Sign in to follow this  

Something I would love to see implemented into this game would be the addition of civvi AI which would have an impact on the game. The way I envision it would work would be that civvi's populate built up areas as well as a few wandering around the rest of the map. Civvi's would respond to gun fire by moving away from it and then return to their original positions/ activities once the fighting has moved on.  

The whole purpose of having civvi's populate the map is that they would respond to the actions of each team. As an example if your team were to kill a couple of civvis the other team would then be giving an intel package - give away a squads position for 2 minutes or maybe the position of a FOB/RP maybe. Also this could work well if you say occupied someone's house that would also incur a penalty. I think this system would add an extra layer to the game and force squaddies to think about dropping FOB's etc.

What do people think?

PS. I don't know if someone has raise this idea already, sorry if they have. Also I acknowledge that this would probably put way to much strain on servers and people's rigs.

As far as I know, this isn't planned by the developers at the moment. That might change, but I think some features including this is fit for a modding community.

i have been messing around with it a tad, never done anything like this before. I at least wanted to get moving targets for the firing range :P

Please use the search function next time, maybe they'll add targets that move back and fourth behind cover ect. for your purposes. 

i'd rather they hace the cavlillian class left to militia and insurgents but dont call them civilians but informant's with nothing but patches rocks to throw and binoculars

nothing was better than in PR chasing a civi down the road into a building with zippy cuffs and your squad being led into an ambush.

I don't want civilians as AI in any map. Too unpredictable. Too much time would be spent creating an AI when time could be utilized towards implementing systems and core game features we all want. I'd rather have Civilian classes like in PR IF I wanted civilians. Which I don't. I'd much rather SQUAD stick to the conventional warfare tactics that we've seen except for in the INS gamemode of course.