Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

282 posts in this topic

wow this patch is awesome, playing since december steam release im very happy to see the progress. Thats how Early Access has to look like :) well spent money 

keep up the good work <3

1 hour ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Same question here :D

Can't wait till I'm back home at least to test if the EAC updates will allow us to eventually re-use SweetFX...

Still can't even launch Squad with sweetfx here :(

Why SweetFX is in the allowed aplication at first place. Should be detected and game should refuge to run with it.

45 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Why SweetFX is in the allowed aplication at first place. Should be detected and game should refuge to run with it.

Sorry for my bad english understanding but I can't understand the whole meaning of your sentence :(

50 minutes ago, ron_jeremiah said:

there are some workarounds on reddit for the new update

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/5b6tkf/sweetfx_squad_v81_fix/

that worked for me

The problem (and not only for me) is not launching the game with SweetFX/ReShade enabled now that the fix exists, my Squad starts perfectly well with it enabled ; but I get disconnected by servers each time I try to join one...

Edited by Nightstalker21

I were saying that I don't understand why you should be able to use sweetFX at all. I mean I understand the use to make the game look prettier, but in flipside I only can see troubles of some people running it as a variety of "gamma hacks" to give an significant upperhand in certain situations (by tweaking the values so the enemy players stands out better from the background).

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

23 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

I were saying that I don't understand why you should be able to use sweetFX at all. I mean I understand the use to make the game look prettier, but in flipside I only can see troubles of some people running it as a variety of "gamma hacks" to give an significant upperhand in certain situations (by tweaking the values so the enemy players stands out better from the background).

Ok I understand ;)

This is not the matter of the topic, but you're right about cheaters, even if I think that 1/ if EAC allows it, it must not be such a problem and 2/ anyway if one want to cheat and see that SweetFX is not allowed, he will eventually find something else to cheat.

Yes it sometimes causes problems, but you said it it makes the game really, really better/sharper, only reason why I use it.

12 minutes ago, MINTY said:

When will you add ''Hold Aim'' instead of toggle? 

It is there.. Been like 12 months already..

toggleADS.png

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Does someone else have huge problems with hitreg during v8?

"server connection lost" problem... 4 times in 20min. Random.

6 hours ago, Dundish said:

"server connection lost" problem... 4 times in 20min. Random.

This was caused by server crashes. We just pushed a-8.4 to fix that.

25 minutes ago, Norby said:

Thanks! Will try ;) 

Nice job with V8, devs. I love it! :)

Normally around 45-50 FPS (never below 40 yet) with:

i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz

16GB RAM

GTX970

With V7 I had mostly 30-32 FPS with drops down to 27-28.

1 hour ago, Norby said:

53 minutes ago, Dundish said:

Thanks! Will try ;) 

Looks like with V8.4 I no longer experience "disconnected from server" problem even with Reshade 3.0.4 activated !! \o/ \o/

If it changes later I'll update this

Great job guys, as usual !!!!

Please release free look before the free weekend. This feature adds so much immersion through situational awareness that it is a game changer.

5 hours ago, Skymo said:

Nice job with V8, devs. I love it! :)

Normally around 45-50 FPS (never below 40 yet) with:

i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz

16GB RAM

GTX970

With V7 I had mostly 30-32 FPS with drops down to 27-28.

did you ever consider overclocking your cpu more? I wonder how much of a performance boost you would gain

5 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Looks like with V8.4 I no longer experience "disconnected from server" problem even with Reshade 3.0.4 activated !! \o/ \o/

How to use reshade? Is it real good?

1 hour ago, EminentEnd said:

did you ever consider overclocking your cpu more? I wonder how much of a performance boost you would gain

I never tried, but I'll try it one day. :D

7 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

I hope this is true, I need my luma sharpen!

We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.5 hotfix release, here is the only change:

• Disabled a portion of the new EAC integration which was causing server crashing on round end.

4 hours ago, EminentEnd said:

I've a 2600K OCed @ 4.4 and it performs really well. I certainly miss some features/performances next-gen CPUs can offer but since 2011 (year I bought it) changing GPU is the only thing I did to play more recent games. Your 2500K should give you some extra too :)

3 hours ago, Kalasnikov47 said:

How to use reshade? Is it real good?

Go there, download it, follow the user guide instructions (search for it on the same page) install it, enjoy. Till V 8.2 it only worked on the Firing Range, now it works for me even on online servers.

You can see in the middle of this page some screenshots that will give you an idea how its a game changer : brighter and much sharper.

2 hours ago, Dubs said:

I hope this is true, I need my luma sharpen!

I played 2-3 full games on public servers yesterday evening without any problem and with Reshade activated !!! So I can confirm that (at least in my case) it does work now !!

Edited by Nightstalker21
Forgot a link

We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.6 hotfix release. This is planned as the last hotfix before the free weekend begins! For those curious, the free weekend will begin at 6PM GMT Thursday. Here are the changes:

• Enabled the "relative net updating" system in preparation for high server load over the free weekend. This allows for variable update rates per client / networked object so that networked objects that are farther away from people can be processed at a lower rate and thus lower cost on the server for little change in functionality.
  • Fix to prevent the steam integration in unreal engine from deleting the "steam_appid.txt" file, which has proved the cause of steam being unable to start attached to the game in a number of circumstances.
  • Cosmetic change to the way server counts work in the in-game server browser so that a server with 70 players and 72 slots, two of which are reserved, will now be shown as: 70 / 70 (+2) instead of the old 70 / 72 (2). This is to reduce confusion / frustration in newer players who are trying to join servers that are actually full when considering the reserved slots.