ErDanese

SUGGESTION: V8 new compass idea

I've seen the changelog on joinsquad.com and i had an idea for the compass.
Played a little bit with illustrator and photoshop trying to give a "surrounding" effect to the compass. I think that it would help the immersion and situation awareness and also helping those who would like to have a sort of minimap of your mates without using an actual minimap.

t7YerNR.jpg

first time using illustrator 

it's just the idea. It's just that i think a flat compass never gives you the 360 degrees feeling.

I like the flat compass more, but place the precise direction (the one in the middle) on top of the compass. Many times it's just blends to other compass numbers and it's hard to tell the  exact direction.

Edited by Maamyyra

As much as I like the look of a curved compass and the feeling it gives when panning it takes up to much of my line of sight and breaks the feeling of actually being on a battlefield. Flat is better for Squad but curved works really well in games like Halo where you actually have a projected HUD on a visor.

I like it...to alleviate those people who think it takes up too much screen....why not have it toggable to a transparency or on and off button or for the different types of compass?

Btw they need to emphasize the cardinal directions on the V8 compass way more. They're the same size as the numbers and barely bolded.

In the last two days i had the chance to play more but there a huge player base that, when told to look at 176 they answer "what a f..k if 176" you tell then look at the compass and they say "where?"

It's for that i thought about it.

It's because it sticks with you prospective or turning your head to look, and that turn with you. You get a higher feeling of 360°