Sign in to follow this  
Revy

Squad Leaders

So maybe you should get rid of the ability to pick squad leaders without their consent.

Not crazy about racist abuse for my accent because someone else decided I should be squad leader.

If it was someone else on your squad spewing racist remarks, you could have kicked them as the new SL and alerted a server admin if one was on.

If it was another SL in the command chat, then a server admin would need to step in. 

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I should have done something.

Victim blaming mentality. I didn't ask to be SL, there shouldn't be an option to auto-make someone SL.

Victim blaming mentality. I didn't ask to be SL, there shouldn't be an option to auto-make someone SL.

Someone has to do it. What should happen, when a sl leaves his squad? Should they discuss it for 10 minutes, who wants to be sl? The only thing i would found usefull: automatically picked up sls should also have the slkit automatically. As desmo said: kick those asses from your squad and report them to the admins

6 hours ago, Planetgong said:

Someone has to do it. What should happen, when a sl leaves his squad? Should they discuss it for 10 minutes, who wants to be sl? The only thing i would found usefull: automatically picked up sls should also have the slkit automatically. As desmo said: kick those asses from your squad and report them to the admins

There's still the hunch of abuse available even with that, with everyone but 2 alive guys leaving the squad for an instant kit... But something like this could work. 

Would a squad-wide popup of "Squad Leader has changed" or "Planetgong has been automatically assigned Squad Leader" help? It would go across to other squad members too, to avoid that confusion of "omg sl has wrong kit" or "wtf bad sl where rally point" . Which, you know doesn't happen to people who are on track of what's going on but still happens. 

Could also pop up for other SLs that "Squad 2's Squad Leader has changed" to keep them on board if there's disconnects etc. so they could brief the new SL quick on what's going on. But with this, you'd get that additional clutter of shite on your screen for relatively little info and there may be lots of it if the SL gets juggled around properly... 

@Revysorry to hear that. Should never happen and most admins are glad to give the ol' boot for that. 

Edited by SgtHerhi

4 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

Since I've re-joined playing the game, I've seen a trend of Starting up a Squad, then dumping the SL position to someone else once the squad is full. 

This rustles my jimmies so bad it's unreal. May any God of their choice be on their side if/when that happens in a squad I join and the SL kit lands on me (usually does, thanks tags). 

I guess I get the thinking that "no one's making a squad, I'll just make one and when it's full I'll drop it on someone to get the game going" but that really just leads into chaos 95% and tossing the SL kit around from one unwilling person to the next of the time. If you're a minute late to the game start because you don't have any SLs then too bad, someone will always step up to get enough squads going, but this is NOT the way to do it. 

Edited by SgtHerhi

9 minutes ago, SgtHerhi said:

This rustles my jimmies so bad it's unreal. May any God of their choice be on their side if/when that happens in a squad I join and the SL kit lands on me (usually does, thanks tags). 

I guess I get the thinking that "no one's making a squad, I'll just make one and when it's full I'll drop it on someone to get the game going" but that really just leads into chaos 95% and tossing the SL kit around from one unwilling person to the next of the time. If you're a minute late to the game start because you don't have any SLs then too bad, someone will always step up to get enough squads going, but this is NOT the way to do it. 

haha I've noticed that too. If they do it to me, I kick them out the squad.

7 hours ago, Revy said:

Saying this is victim blaming is like if a big strong man says he's been raped by a little girl. The man could fight back, walk away or hold the girl down and call the cops. In your case you have all the power, you are the SL so you have several different options:

A) kick the guy(s) making fun of you from your squad

B) report it to an admin to get the guy(s) kicked from the server

C) pass on the problem by giving the SL role to someone else

D) ask if anyone else wants to be SL, if not and if you  really dont want it then do E.

E) leave the squad and join another

There is nothing wrong with the current system, the problem lies with asshole players and with inexperienced players who chooses to stay in a dead squad or in a squad with a bad SL.

I agree with Gorzu.

I understand you are shocked. Rasist abuse isnt nice. But just know that 99% of players will support you in this case if you kicked him from your squad. Kick him from squad and ask if someone else will be SL. If you are lucky he will TK you and admins will ban him and share ban with other popular servers :).