Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

eagon89   
1 hour ago, koschilein said:

Yes, there will be more optimization in the future.

This was just the first update which focused mainly on optimization for the client performance.

We will see more of this in the future and also more optimizations for the server´s.

Thank you very much.

Only for info:

i7-5820K, standard boost 3,6 GHz

ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti

64 GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 2800Mhz

WD Black 3 TB

Before patch, minimum 40/50 FPS with 60 players on Fool's Road and Logar Valley.

Now I get around 75 FPS with 70 players almost everywhere, but unfortunately drops to 45/50 fps when the fight become hard, I don't think that CPU overclock will help much since is netcode problem, in fact before and after the patch V8 the FPS in Jensen's Range are the same, 140/160 FPS and in multiplayer the FPS are not affected by the graphic setting.

Of course I'm happy for this performance improved but you know... is not a question of PC Master Race but for PC gaming the minimum requirements is always 60.

Moreover, I didn't play much since V7, there was a graphic downgrade, especially for woodland map ? (only a question not a flame/troll post)

Edited by eagon89

4 hours ago, DonDOOM said:

Sadly, since the UE4 engine uses deferred rendering, it won't support proper MSAA. Afaik all we can do is hope Epic will someday add forward rendering support to UE4.

This will be added as experimental in the next version of UE4, however with a high cost so we will need to evaluate it when it comes to that point in time.

3 hours ago, eagon89 said:

Thank you very much.

Only for info:

i7-5820K, standard boost 3,6 GHz

ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti

64 GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 2800Mhz

WD Black 3 TB

Before patch, minimum 40/50 FPS with 60 players on Fool's Road and Logar Valley.

Now I get around 75 FPS with 70 players almost everywhere, but unfortunately drops to 45/50 fps when the fight become hard, I don't think that CPU overclock will help much since is netcode problem, in fact before and after the patch V8 the FPS in Jensen's Range are the same, 140/160 FPS and in multiplayer the FPS are not affected by the graphic setting.

Of course I'm happy for this performance improved but you know... is not a question of PC Master Race but for PC gaming the minimum requirements is always 60.

Moreover, I didn't play much since V7, there was a graphic downgrade, especially for woodland map ? (only a question not a flame/troll post)

oc that k cpu to 4.3 at least

thank me later

you will be suprised

loxiw   
22 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

yeah.. well.. you will.. just hold on..  I would love to see your ingame debug stats. 

Nice to know if you are cpu or gpu bound. 

The AMD guys are getting a big boost.. just not the older generation as much.. to be fair..  

PS.. we have both a low end and a high end AMD in the studio now so we know exactly how they perform and where we are going to destroy their bottlenecks. 

There will be a sacrifice but I think we have a plan to get the AMD guys more in the game. 

I got a GTX 1050TI today, fps increased from 25~ to 35~. Also how can I provide you those "debug stats"?

125fps on the firing range :________

Edited by loxiw

CHRIS//   
1 hour ago, loxiw said:

I got a GTX 1050TI today, fps increased from 25~ to 35~. Also how can I provide you those "debug stats"?

125fps on the firing range :________

Have you tried EFFECTS on low?

Ego   

Stopping by to say thanks to the developers for their hard work.  The game is coming along great!  Amazing job on this update.  

23 hours ago, Z-trooper said:

Listened? I had that thing made back at the same time the first M249 came in, just didn't get around to putting it in game before now :)

2014 9ind5Sl.jpg

;)

Err, doesn't mean it was gonna be added for sure..

Shokyr   

I might have missed it, but are you guys going by your figure using statfps? I've often seen numbers like 125+ and that was before V8 hit, and I'm only on a 6700k/1070.

Edit: Just wanted to add that you guys rule. Devs, community, players. Well worth the money spent 20 hours in.

Edited by Shokyr

Anyway feel that vehicles are actually quite scary in V8? Last night on Fool's Road the BTRs gave us hell. It was some of the most intense and memorable stuff I've experienced in this game even though we got our asses kicked.

Edited by fatalsushi

Thr34t   
1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

Anyway feel that vehicles are actually quite scary in V8? Last night on Fool's Road the BTRs gave us hell. It was some of the most intense and memorable stuff I've experienced in this game even though we got our asses kicked.

Everything seems a bit scarier since the game runs so much smoother which makes it more immersive. Watching a movie where the picture is smooth could be scary, watching a slideshow, not so much.

