DesmoLocke

Sat. 29 Oct 2016 Alpha 8 Play Test Feedback

Post good and bad feedback here from today's Alpha 8 play test. provide screenshots and share system information. It's tremendously helpful. Thank you.

IF you have video feedback, please upload to YouTube as Unlisted and provide to link to @Karm

CPU: 4790K

GPU: 980Ti

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

RAM: 32GB @2400MHz

Performance seems improved. Getting higher average FPS all around. Although, I play capped at 60 in borderless, so I only notice dips below 50.

Found this

0MI7h3X.png

Tokki   

CPU: i5 4570

GPU: EVGA GTX680 4GB FTW

HDD: WD Black

RAM: 16GB @ 2133

Played at resolution of 2560x1080

Performance? Hell Yeah. When testing at Sumari AAS V2, I am getting about 40-45fps at EPIC setting at Maxed server, which would have been like.... 20~30 in v7.

Best thing is, I can lower some graphic settings and actually make it stable 60+ fps to make my game smooth.

I don't think i can play on v7 servers until this is fully implemented

cribbaaa   

CPU: 4690K @ 4,2Ghz

GPU: 980

SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz

I get anything from 45-80 fps, but it's mostly stable around 55~, this was with everything set to Epic + 1.25 resolution scale with 70 players on Chora.

Thr34t   
1 hour ago, Chap said:

Very strange animation ACOG If after races bring closer.

Something was lost in translation.

Очень странно анимация ACOG Если после гонки приблизит?

Edited by Thr34t

mastah4   

CPU: Intel i5 [email protected] 4.4Ghz

GPU: R9 390

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 256GB

RAM: 8GB @2400MHz

Performance is muuuuch better in comparasion to V7 and even V6. 60-100 fps most of the time. It went down to 50 during the rocket techie spam on Chora INS (I was standing right next to it). And to 40 when a whole squad smoked the area we were in on Fool's Road AAS3 (The new layer).

I was really sceptical about the lighting on Kohat after I saw it in the monthly recap but once I played that map myself I must admit it is top-notch, love it. However what I really dislike is the fog on Samurai, to me its just a fake distance limiter and its painful to shoot.

Bugs I got during my 3,5hrs of playing (all of them have been forwared to a member of the QA team):

[Scoreboard] Some players score was a huge negative number - known

[Graphics] Disabled Motion blur but it was still on - had to alter the ini file and put the motion blur quality to 0 - im sure devs are aware of this

[Server Browser] Playtest EU, players 63/72. Couldn't join

[Client Performance] Micro stuttering on Chora Insurgency, probably because of the rocket techie spam (devs already aware of this), but also the very same micro stutter whenever something got built and whenever an SL deploys an unbuilt thing.

[Server Performance] On Fool's Road AAS 3 there was a lag and rubberbanding for everyone that lasted for like 20 seconds - the server box was of a red color during that time.

[Medic System] After being revived my controls were blocked - couldn't move and aim. Pressing Escape twice fixed this. Happened twice during my 3,5hr playtime, never happened to me in V7.

Edited by mastah4

8GB RAM
i5 4590
R9 290
Windows 10

Played on Fools Road with 70 players
45-50 FPS in deep foresty hill top areas 60-65 FPS in valleys and buildings

Played on Kohat with 65 players
75 FPS in valleys and villages, 55-60 FPS on hill tops looking far into the distance

Not much, but a little fooling around in online servers.. Suicidical car driving in aprox. 65 players OP 1st light. 58..62 fps. Dipped while jogging at FoolRoad somewhere to 40fps momentarily at few times, but server weren't full.

i5-4690k / GTX760 / 1680x1050 / 16Gb ram / Win7 HomePre / Sub standard (=cheap) IP connection / High settings.

I must say that this new build feels solid and smooth (and have a few more FPS in general), much more than the one I played online last time longer than 5 minutes hmm.. v2 or 3 I quess. Looks good too, sounds are odd mess compared some old builds where they were actually usefull for orienteering and scouting.

Smoke nades are still problem it seems and dropping fps from 10 to 20 depending situation.

It is possible to get stuckt under the Humvee (or what ever agronym for modified humvee is used)

In offline Jensens Range Russian mounted heavy machine gun (DERPsomething) have sights really off shooting above atleast one body measure at 50 meters. Intentional?

The map screen have issues with the difference in mouse control, I run atm. mouse at ~7500dpi and the game sensitivity at 0.03 and the map screen is almost uncontrollable, without DPI change from mouse. Same issue with that circular navigation thingy, were it called piemenu.

"Minimap" is not zoomed by mouse wheel, instead when mouse wheel is used the weapons are cycled.

To my ear the radio volume settings didn't do much adjustment. I tried to get more sound clarity to team radio over local,  without much success.

