Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

282 posts in this topic

you guys just delivery it again. Really impressed by the look of the game right now. Neat update! Thanks for the hard work so far

Edited by Starbricks

15 hours ago, Daytrader said:

I noticed "Steam user application data can now be reset via the game settings panel by clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window. This requires a restart of the game and we highly suggest everyone does it at least once to clear old obsolete settings from your config."  Is that the same as deleting my  Squad folder in %localappdata% ? or do we still have to delete this folder manually ?

its the same thing

2 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

This is great. Some maps I get 90fps average now. Maps with a lot of foliage I get around 65fps average. Lowest fps count I've seen was 45fps during a major close quarters firefight. The new lighting and fog makes it so I don't have to supersample to make it look good at 1440p. Now I just hope we get even more optimization in the future. Often my GPU usage drops to 50% to 60% (meaning there's a bottleneck) and I get stuck at 60fps to 70fps which is decent, but my goal is to have a 100+fps average on all maps and not see it dip below 80 or 90 with normal gameplay, and not see it drop below 60 or 70 in extremely heavy firefights. If anyone is managing to get my goal fps please tell me your system specs.

And my one major disappointment is that we still don't have freelook. Freelook is the number 1 thing I currently want, and I'm afraid that the devs are going to leave it 'til the end.

Your rig please ?

11 hours ago, Thr34t said:

i5-2500k

8GB DDR3

GeForce 780 GTX

V7: Min FPS 20ish, usually sat around 25-35, once in a while got to 40

V8: Min FPS 40ish, usually sitting around 55-60, once in a while get 65-80

Up 20 on the minimum, which puts me from having a minimum that felt unplayable to having a minimum that is comfortable.

Average FPS makes the game feel very smooth and much more immersive.

The fact that I do get the occasional 65-80 FPS makes me feel that my FPS is more dependent on my hardware and less on game related bottlenecks.

Great job guys, looking forward to the free weekend. These new people are going to see Squad and not believe that it is still in Alpha, this patch was next level. The only concern I have now is that there won't be enough servers to support the load of people that will come in.

Read the news post.. we have the servers. :)

9 hours ago, eggman said:

Great update, thanks for the hard work. Got a couple rounds in, good performance, no major issues encountered in ~90 minutes of play. Well done, thanks again.

Cheers,

eggman

Thanks Eggman..  it was literally a hike through the back woods of our code for 2 months that did it..  amazing skeletons you find back there!  

8 hours ago, wesuperstar said:

Great update. Thanks. more fps here too.

But one thing still sad, no MSAA. Eye-cancer-aliasing (fxaa,txaa,smaa) only, whyyyyy?

currently not possible in ue4.

You can always upscale if your rig can afford it. 

4 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

its the same thing

Cheers

15 hours ago, loxiw said:

FX 6300 here too. Very dissapointed, I really expected this update to bring a noticeable improve in our frames but... still 25fps in a combat zone

Id be very surprised if you saw no improvement.. You will need to run on lower settings and reset your appdata via the graphics menu reset

Had great fps boost myself, best update so far, cheers

Just played 4 or so rounds. It's a whole new experience. I absolutely love it.

1 hour ago, Spidmax said:

Any boost on AMD FX-8350 ?

I have the older 6 core AMD at 3.5ghz and nvidia 960, squad runs hell lot better than any previous released version did.

Iv got all settings maxed except for supersampling (which is "off"), running at 1920x1080 resolution.

I get 38-40 fps in full 72 slot server on long distance maps. If its a small map or less players I sit between 50 and 60fps.

Great job devs, good to see AMD finally getting some performance increases! 

It will go a long way in rebuilding the AMD player base.

Squad v8 gets my approval.

0001345_seal_of_approval_rubber_stamp_30

(will IrOnTaXi spit his coffee all over the screen in shock?)

Edited by RollingInTheHurt

31 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

Holy. Shit.

35 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

I have the older 6 core AMD at 3.5ghz and nvidia 960, squad runs hell lot better than any previous released version did.

Iv got all settings maxed except for supersampling (which is "off"), running at 1920x1080 resolution.

I get 38-40 fps in full 72 slot server on long distance maps. If its a small map or less players I sit between 50 and 60fps.

Great job devs, good to see AMD finally getting some performance increases! 

It will go a long way in rebuilding the AMD player base.

0001345_seal_of_approval_rubber_stamp_30

(will IrOnTaXi spit his coffee all over the screen in shock?)

i just tripped and fell down the stairs

2 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Your rig please ?

I run a Gigabyte G1 Gaming (factory overclocked) GTX 1080 and an i7 4790k OCed to 4.7 GHz. the 4790k used to be the king of per-core performance but I'm not sure if any of the new CPUs have beaten it. Typically per-core CPU performance is how you get the best performance at unoptimized games.

DEVs when will you finally give a statement about your thoughts of russians being "wrong" most of the time??? I demand an apology towards russians on what was written in the Squad news update.

52 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

i just tripped and fell down the stairs

Dev Down!

5 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

DEVs when will you finally give a statement about your thoughts of russians being "wrong" most of the time??? I demand an apology towards russians on what was written in the Squad news update.

I guess the devs need to start including trigger warnings with their baseless jokes...

lol

I have gamma/brighntness bug. Latest nvidia drivers, gtx 1070. All other games look fine. And im not alone, other squad members have the same issue.

2 minutes ago, zaira said:

I have gamma/brighntness bug. Latest nvidia drivers, gtx 1070. All other games look fine. And im not alone, other squad members have the same issue.

i had this too, i think i fixed it with eye adaptation or ambient occlusion. i don´t konow anymore. i have both on now. and did you clear old configs?

Edited by wesuperstar

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

currently not possible in ue4.

You can always upscale if your rig can afford it. 

that´s really sad to hear, didn´t know that. my rig can handle max 1.25 upscaling. but to achieve a result like msaa x4 i have to upscale x2.0. that´s too heavy

Edited by wesuperstar

6 minutes ago, wesuperstar said:

that´s really sad to hear, didn´t know that. my rig can handle max 1.25 upscaling. but to achieve a result like msaa x4 i have to upscale x2.0. that´s too heavy

Do the AA settings still blur the images at all like before update ? what is the best AA option to use ? cheers

20 minutes ago, wesuperstar said:

i had this too, i think i fixed it with eye adaptation or ambient occlusion. i don´t konow anymore. i have both on now. and did you clear old configs?

I didnt clear old conf

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Id be very surprised if you saw no improvement.. You will need to run on lower settings and reset your appdata via the graphics menu reset

I've got an FX6300 + GTX 750 TI, 25~ fps with 1600x900 & low settings. I was very hyped about V8 but nothing changed in my case, I love this game but can't play it...