My, my, is it that time of the month to harsh the mellow of certain developers, again? Well, I've played the update and read the patch notes and here's my (((opinion))) on everything (I heard this time around Z-Trooper and IronTaxi specifically asked for it).

The optimization certainly makes the game more playable. I'd love to see the blurry effect removed without having to use SweetFX, but I'm sure that will come soon. For now, being able to hit 60FPS without frame drops is more than enough to keep me playing when asked. 

The rocket technical is awesome in the dictionary meaning of the word. It's powerful when used properly and funny when used the right way. Glad to see it make a reappearance. 

The HMMWV, however, I'm not so glad to see. I very much dislike the addition of the HMMWV over the MATV to the game (though I remember the MATV from earlier screen shots, so maybe it's just in hiding) due to the lack of use (especially considering this game is set in the "near future") in current-day fighting on the part of US Forces. They were garbage when they were invented, were worse in Iraq, Iraq 2 Reinvade Boogaloo, and Afghanistan, and were swiftly replaced the second that MRAPs hit the scene. We're throwing these things at Ukraine, but we aren't using them for a reason. Also, it's hard to see the woodland camouflage because of the screenshot, but it appears to be lacking any brown color, which would put it out of military regulations. Worse than "it was trash and not really used anymore" is the fact that CROWS were never really used on HMMWVs anyway. Sure, CROWS have seen their fair share of fighting, but it's mostly on MRAPs, Strykers, or tanks. I think the idea of putting more effort into the HMMWV is ludicrous, especially when that work negates one of the few drawbacks that actually appear in game. 

Glad to see the NSV-Utes properly renamed as such rather than just sticking it to certain rivet counters and calling it the KORD. Very fun weapon to use in game and it ****ing tears into whatever it hits.

I'm not sure if it is or not, but it would've been nice to see the DShK shield be an option. I much prefer the wide open field of view to the minimal amount of protection it provides on the back of a vehicle, yet I love it on the ground because it makes it damn near impossible to kill the gunner when paired with sandbags. That being said, that's also a reason why I dislike this shield: it takes away a lot of the vulnerability of the mounted gun position.

Haven't seen the penetration but it seems like a good idea. Would definitely be nice to see it implemented on those shitty Russian shacks that we all know couldn't stop a strong gust of wind let alone a speeding bullet. That being said, I hope you guys do it properly and factor in the material being penetrated so 5.56mm won't go through concrete but will go through wood.

I like the low stamina sway because it gives people another reason not to run everywhere. People need to realize that sprinting should be conserved for the right occasion. Always keep above half stamina, and always try to catch a ride to the objective. I like the idea of making it less and less possible to just walk to the frontline, instead forcing vehicle squads to actually do their job and transport infantrymen. Nothing I hated worse in Squad than "APC" squads that were really just IFV squads.

Lighting certainly looks a lot better; I've noticed that my eyes don't hurt as much while playing the game, so that's good.

The new-old M249 model (the original variant, not the PIP) looks a little wonky. I believe the barrel is too short and the barrel profile looks a little wonky. The barrel shape being weird might be attributed to the lack of DOF and AA, though, which I could understand. I know the barrel is supposed to be bulged a bit, then taper inward, then back outward, but it all seems like it's happening in too short a space. Would also be nice to see the top rail removed from this model.

The new compass is really helpful.

I noticed the Russian webbing color changed for desert maps, and currently it looks atrocious. Is it an unfinished texture? Please tell me that is the case. On top of this, Ross claimed that Russian soldiers have tan webbing and plate carriers for desert deployments, but if that is the case then how come I've yet to see them pop up in Syria? Hell, Russia has barely issued out their desert color VKBOs, let alone tan gear. I think it would be nice to see some mix and match of tan EMR and green EMR, but that's just me. 

EDIT: looking now I can find 6sh117s and 6b45s in KSOR camo, but I cannot find any pictures of them in use. 

Overall: I can dig it. Don't love it, don't hate it. Update adds some fresh content and some much needed optimization, so now I'm less likely to say no when a friend asks to play.

Edited by VarenykySupreme

You know, it would be cool if this game were 100% authentic and all but I don't really give a crap at this point. It's a blast to play and getting better every update. I think it's healthier to just accept that this isn't a simulation because that's obviously not what the devs are going for. They are willing to accept inaccuracies for the sake of moving development forward and giving us more gameplay.

