Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

282 posts in this topic

I'm liking the new penetration a lot. The other day on Kohat the enemy thought they were being so clever by putting a btr and repair station on top of a mountain for overwatch. So I got the CROWS hummer into a hull down position half a mile away and started hitting the btr. It retreats behind the repair station to give itself cover and repair so I just shoot right through the repair station, in one side and out the other into the btr, and blow it up. Man, I love v8 but it's turning me into a vehicle whore.

edit: Nice hotfixes devs, hope lots of ppl get hooked on Squad this weekend

Edited by fatalsushi

On 10/30/2016 at 0:46 AM, Chuc said:

UPDATE 8.6 Hotfix  (10 November 2016)

• Cosmetic change to the way server counts work in the in-game server browser so that a server with 70 players and 72 slots, two of which are reserved, will now be shown as: 70 / 70 (+2) instead of the old 70 / 72 (2). This is to reduce confusion / frustration in newer players who are trying to join servers that are actually full when considering the reserved slots

Good idea, even for those who know how it works, it can be frustrating :P

Is it just me or after 8.6 no servers are showing up in the browser?

nevermind it works now

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Found a lil bug on the Firing Range : when activating an ammo crate to switch kit/resupply (the one I chose was the one near the grenade training area), the commo rose stayed stuck on my screen, I had to Alt-F4 the game, only way to get rid of it :(

The changes based around "newer players" are really refreshing and helping to polish the foundation of the game. Very happy about that.

5 minutes ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Found a lil bug on the Firing Range : when activating an ammo crate to switch kit/resupply (the one I chose was the one near the grenade training area), the commo rose stayed stuck on my screen, I had to Alt-F4 the game, only way to get rid of it :(

Can confirm this exact bug as well.

We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.7 hotfix to ship our the new map Kokan. It is available for download now.

Just played a match on the new map. Who ever made this map is very knowledgeable in keeping things far enough but not to close. The gun fights were very intense inside the little villages at every objective. It was a well thought out map. Kudos!

1 hour ago, MesaBoogie said:

Just played a match on the new map. Who ever made this map is very knowledgeable in keeping things far enough but not to close. The gun fights were very intense inside the little villages at every objective. It was a well thought out map. Kudos!

Well its a remake of the classic PR map kokan 

Awesome! Im still working on mine :D I may renamed it from Jala to" City of jalabad" but in a city area and a second part of "road to jalabad". You can find the link here:

:D but also i havent worked on it since i went to training, and production will go back online!

yay new map :x Thank you so much for your amazing work devs!

can't wait to see some news regarding Fallujah west :x

Edited by WarFox89

Woot! Heck yeah! I love Kohat! Thanks devs!

Edited by WarEagle751

5 hours ago, Merlin said:

We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.7 hotfix to ship our the new map Kokan. It is available for download now.

Nicee finally some kokainnnn :x

5 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

YAY!!!!!!!

Thanks for remaking this classic. One of my fav pr maps

7 hotfixes, that must be a record for Squad. Well done devs you guys are putting in some work. It's that kind of dedication and talent that makes this game so special. Thank you.

You can check out this link which shows you the WIP (work in progress) till now =]

wasn't going to post the images here but it is part of the topic / plus asked for :P

5 hours ago, justachap said:

Any screenshots of this new map?

kPY2ZyO.jpg

QYI0BSS.jpg

HU1hKOd.jpg

1GFuiBE.jpg

MYuC5uE.jpg

okc7tC8.jpg

sdOpSFR.jpg

PVRbs8j.jpg

cTSAJuX.jpg

So at least two set round. One during the the daytime and the other at sunset judging by those pics.

Well done with Kokan and congratulation for the release! is a joy to see those PR maps under a new Engine. I hope one day to see "Assault on Grozny" too.

Edited by PR.IT Aragorn89

Kokan??? Arr you kidding us?
Cant wait... i gonna break off my work and go home just to see if it's true. Nice one devs.