Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 8.8

282 posts in this topic

I noticed "Steam user application data can now be reset via the game settings panel by clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window. This requires a restart of the game and we highly suggest everyone does it at least once to clear old obsolete settings from your config."  Is that the same as deleting my  Squad folder in %localappdata% ? or do we still have to delete this folder manually ?

15 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

I noticed "Steam user application data can now be reset via the game settings panel by clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window. This requires a restart of the game and we highly suggest everyone does it at least once to clear old obsolete settings from your config."  Is that the same as deleting my  Squad folder in %localappdata% ? or do we still have to delete this folder manually ?

This is the same, but much more accessible

59 minutes ago, sturdypencil said:

I'm still  downloading. I run on a fx 6300 hoping for a better frame rate at least!!!

FX 6300 here too. Very dissapointed, I really expected this update to bring a noticeable improve in our frames but... still 25fps in a combat zone

Hurray! :D

Can't wait for this to finish downloading and check how the many new frames we get.

Question though. Was every single thing in this recap in the update? So we now have all those different variations of Fools Road?

WHO said "russians are sometimes right" ??? WHICH DEV DARES to claim that russians are mostly wrong??? o_O :P

8 minutes ago, loxiw said:

FX 6300 here too. Very dissapointed, I really expected this update to bring a noticeable improve in our frames but... still 25fps in a combat zone

I used to get 25 fps with my fx 6300 now I receive almost an average of 40!

2 minutes ago, justachap said:

Hurray! :D

Can't wait for this to finish downloading and check how the many new frames we get.

Question though. Was every single thing in this recap in the update? So we now have all those different variations of Fools Road?

The recap is an overview of the update :D

Those fools road layers look totally epic

Just now, sturdypencil said:

I used to get 25 fps with my fx 6300 now I receive almost an average of 40!

40fps when you're in combat? :o Which GPU?

Hello and welcome to Squad @loxiw,

10 minutes ago, loxiw said:

did you follow the suggestion in the recap?

Steam user application data can now be reset via the game settings panel by clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window. This requires a restart of the game and we highly suggest everyone does it at least once to clear old obsolete settings from your config.

Very Nice !!!

I downloaded the V8 but my server browser is completely empty ... impossible to see a server ;'(

Someone has the same problem?

(Show Different Version and Show Empty Servers are checked)

Edited by Palermo

12 minutes ago, Palermo said:

Very Nice !!!

I downloaded the V8 but my server browser is completely empty ... impossible to see a server ;'(

Did you ever participate in any of the closed *betas* / public tests?

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

12 minutes ago, Palermo said:

Very Nice !!!

Same problem here mate, one of the reasons I stopped playing for a while was the FPS issues (and everyone crashing after every match and needing to rejoin) and the server browser taking ages to populate.

Looking at the changelog it looked like they fixed all of the issues I had with the game, but now I don't see anything in the server browser either.

5 minutes ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Did you ever participate in any of the closed *betas* / public tests?

absolutely not !

Just now, Palermo said:

absolutely not !

Just checking, if you had then you might have still been on the steam beta version.

have you checked the custom server list?

35 minutes ago, beginna said:

Hello and welcome to Squad @loxiw,

did you follow the suggestion in the recap?

Hello and thanks! I tried clearing the cache but there isn't much difference, the frames remain at 25 fps~ :(

4 minutes ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Just checking, if you had then you might have still been on the steam beta version.

have you checked the custom server list?

I have participated in none any beta version. The custom server list is  also empty :(

So much good stuff. Optimization, rocket techie, CROWS, that sweet looking lighting pass...., menu/server browser overhaul, and more goodness. I'm excited to check this update out.

1 hour ago, Motherdear said:

This is the same, but much more accessible

Thx, a good needed feature, cheers