There is no tow car to pull out my unfortunate Doyoda from top of the steelpipes where it did get stuckt (just like in RL!).

OP 1st light is pretty, but have too much buildings, (I were a fan good old Forest map without silly buildings to fortify and thick bushes) :D

Overall, I expect a solid gaming atleast exactly same machine as I have. Performance update were badly needed and seems to be succesfull. Good work. +1

PS. I did try to burn myself on top of those flaming barrels, but it seems that the new army  clothings are really fireproof.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

TheNirl   

Performance seems stellar compared to V7.

Experienced microstuttering.

Prone-to-crouch is still unresponsive.

i5 3570k

8gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz

gtx 970

Edited by TheNirl

Performance was vastly improved. I normally have to run all low with Smooth's ultra low custom settings just to get 35-45 FPS.  With A8, I was getting 50+ FPS on EPIC (No AA, Motion Blur, or supersampling). When can this alpha become gold!?!?!!?! SUPER EXCITED!!!

I'm running a dinosaur of a rig as well:

i5-2500k

GTX 770

1680x1050

5 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

Post good and bad feedback here from today's Alpha 8 play test. provide screenshots and share system information. It's tremendously helpful. Thank you.

IF you have video feedback, please upload to YouTube as Unlisted and provide to link to @Karm

CPU: 4790K

GPU: 980Ti

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

RAM: 32GB @2400MHz

Performance seems improved. Getting higher average FPS all around. Although, I play capped at 60 in borderless, so I only notice dips below 50.

Found this

0MI7h3X.png

What resolution are you running Des? That makes a world o' difference.

Thr34t   
23 hours ago, Chap said:

Sorry, not very well translated) I hope you understand what I mean after watching the video. 

-snip-

P.S There is another problem with the this sight. Look at the red dot.

-snip-

The top one looks intentional as a way  to better balance ACOGs. The second one looks like they were trying to do the same affect but it looks kinda buggy.

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHZ
RAM: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970

All Settings Set To Epic

Consistently got 50-70 fps on all maps EXCEPT Gorodok. 35 fps on Gorodok.

*Player Camera seems off inside Humvee Driver and Technical Driver

*Several Players in my clan froze for more than 30 seconds and had 1 FPS during a match.
*Squad Leader UI Wouldn't Go Away (This wasn't a consistent bug)
*Can shoot through Humvee glass if standing next to the window

Pretty much all the bugs I encountered. Performance was a lot better and this really made the game feel brand new. Not sure why but I had more fun today than I've had in awhile on Squad.

Romby   
7 hours ago, Thr34t said:

The top one looks intentional as a way  to better balance ACOGs. The second one looks like they were trying to do the same affect but it looks kinda buggy.

It is intentional. Was written by a developer or closed alpha tester on discord. Was added to all weapons when moving to give a stationary player an advantage over moving player.  the jiggle stays longer after you stop moving for acog to balance these to iron sight weapons. 

MadMak   

Kohat: statturing, squad members doesn't show up on compass

Chora: heavy statturing with sound crackling

First Light: okish

The statturing and sound crackling are the worst. Sound issues like no explosion sounds and crackling are present since v7. The FPS overall is around 50, sometimes 30, sometimes 70, depends on the map, players and amount of shooting around you.

i5 [email protected], GTX970, Asus Xonar DSX sound card + UNi Xonar Drivers, 8Gb RAM, SSD, Win10

Edited by MadMak

Trancer   
42 minutes ago, MadMak said:

The statturing and sound crackling are the worst. Sound issues like no explosion sounds and crackling are present since v7. The FPS overall is around 50, sometimes 30, sometimes 70, depends on the map, players and amount of shooting around you.

i5 [email protected], GTX970, Asus Xonar DSX sound card + UNi Xonar Drivers, 8Gb RAM, SSD, Win10

Please clear out your AppData/Local/Squad directory.  You could be running with older settings.

MadMak   
Just now, Trancer said:

Please clear out your AppData/Local/Squad directory.  You could be running with older settings.

I did it in v7 and I did it right after v8 download

23 minutes ago, MadMak said:

could you pls make screenshots of your settings? Esp. Graphics and Audio would be interesting. Thx

Trancer   
25 minutes ago, MadMak said:

Also please go into details about exactly what you are experiencing and when it started occurring.  Was it occurring early in a-7 or just with the latest patch or has it always been an issue in a-7 and a-8?

Which weapons or sounds does it tend to happen with?

16 hours ago, mastah4 said:

[Medic System] After being revived my controls were blocked - couldn't move and aim. Pressing Escape twice fixed this. Happened twice during my 3,5hr playtime, never happened to me in V7.

Had this happen to me just last night on V7, at least now I know how to get out of it but then I just did a "Suicide".