jolepanda

Game crashes after update V8 at start up

Hello guys,

I downloaded the new update and wanted to start the game. The loading balk showed up and when it was at the end the game keeps saying to me that it crashes. (Fatal error UE4 etc.) Does anyone have the same problem? How can I troubleshoot it if someone could help that'd be nice!

Got the same issue No SfeetFX did a fresh install still crashing... read somewhere else that it could be a Nvidia driver issue....

Just now, Bats said:

Got the same issue No SfeetFX did a fresh install still crashing... read somewhere else that it could be a Nvidia driver issue....

Did you try using a somewhat older driver? I am using one at the moment and it does not crash.

I have the same problem, i've updated my Nvidia drivers, reinstalled them cleanly, downloaded oler version of the driver (372.70 for gtx660). All for nothing. Still crash.

It's an odd one. My one has been working forever but now doesn't work for other people yet still works absolutely fine for me.

15 minutes ago, Melbo said:

It's an odd one. My one has been working forever but now doesn't work for other people yet still works absolutely fine for me.

Tried reinstalling the game Melbo,and then see :D

Found something : Download the latest version of Reshade, install it (the simplest way, execute it, I personnaly chose "OpenGL") it should display "succeed" then close the window (no need to start the game) then go to ***\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\Win64, delete the dxgi.dll file, start Squad.

Once Squad has started, type "Shift+F2" to display the Reshade menu, and tick any box matching the effects you wann see in your game (tried it in the Firing range to see the effects on the fly) when you're done, save your settings and assign it a toggle key (I chose Scroll lock)

You now can play Squad v.8 with SweetFX effects !!! The latest Reshade is very good !!

EDIT : it works on Firing Range but joining servers => server closed connection... working on it will report ASAP

EDIT 2 : Still getting kicked by servers

Edited by Nightstalker21

Nevermind, I missed some files. Got it working now.

Edited by justachap
Missed some files

19 minutes ago, Kalbouneh said:

Still getting kicked by the servers for using sweetfx?

Affirmative, tried many different things (OpenGL, Direct3D, latest drivers, latest Reshade version....) except openGL wont prevent the game from starting while Direct3D will make it crash at launch, anyway at server connection I systematically get disconnected.

Thanks if you can fix it ;);)

Just did a fresh reinstall. Using ReShade Version 3.0.4, OpenGL. Working fine for me. No fatals, no kicks from server.

50 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Just did a fresh reinstall. Using ReShade Version 3.0.4, OpenGL. Working fine for me. No fatals, no kicks from server.

Ok will try it too, but 16Go to DL is a pain in the ** for me as my connection is sooooo bad :( Anyway if its the only way...

TY for the tip bro

Hey guys,

Thanks for so much replies but I don't use SweetFX. I tried to repair all data but nothing worked....maybe the drivers but dont think so. One question: Is it possible that it will work again only if I deinstall it and reinstall new?

4 hours ago, Melbo said:

1 hour ago, jolepanda said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for so much replies but I don't use SweetFX. I tried to repair all data but nothing worked....maybe the drivers but dont think so. One question: Is it possible that it will work again only if I deinstall it and reinstall new?

Melbo did, and it worked. I'm trying myself to do the same

4 hours ago, Melbo said:

How did you configure your ReShade ? Did you change anything in the ReShade menu ?

Just now, Nightstalker21 said:

How did you configure your ReShade ? Did you change anything in the ReShade menu ?

I simply chose OpenGl and that's it. Tried it without changing any settings in the ReShade ingame menu and then turned on sharpening. Both worked without any issues.