This may not be required but I'm assuming that like PR flying will not be that simple, and nothing is worse than climbing into a chopper and having a noob pilot fly you into a hillside. At least if the is some for of training mode people can learn without messing up the game for other people. I know this is not a priority compared to core gameplay stuff but probably well worth it long term.

I cant recall which topic it was, but a little while ago the subject came up of having some sort of tutorial or 'showcases' of how kits/gamemodes/vehicles/etc work in game, to help people get acquainted with it before joining a server.

I think the dev response to that idea was fair, in terms of level of interest. Doubt itll be in anytime /soon/, but im sure you get the idea.

Well, I can guarantee it'll be better than Arma's flight model, that's for sure.

I love flying, so I hope Squad doesn't goof it.

I cant recall which topic it was, but a little while ago the subject came up of having some sort of tutorial or 'showcases' of how kits/gamemodes/vehicles/etc work in game, to help people get acquainted with it before joining a server.

I think the dev response to that idea was fair, in terms of level of interest. Doubt itll be in anytime /soon/, but im sure you get the idea.

Well i don't know what the Devs are planning 100%, but i think we can almost expect it in the future.  I mean, one of the %'s (i think it was at 400% over the initial kickstarter goal) was a "kill house" // training mode.

So, i think it's a good possibility we can see that in the future.  But that's just me putting 2 and 2 together.  #optimist 

Well i don't know what the Devs are planning 100%, but i think we can almost expect it in the future. I mean, one of the %'s (i think it was at 400% over the initial kickstarter goal) was a "kill house" // training mode.

So, i think it's a good possibility we can see that in the future. But that's just me putting 2 and 2 together. #optimist

basically this.

Well, I can guarantee it'll be better than Arma's flight model, that's for sure.

I love flying, so I hope Squad doesn't goof it.

I think Arma's fine , you even get two choices , RFM , & AFM . AFM takes practice , but if you want realism in a game , it's not arcade like Battlefield or a host of others .

I think there will be complaints though if it's made too realistic because Heli's aren't real easy to fly IRL , yet so many talk about wanting immersion . Damned if you do .......

I think pilots and people in them alike will be happy for whatever is implemented.  Flying tends to be different from game to game even to the point that the best from BF4 for example may fail terribly in this game.

I for one would much rather crash and burn offline over and coming to the determination that I cannot do this than killing my squad while trying to learn.  

As long as someone in the community sets up a map that has all the assets in it with firing ranges like the Armories in ARMA, I'll be happy. I'll be able to get plenty of flying time without killing anyone else. I'd prefer a flight model that is challenging and takes skill to master without it being over the top, I'm confident the devs will strike the right balance.

The helicopters were not planned for the stretch goal until..was it 1 million dollars? in which case we most likely have a long time to wait until they get implemented. Not to mention that the Dev's did say they were focusing on the infantry experience.

However like you I am looking forward to getting my hands on the helicopters :D 

The helicopters were not planned for the stretch goal until..was it 1 million dollars? in which case we most likely have a long time to wait until they get implemented. Not to mention that the Dev's did say they were focusing on the infantry experience.

However like you I am looking forward to getting my hands on the helicopters :D

Nay. Reaching the stretchgoals just speeds up the process of getting those things in-game exponentially. But yes you're right, it will take awhile for sure, but it's guaranteed to be there eventually.

For the love of...Squad, please don't make it a game that focuses only on infantry and only adds a couple vehicles to appease the vehicle fans. There can be an infantry only mode servers can run for those who are inf fans but for many of us vehicles are one of the most important and loved parts of warfare games. This game has so much potential to be even more epic than it already is and contain all the aspects of real world conflicts. Not including armor/aircraft would diminish the realism & immersion of the game & greatly narrow the number of gamers it appeals to. To the Dev Gods & all who have helped bring this game to life, thank you. We know it's still a work in progress but the fruits of your labor are amazing & greatly appreciated. Good on ya !

I'm hoping for an accurate flight model. It should be hard, since no regular should be able to hop into a chopper and fly away.

I'm hoping for an accurate flight model. It should be hard, since no regular should be able to hop into a chopper and fly away.

Don't get me wrong, i'm with you that it shouldn't be easy.  But at the same time, how hard do we as fans want the devs to make it?  I can personally say that from my PR play time, i was lucky enough to have someone teach me the way of flying.  I spent hours and hours of time on Co-op servers flying before i ever went into an actual game.  Even when i finally did, i did easy drop offs (at an Muttrah only server, pretty sure it was =HOG=)  Did that for a while before ever actually trying to do the more difficult pick up/drop off stuff.

Now going back to my point, i don't mind that it took me a while.  I thought it was great, but at the same time, we don't a game that will scare away anyone right?  I mean yes, challenge the people, make us actually work to be good at something.  I love the idea of that, but i don't want someone to join a game and be so out of their element, and not have enough people there to help guide them that they just think this game isn't for them and then poof, they're gone.

You know, maybe what we need, is people who during the Pre-Alpha and Alpha, or during EA (whenever a flying vehicle(s) get implemented into the game) we have people who volunteer time to teach people the in's and outs/ do's and don'ts.

Kinda like, Volunteer Flight School Instructors.  Or have someone on youtube do a introduction to flying series that can be posted on the site?

You know, maybe what we need, is people who during the Pre-Alpha and Alpha, or during EA (whenever a flying vehicle(s) get implemented into the game) we have people who volunteer time to teach people the in's and outs/ do's and don'ts.

Kinda like, Volunteer Flight School Instructors.  Or have someone on youtube do a introduction to flying series that can be posted on the site?

Jeeze, who let you in my brain? :P 

Totally agree. Piloting should be challenging and provide a role for someone that wants to do well. I'm an aircraft engineer and I play a fair bit of DCS World for the avionics interaction. That type of flight model will never work in Squad, however A3's flight model works well on large scale multiplayer pvp. Its easy to use, but still challenging to master.

For the love of...Squad, please don't make it a game that focuses only on infantry and only adds a couple vehicles to appease the vehicle fans. There can be an infantry only mode servers can run for those who are inf fans but for many of us vehicles are one of the most important and loved parts of warfare games. This game has so much potential to be even more epic than it already is and contain all the aspects of real world conflicts. Not including armor/aircraft would diminish the realism & immersion of the game & greatly narrow the number of gamers it appeals to. To the Dev Gods & all who have helped bring this game to life, thank you. We know it's still a work in progress but the fruits of your labor are amazing & greatly appreciated. Good on ya !

theyre not going to make an 'infantry only' focused game, theyve said from the very beginning that Squad is going to be a combined-arms experience.

edit: im not saying theyre not going to include INF only gamemodes or server options, im saying that the game indeed is going to be designed around combined-arms