Sign in to follow this  
charliebrownau

fans wanting harder and more tactical elements back

I came across this great thread on ubisoft forums

for PC hardcore fans wanting harder and more tactical

elements back into the tom clancy series

of course they are claiming we are console bashing

Anyone else remember the PROPER tatical Rainbow Six

rogue spear and raven shield and GR1 ORG experience ?

Its great to see stuff SQUAD , INSURGENCY , Ground Branch

and Arma 3 pickup the slack when major AAA companies refuse

to listen to hardcore pc fans

The Cold Hard Truth For Ubisoft & Constructive Criticism

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1350366-The-Cold-Hard-Truth-For-Ubisoft-amp-Constructive-Criticism

I think nowadays, AAA companies want to appease the casual/players who never plays early/precious games, so that way they can get huge profit with minimal effort while getting away from the traditional gameplay in the process and only listen to minori...u..u..I mean "hardcore" players if they(devs.) don't any clear direction for the game they're trying to make.

Current AAA developers want to follow the COD strategy of making a console engine that is portable to PC, and then update that engine every year to resell the same game with new textures and maps for $60+.  

Besides squad and some half way decent ARMA mods, we havent seen anything at the level of BF1942, Rainbow Six :RS, or COD4 since they were released.  

We could start a new Kick Starter campaign for a hard core FPS game.....So hard core it breaks new ground in the genre...:)

This was called Capitalism. 

Company want money. They dont care about people. 

Glad we have our OWI. And wish them long and good life. And resist against that capitalism mentalism. :D

Just for sure .. Capitalism !=  Freedom !=  Democracy. Those 3 things are totally different. But at those times they are mixed together. 

5 hours ago, XRobinson said:

We could start a new Kick Starter campaign for a hard core FPS game.....So hard core it breaks new ground in the genre...:)

I'm quite interested to know what is idea/theme that could make a big change in the market.

On 10/22/2016 at 2:22 AM, charliebrownau said:

Yesssss I remember :(:(

I hear that theme pick up and immediately start sobbing a little. Man I loved that game. 

Edited by DocEast

On 11/1/2016 at 1:12 PM, Catindabox said:

This is why indie developers and smaller studios are the future of PC gaming

Quite agree, but it will take a while till AAA publisher to die.

5 hours ago, Dennisz125 said:

Quite agree, but it will take a while till AAA publisher to die.

Not very long considering things like Squad and Star Citizen on the rise with huge success. Some of the biggest, most trending games of the past 10 years have been indie (minecraft? Remember that little project?)

Dont think big studios will die or their marketing scheme to vanish, Indie companies are just filling a void AAA studios left, and I think both will coexist in the future, each catering for different target consumers.

1 hour ago, Zenrique said:

Dont think big studios will die or their marketing scheme to vanish, Indie companies are just filling a void AAA studios left, and I think both will coexist in the future, each catering for different target consumers.

yes totally my thoughts too..  EA for example knows exactly what they are doing and how to do it.. and do it well. Just check their stock prices!

http://prntscr.com/d2f24c

I do think there is a less money rich gap for indies like ours to exist.. kind of in the genre cracks where there is more than enough for us to sustain ourselves in terms of player base. I mean.. EA knows who we are and what we are doing.. if their was a big enough market there they would likely try to capture it.. 

one thing is for sure..  they are a big damn ship with big damn budgets now.. the feeding grounds for them needs to be very very very rich in order to sustain themselves. However.. alot of the stuff i have seen them do peripheral to the game itself that they release leads me to believe they are in a cycle of actually leaning down their post game launch costs and external appendages and focusing on the game as an experience.. more like a movie or a netflix series you can binge on for a few weeks and be satisfied.  (and people are frankly eating it up)

my two cents anyway. 

On 22.10.2016 at 1:22 AM, charliebrownau said:

Sure, grew up with R6 and Ghost Recon back then and it was always a though challenge to win the first R6 jungle recon mission.

R6 Raven Shield was the masterpiece of that series, then the gerne turned into nonstop action like rainbox six vegas or ghost recon advanced warfighter.

However, if you compare the original R6 games to PR gameplay (what squad is based on obviously), PR still offers a way sweeter spot between arcade and realism gameplay. Thus, if Squad gets as slow as R6, I could imagine most people that came here for a PR successor would find the game to be too slow.