to do with the sights of the gun or the metric system in that way :)

Not sure if it's the same for you US type folk but our sniper/marksmen on patrol were not made to carry anything apart from their plate carrier and chest rig/webbing.

You could always request your SL to lay down some sandbags for you and fire supported from that. I would love to see a system of weapon resting/bipods from Arma 3 though :)

I would love to see a system of weapon resting/bipods from Arma 3 though :)

It's a good system that work's consistently throughout the environment, would be amazing if they could make a similar system for Squad. Also hoping they take a leaf out of their book with firing out of vehicle's as-well.

Certainly is a good feature. We only waited over 10 years for it :)

Wait for the regular A3 haters to jump on this because pressing they C key to deploy a bipod is too much for them to comprehend.

Melbo please, I already have enoug trouble keeping up with W,A,S,D don't make my life a suffering!

Wait for the regular A3 haters to jump on this because pressing they C key to deploy a bipod is too much for them to comprehend.

i believe SgtRoss mentioned in another thread they were looking into the 'soft lock' (snapping to cover to use as a gun rest) from BF4 rather than ArmA 3's weapon resting.

I prefer A3's bipod/weapon rest system greatly over the automatic snapping BF4 uses, more times than less it happens at the only time you done want it to. Pressing "c" in A3 is second nature after a little use and there "object rest detection" is smooth as silk. 

I prefer A3's bipod/weapon rest system greatly over the automatic snapping BF4 uses, more times than less it happens at the only time you done want it to. Pressing "c" in A3 is second nature after a little use and there "object rest detection" is smooth as silk.

id say i prefer ArmAs resting as well, but i wouldnt go as far as saying its resting detection is as smooth as silk, lol

id say i prefer ArmAs resting as well, but i wouldnt go as far as saying its resting detection is as smooth as silk, lol

Yeah that might have been a little generous lol.  :rolleyes:

But that's my crouch key!?!??? :)

I rather then just the locking of weapons on to terrain (barrels,walls,rocks, what ever you can rest on for better stability) i think it should be a barrel awareness type of thing where if you ads there should be a to raise you self or your weapon barrel above a wall that may be 1-2 metres ahead of you, so you don't have to skyline/silhouette yourself. Cause you see it time and time again sniper/marksman and sharpshooters in movies (yeah i know movies arent super realistic but every now and then they get it right) don't like to have there barrel sticking out of a building just so you know not hitting the shitty little ledge right in front of you.