Hoxt

[Solved] Server closed connection

I'm still trying to figure it out with the devs, sorry for the delay.
we have a bunch of people with this issue so it is something we are actively working on.

and yes, I do work for the studio :P

I have the same issue only for me it can take from 5 to 15/20 min in game i can play almost the whole game and then get disconnected and i don't see any problem i get a nice 36 ping and i have good hardware a 70 fps smooth and all and still get the problem i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling also i have found that deleting the %localappdata% did a nice job at preventing it for a few games but then the bug came back so i am waiting for you guys to find a fix for us and please do it fast :( 

Ok I just sent my logs to OWI support ([email protected]), hoping this issue is resolved until this weekend, as 24h ago UE 4.14 was released (lol not even updated yet on the UE4 main page! :D only in forum), with several changes in networking (and new features "Contact Shadows, Automatic LOD Generation, Live GPU Profiler, Fast Asynchronous Loading System (experimental) and Improved Support for Vehicles " don't even know which built Squad is running, but I logic dictates it is 4.13 lol sry Tuvok): https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?128759-4-14-Released!

Here the networking changes (hope that one of them fixes this issue?)

Spoiler

Networking

• New: World Origin rebasing has been added as an experimental feature!

• This means that the World Origin can be different on both the client and the server.

• This feature will continue to be improved over the next releases.

• Bugfix: Fixed a crash that could occur with FCurlHttpRequest’s “Debug Callback”.

• Bugfix: Fixed an assert that could occur when playing back a replay that was recorded on a client that uses torn-off actors.

• Bugfix: Fixed an assert in channel cleanup code that could occur if the connection was cleaned up and there were “Keep Processing Actor Channel Bunches Map” in-flight still.

• Bugfix: Fixed an issue where gameplay tags will work better with backwards compatibility in replays.

• Bugfix: Fixed various issues with remapping objects that lose/gain relevancy.

• Bugfix: Fixed an issue with replays that could cause scrubbing to a specific time to go to the wrong time.

• Bugfix: Fixed an issue that could cause memory-constrained platforms (such as consoles) to run out of memory when scrubbing in replays in rapid succession.

• Bugfix: Fixed an issue where replicated references that would remain null indefinitely due to becoming non relevant, and then becoming relevant again

• Disable hot reloading when using single process MP PIE. This fixes some conflicts that can otherwise occur.

• Don't strip map/package name from commandline on shipping config on dedicated server in the Game Instance’s “Start Game Instance”. Don’t ever parse “-replay” on dedicated servers. This enables specifying map name on servers via commandline.

• We no longer record dormant actors in replays for better performance

Edited by DanielNL

Issue seems fixed!!! Caused by EAC we found out! Thx to Odin! Should be fixed within the next days (I hope).

On 11/15/2016 at 4:09 PM, DanielNL said:

Issue seems fixed!!! Caused by EAC we found out! Thx to Odin! Should be fixed within the next days (I hope).

So when is this going to be fixed? I'm tempted to ask for a refund I haven't been able to play a single second since the free weekend which made me buy the game. If there is a workaround let me know because I see other people are able to play without problems.

No workaround YET. But I hope for a Squad patch today or tomorrow afternoon... (It's a problem from EAC, so that company has to fix sth too, or maybe we're only waiting for a server side EAC fix...) Don't ask for a refund YET, give them a few more days. After all EAC is a complex system.

Same issue, had it after the hot-fixes after v8, but if I remember correctly I deleted Squad appdata and reinstalled EAC, then after restarting computer it fixed it and I played during the free weekend. Now it's back and I think I'll just wait for a fix.

This is currently a bug with EAC. We are actively working to get a fix out as soon as we can. @DanielNL a steam update wouldn't have anything to do with fixing EAC. Just FYI.

Here's my fix:
Go into your steamlibrary folder
Go to common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat

Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, select Squad from the dropdown list and click on Uninstall.
Reboot your computer and run Squad again.
It'll show you the EAC installer for Squad. Click on Install Now.

This fixed it for me but I'm not sure this will work for others. Hopefully it does.

8 hours ago, Alexitaly92 said:

Here's my fix:
Go into your steamlibrary folder
Go to common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat

Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, select Squad from the dropdown list and click on Uninstall.
Reboot your computer and run Squad again.
It'll show you the EAC installer for Squad. Click on Install Now.

This fixed it for me but I'm not sure this will work for others. Hopefully it does.

didn't work for me

I get "EAC authentication timed out" now

...followed by server closed connection

Edited by Hoxt

1 hour ago, Hoxt said:

I get "EAC authentication timed out" now

...followed by server closed connection

My games worked fine till last night. Now getting EAC errors with my Reshade running!!?!??!!? What gives?!~?!<!<!<<!L!>!>!<

3 minutes ago, KilrPayne said:

My games worked fine till last night. Now getting EAC errors with my Reshade running!!?!??!!? What gives?!~?!<!<!<<!L!>!>!<

I think I saw a different topic with that reshade error...

this ▼

"anyone" ? Yes, me? You have to launch Squad through Steam currently though... -.- EAC error when launching through desktop shortcut...