DonDOOM   
22 hours ago, Motherdear said:

This will be added as experimental in the next version of UE4, however with a high cost so we will need to evaluate it when it comes to that point in time.

Cheers, good to know!

Also, for anyone with an i7 CPU, try turning off hyper threading. Squad apparently performs a lot better without it.

17 minutes ago, DonDOOM said:

Cheers, good to know!

Also, for anyone with an i7 CPU, try turning off hyper threading. Squad apparently performs a lot better without it.

Strange, as hyper threading works just fine with my 300+ game library, why would we need to turn off hyper threading to get better fps, surely this cant be right, can we have confirmation from a dev on this, cheers

31 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Strange, as hyper threading works just fine with my 300+ game library, why would we need to turn off hyper threading to get better fps, surely this cant be right, can we have confirmation from a dev on this, cheers

Dude, just search the Forum for 'hyper threading' you'll find much posts about that many guys who said "its better with HT off" cant be wrong!

May be its just some special CPU's but not all i7's

8 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

You know, it would be cool if this game were 100% authentic and all but I don't really give a crap at this point. It's a blast to play and getting better every update. I think it's healthier to just accept that this isn't a simulation because that's obviously not what the devs are going for. They are willing to accept inaccuracies for the sake of moving development forward and giving us more gameplay.

Authenticity and realism are two very different things. They aren't necessarily skimping out on authenticity (at least not without talking about beaten dead horses), but they aren't even being consistent with their own objectives with some of the things they're putting in game (i.e. we've been told they're aiming for a near-future scenario, yet the HMMWV hasn't been in frontline service for years and we're expected to believe it's still in use by, say, 2017 or whenever this game is set?). I don't particularly think the CROWS adds anything to gameplay, I honestly think it even detracts on a smaller vehicle because it makes the M2 gunner less vulnerable and more effective when it comes to firing at ranges. It's just not something that should be on a transportation vehicle.

7 hours ago, Bigsmokeee said:

i sense a new supreme gentleman in the making.. in this thread. but nyways back on topic v8 rocks me socks

You must be new here. 

DanielNL   
2 hours ago, DonDOOM said:

Cheers, good to know!

Hah good that I just upgraded to i5 6600k yesterday from my 5 year old i7 2600k... Not need to worry about that weird HT... :) (Though I get 5 fps less currently in some games, but I assume it's cause I had the 2600k @ 4.5 GHz and 6600k still running at stock... How many years lifetime can I expect if I get my 6600k to 4.0-4.5 GHz, if temps stay at/below 70°C ? (I have good air cooler))

Merlin   

We are now pushing a version Alpha 8.1 hotfix release, here are the changes:

• Attempted fix for a rare memory related server side crash.
  • Fix for players being able to see through walls when prone.
  • Fix an issue where players would be given very large or very small scores.
  • Fix for reserve slots not functioning properly.
  • Fix for the EAC shield not showing up properly.
  • Fix for Ambient Occlusion not being able to be turned off.
  • Fix for healing sounds incorrectly overlapping each other until the sound fully completes.
  • Fix for empty servers incorrectly showing up as having poor health.
  • Fix for smoke trail effects not cleaning up properly in certain cases.
  • Fix for suppression effects being disabled on low quality settings.
  • Clean Razorwire has been reduced from 100 to 25 construction points.
  • Militia and Insurgent Heavy Machine Gun deployables are now limited to 2 unshielded and 2 shielded DShKs instead of unlimited shielded DShKs.
  • Reduced linear recoil pattern on HMMWV .50 and all emplaced weapons. They should be slightly more effective at long range engagements.
  • Fix for interior engine sounds not beeing affected by effects slider.
  • Fix for issue with KPVT 3p fire sounds dropping out.
  • Adjustment of sound muffling when incapacited.
  • Removed a UB32 technical from Chora INS.
  • Added ambient sounds to Yehorivka.
  • Updated Yehorivka AASv2 with the correct Militia Urals and removed guardrails from main roads.
  • Fix for Yehorivka AASv2 Logi Supply Point uncappable state once capped.
  • Fix for fences on Gorodok.
  • Extended the draw distance of trees on Fool's Road.
  • Fix for red and blue colored GP25s at various LODs.