Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

Thr34t   

i5-2500k

8GB DDR3

GeForce 780 GTX

V7: Min FPS 20ish, usually sat around 25-35, once in a while got to 40

V8: Min FPS 40ish, usually sitting around 55-60, once in a while get 65-80

Up 20 on the minimum, which puts me from having a minimum that felt unplayable to having a minimum that is comfortable.

Average FPS makes the game feel very smooth and much more immersive.

The fact that I do get the occasional 65-80 FPS makes me feel that my FPS is more dependent on my hardware and less on game related bottlenecks.

Great job guys, looking forward to the free weekend. These new people are going to see Squad and not believe that it is still in Alpha, this patch was next level. The only concern I have now is that there won't be enough servers to support the load of people that will come in.

Its definitely better now. FPS stays in the 50-60 margin away from the action. While in combat with smokes, heaps of players and vehicles driving around I get 40-50.

Intel Core i7 3770k 3.4Ghz

GTX 980

8GB Ram

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Ratface   

Just got done squad leading 3 rounds with some awesome team mates, loving the new UI and compass, makes squad leading a lot easier than it was. Thank you ^^

eggman   

Great update, thanks for the hard work. Got a couple rounds in, good performance, no major issues encountered in ~90 minutes of play. Well done, thanks again.

Cheers,

eggman

F*#k me I thought It's gonna drop on the 10th of Nov.

Daaaamnn sonnn!! Amazing update super dope, I literally read the whole update changelog while driving to work lolz. 

Cant wait to download when I get home, I'm off tomorrow & after tomorrow, the update dropped perfectly on time.

Best regards to the devs for their continued 

Sexy work, & the lovely community.

Got to sniff couple of lines ;) to keep my eyes  peeled in them war battles.

All this positive feedback :) I hope the steam reviews improve as well. I'm stuck at work but will put sleeping medicine into my family's food when I get back

Edited by fatalsushi

49 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

All this positive feedback :) I hope the steam reviews improve as well. I'm stuck at work but will put sleeping medicine into my family's food when I get back

lol

Zenrique   

Great job devs, stellar version, loved it all up to now! Few bugs but nothing game breaking, game feels much improved overall, impressive. Loved the PR feelings now and then during matches!! O/

This is great. Some maps I get 90fps average now. Maps with a lot of foliage I get around 65fps average. Lowest fps count I've seen was 45fps during a major close quarters firefight. The new lighting and fog makes it so I don't have to supersample to make it look good at 1440p. Now I just hope we get even more optimization in the future. Often my GPU usage drops to 50% to 60% (meaning there's a bottleneck) and I get stuck at 60fps to 70fps which is decent, but my goal is to have a 100+fps average on all maps and not see it dip below 80 or 90 with normal gameplay, and not see it drop below 60 or 70 in extremely heavy firefights. If anyone is managing to get my goal fps please tell me your system specs.

And my one major disappointment is that we still don't have freelook. Freelook is the number 1 thing I currently want, and I'm afraid that the devs are going to leave it 'til the end.