Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

Thanks for fixing the performance. I can finally play again! 

Has anyone else noticed that the vehicle sounds seem to play at 100% volume no matter what levels you have selected in the options menu? I have to turn my speakers off when I'm driving because the noise isn't scaling at all as far as I can tell.

Sorry to hear that AMD players aren't getting the big performance boost that Intel folks are but you can only expect so much from Bulldozer based chips. They were slow when they launched and that was five years ago.

26 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Do the AA settings still blur the images at all like before update ? what is the best AA option to use ? cheers

AA still blurs a lot yeah.

My solution is using SMAA through the ingame menu + Lumasharpen at 1.50 "sharp_strength" through the Reshade framework.

9 minutes ago, DonDOOM said:

My solution is using SMAA through the ingame menu + Lumasharpen at 1.50 "sharp_strength" through the Reshade framework.

Ok cheers, will take a look at Reshade, i guess the AA blurring problem is UE4 graphic engine side ? 

I will try to use epic Nvidia MFAA, (aka "MthrfckingAA" xD) hope MFAA supports UE4/Squad...

1 hour ago, loxiw said:

I've got an FX6300 + GTX 750 TI, 25~ fps with 1600x900 & low settings. I was very hyped about V8 but nothing changed in my case, I love this game but can't play it...

yeah.. well.. you will.. just hold on..  I would love to see your ingame debug stats. 

Nice to know if you are cpu or gpu bound. 

1 hour ago, lawnboy said:

Thanks for fixing the performance. I can finally play again! 

Has anyone else noticed that the vehicle sounds seem to play at 100% volume no matter what levels you have selected in the options menu? I have to turn my speakers off when I'm driving because the noise isn't scaling at all as far as I can tell.

Sorry to hear that AMD players aren't getting the big performance boost that Intel folks are but you can only expect so much from Bulldozer based chips. They were slow when they launched and that was five years ago.

The AMD guys are getting a big boost.. just not the older generation as much.. to be fair..  

PS.. we have both a low end and a high end AMD in the studio now so we know exactly how they perform and where we are going to destroy their bottlenecks. 

There will be a sacrifice but I think we have a plan to get the AMD guys more in the game. 

16 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

yeah.. well.. you will.. just hold on..  I would love to see your ingame debug stats. 

The AMD guys are getting a big boost.. just not the older generation as much.. to be fair..  

PS.. we have both a low end and a high end AMD in the studio now so we know exactly how they perform and where we are going to destroy their bottlenecks. 

There will be a sacrifice but I think we have a plan to get the AMD guys more in the game. 

Any testing been done on older Intel process such as I7-920 and if so, what was the prognosis :)?

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Tested quickly on a 72 man server, FX-6300, 290, 8 GB ram

1600x900

25 fps, 38, 32, 19, 38 (frame, game, draw, gpu)

1920x1080 with SMAA

28 fps, 36, 30, 10, 36

Both settings bounced up and down a few, upping resolution seemed to help or at least not hurt.

Edited by CageMatchKimsey
Game was unplayable prior to v8, 15 fps, let me know if I can test anything else

5 hours ago, DanielNL said:

DEVs when will you finally give a statement about your thoughts of russians being "wrong" most of the time??? I demand an apology towards russians on what was written in the Squad news update.

That's just how we show our love for our largest fans!

Hot damn!.

Frames got somewhat better but i had 45-75 before at 3440 x 1440.

Why is the US m248 missing the bipod, the recoil is super extreme compared to the whatever AK Saw which have bipod.

41 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

AAAWWWW YEEEAAAAHH! Old M249 for militia. They listened! Finally, objective order for maps. We won't have to worry as much about squads going to the wrong objective. 

Listened? I had that thing made back at the same time the first M249 came in, just didn't get around to putting it in game before now :)

2014 9ind5Sl.jpg

;)

I played about an hour's worth of time on a desert map yesterday on High settings and was, on a hilltop overreaching the whole map, getting 60+ (more like 70) FPS. I can't really comment just how much of an improvement this is until I see some vehicles in action but it is definitely an improvement!

For reference, these are my specs:

GTX 970

16GB RAM

i5 3570k @4,2Ghz

Win 10, latest drivers

But oh boy, the new lighting and skybox... <3

The game runs so ****ing good now! I ****ing love you guys! :x

11 hours ago, zZBonesZz said:

Any testing been done on older Intel process such as I7-920 and if so, what was the prognosis :)?

I ran this on a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4ghz... 40-60 fps stable in battle on a server with 40 ~ players.

Edited by CHRIS//

Great update! Feels like a new game :) Having a wierd problem, everytime i die the game drops to windows before i can spawn again ! 

Note to self: Dont die

2 minutes ago, eagon89 said:

Nice job, but I have to ask... in the future there will be other optimization ?

Yes, there will be more optimization in the future.

This was just the first update which focused mainly on optimization for the client performance.

We will see more of this in the future and also more optimizations for the server´s.

Anyone else run into the issue where for some unknown reason you get ~ -200,000,000 points? It isn't even consistent, saw it three times in one game but not in any other games.

Will post screens when I get home tonight.

1 minute ago, NotBrad said:

Anyone else run into the issue where for some unknown reason you get ~ -200,000,000 points? It isn't even consistent, saw it three times in one game but not in any other games.

Will post screens when I get home tonight.

Already reported a few times, its a known bug and it is caused by the new way vehicle operators/gunners get points.

Just now, koschilein said:

Already reported a few times, its a known bug and it is caused by the new way vehicle operators/gunners get points.

Oh I see, 

18 hours ago, DonDOOM said:

Maybe the devs could include some sharpening with temporal anti-aliasing in next release? I believe frostbite engine in BF1 now also does that, looks much clearer.

1 minute ago, Hyraclyon said:

Maybe the devs could include some sharpening with temporal anti-aliasing in next release? I believe frostbite engine in BF1 now also does that, looks much clearer.

It would be a step forward if sharpening options were  added to the graphics menu.

Thing is though, TAA or TXAA + sharpening looks good when standing still, but when you start moving and looking around it becomes a blurry mess again.

Sadly, since the UE4 engine uses deferred rendering, it won't support proper MSAA. Afaik all we can do is hope Epic will someday add forward rendering support to UE4.

Finally getting 60fps in most senarios, although with shadows at meduim and foilage at low.

The rest is epic.

Frame drops around 50ish to high 40s when around heavy foilage areas, and thick smoke.

Next stop foilage and smoke optimization lol

I5 6400 @ 4.5ghz

hyperx ddr4 8gb
Strix GTX OC 970

Samsung Evo SSD 250Gb