Sign in to follow this  
electronicsharts

Server Browser quality-of-life (reserved slots)

As it stands, current server browser is cumbersome to most casual players who may not own reserved slots on servers. The process of having to see 64/72 players in a server, attempting to connect, waiting to load, then getting booted back to home menu only to refresh servers again adds a level of frustration/tedium that could be avoided.

I would suggest changing the client server browser so that it will show the number of reserved slots, and also have an option to prevent connection attempts for those who know they do not have reserved slots on any server. This would greatly reduce the amount of tries and time spent trying to connect to a well populated server with some ostensibly free slots.

Some context/about me: I would consider myself a casual player with some experience in military simulation games like Arma 3. At times I find I launch Squad and try for maybe 10 to 15 minutes to connect to well populated servers while catching up with email or other simple tasks. Some days I do not find a suitable server in that amount of time and end up doing other things (be it gaming or just non-computer related stuff). I do like the squad community, though, compared to a lot of other games. So when I don't play Squad I usually don't play anything else for that computer session.

19 hours ago, electronicsharts said:

As it stands, current server browser is cumbersome to most casual players who may not own reserved slots on servers. The process of having to see 64/72 players in a server, attempting to connect, waiting to load, then getting booted back to home menu only to refresh servers again adds a level of frustration/tedium that could be avoided.

I would suggest changing the client server browser so that it will show the number of reserved slots, and also have an option to prevent connection attempts for those who know they do not have reserved slots on any server. This would greatly reduce the amount of tries and time spent trying to connect to a well populated server with some ostensibly free slots.

Some context/about me: I would consider myself a casual player with some experience in military simulation games like Arma 3. At times I find I launch Squad and try for maybe 10 to 15 minutes to connect to well populated servers while catching up with email or other simple tasks. Some days I do not find a suitable server in that amount of time and end up doing other things (be it gaming or just non-computer related stuff). I do like the squad community, though, compared to a lot of other games. So when I don't play Squad I usually don't play anything else for that computer session.

It used to show the number of reserved slots in a set of parenthesis (ie. 68/72 (4)). Must have gotten removed in the cleanup of the server browser, I have a feeling it is still supposed to be there. 

This absolutely kills it for me.

1. Don't call me a "casual player" because I'm not a member of a particular server. DO NOT! I play harder and more serious than most.

2. WTF is 61 out of 72 booted out about?? 11 reserved slots? Are you kidding me? 

3. Devs please fix this so I can ignore idiot servers like above.

thank you.

On 11/3/2016 at 8:23 PM, perpetuity said:

This absolutely kills it for me.

1. Don't call me a "casual player" because I'm not a member of a particular server. DO NOT! I play harder and more serious than most.

2. WTF is 61 out of 72 booted out about?? 11 reserved slots? Are you kidding me? 

3. Devs please fix this so I can ignore idiot servers like above.

thank you.

Well 11 kinda makes sense, 9 for a squad to play and 2 for the Admin slots. If Admins take up slots that is.

That being said, its now showing again after the 8.1 hotfix.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze