Sign in to follow this  
Rainmaker

Friendly Fire in Main Base

Couple of days ago, I decided to play Squad again after much time, I racked up 1000 hours so far. Seeing all kinds of people in this game / community. 

I joined FUBAR groups server with two of my friends from my unit. We spawn on main, the round just started and everybody is spawning there. I create a squad naming it in style "clan only", people join so I kick them out except 2 of my friends. I claim a technical for us, we go in to drive off main towards the objective and just as I am turning the engine on, we get shot in the back, so now we are bleeding. We exit the vehicle, we patch ourselves and we go in the vehicle again, and................ we get shot in the back again. Bleeding again......

At this point I am thinking to myself (as I am exiting and patching myself, again) am I stupid enough to play this bullshit with these kind of people, or these people who are there are just gaming ****wits on speed, who are there to ruin everything, in the end whats the point, why am I there, to be bullied by a system that allows it?
So, I made sure I reload to have 1 extra bullet, and I started mowing down every single one of them in main ie. I teamkilled everyone that was in my field of view to protect myself and my squad so we can drive off and start playing normally. At that moment I got auto-kicked because of too much teamkills I believe. It was well worth it, got a huge weight of my heart after I done them... 

So ....

My suggestion and an easy solution to this problem is:

Make damage made to the friendlies come back at you. So if someone shoots at you, they do not deal damage to you but themselves. And this would only be active in main base. After you exit main base protective bubble, teamkill system work as they do now.

There is a name for this but I don't know how its called, I have seen this kind of things in other games aswell, I hope this gets implemented in Squad.

On top of this, I believe enough time passed from the steam release that we can finally have an option to lock our squad.

Rain

40 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I started mowing down every single one of them in main ie. I teamkilled everyone that was in my field of view to protect myself and my squad so we can drive off and start playing normally. At that moment I got auto-kicked because of too much teamkills I believe. It was well worth it, got a huge weight of my heart after I done them... 

You're part of the problem. 

Just now, LMR Sahara said:

You're part of the problem. 

No I am not, I am being shot at, I am going to defend myself.

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

No I am not, I am being shot at, I am going to defend myself.

I know having "Locked" squads with your friends is a desire, but when you go ahead and mow down everyone in your vicinity just because ONE guy shot at you from the back considering you were making a 3 man only squad and using a vehicle.

Team killing is NEVER acceptable with the exception of a select few circumstances. You should've reported this to an admin, or get down the player's steam ID and report it to the server host if he is not available. Taking out your "Self defense" on everyone else will just get you banned, and ruin everyone else's experience. Not cool. 

EDIT: I do like your idea however when it comes to the friendly fire in main base being directed back to you, and then things going back to normal as you leave main. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

1st - System is not working - I don't see who exactly team killed or shot us, its just bunch of laughing randoms behind me when I turn and look who shot us in the back
2nd - We claimed 1 techie which fits 3 persons, and thats my whole squad, (which is probably more valuable than 10 randoms for me as a squad leader, because I know their personalities, potential and capabilities), at that play session, whats the problem?
3rd - I think if a person can open an steam an account, and pay for the game I can assume that person is educated and can read, and I believe he can also read the name of my squad "Clan Only" and make a conclusion that I only want to play with my unit and not other people, and respect that and not join. 
4th - That being said, I am long past that I need to explain myself for my every action in the game. For this instance is when I kick a random person because they cannot read the squad name. So I reserve my right not to waste my time to explain every little action I am doing but to focus my time and energy on squad leading, which I enjoy doing, with proper people.

Edited by Rainmaker

So lemme get this right..... Your more important than these 10 dudes. So its terrible when they TK you (which as you stated, you didn't know who killed you, could of been one dude, could of been the collective team) but you should be lauded a hero for mowing down your team AT THE START of a game? I agree, locked squads would be cool. But then you get Elitist dudes like you who would kill there entire team so that they can play the Techie role......... You are most certainly part of the problem and no better than the TK'rs you mention if that is the case. Instead of being a good squad lead and explaining your reasoning, you just start booting/tking people. That's atrocious..... then to top it all off you decide to post it on here like its accepted within the community that you in particular are exonerated from the same moral rules then every other player is rather dictated too. LMR Sahara is completely right. You should of done what every other decent player does. Gather as much info for the server admins, including screenshots, steam id's and shadowplay footage preferably. Then got their ass's banned form the server. Now your banned from one server, and after posting it on the Public forums that you intentionally merked your entire team AT THE START of a game......... well best of luck buddy i'm sure ALOT of server admins have seen this........

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

My suggestion and an easy solution to this problem is:

Make damage made to the friendlies come back at you. So if someone shoots at you, they do not deal damage to you but themselves. And this would only be active in main base. After you exit main base protective bubble, teamkill system work as they do now.

There is a name for this but I don't know how its called, I have seen this kind of things in other games aswell, I hope this gets implemented in Squad.

On top of this, I believe enough time passed from the steam release that we can finally have an option to lock our squad.

Rain

In case you decide to grab 1 word out of context again maybe you should focus on a solution and not a blame.

Quoted myself for you,
You are welcome.

Only in your wildest of dreams (and not even then because I am not payed to do that) would I waste my time and resources by doing all of that, which might all be in vain in the end.

Edited by Rainmaker

So because you have thought of a solution to the problem (which has already been discussed for months) that should exonerate you from the situation that you put yourself in? In doesn't change that you..... lets quote this i guess.....

So, I made sure I reload to have 1 extra bullet, and I started mowing down every single one of them in main ie. I teamkilled everyone that was in my field of view to protect myself and my squad so we can drive off and start playing normally. At that moment I got auto-kicked because of too much teamkills I believe. It was well worth it, got a huge weight of my heart after I done them... 

So let me get the context right...... you killed your entire team, then thought "they should lock squads" and now suddenly everything's better?

Edited by Cpl.Clerky

And lets not forget, this wasn't at the end of a game. This was AT the start... lemme quote you again...

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

We spawn on main, the round just started and everybody is spawning there.

Just so i don't miss the context..... Game just started...... Someone TK's you (probably cause you booted a load of people from a squad) so you retaliate by attacking EVERYONE in sight......... think to yourself a handy little feature that would of stopped that.... now everythings kosher? You potentially spoiled your entire teams game, and soiled the result for your opponents, because you couldn't have a locked squad?

Lets not forget the potential impact it would of had on FUBAR's server in terms of people DC'ing due to a MASS teamkiller killing people AT THE START of a game. Just using caps to highlight my point. As you've completely missed it.

Edited by Cpl.Clerky

Ok, lets go back to elementary school and develope basic skill of making a conclusion.

By being able to lock a squad, people would not get butt hurt because they would not be able to join a squad in the first place. So, they would not be kicked out of if they are not in it in the first place. Conclusion: no butthurt people joining squads that want to play as a separate unit (which is nothing bad by the way).

If you want to concentrate on a blame game and not a solution, we can do that as well, so yeah, I killed maybe one third of my entire team (thats about 10 people) so we can leave the main base by not being shot in the back.

Edited by Rainmaker

And a solution has been discussed for months and months, the developers are working on it. Maybe you should of posted a solution to your issue, instead of posting a TK admission thread.

I explained a situation, if you do not know a situation you cannot know how to answer it and solve it.

26 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

1st - System is not working - I don't see who exactly team killed or shot us, its just bunch of laughing randoms behind me when I turn and look who shot us in the back

The entire reason you don't see who teamkilled you or if it was a teamkill at all is to prevent revenge teamkills. If you get teamkilled all admins on the server get a message saying who teamkilled who.

By the way, i went to Primary and secondary education, you just concluded i'm American by the use of Elementary school wrong basic conclusion Im British :) ........ Lets not get personal here or try to insult my intelligence. You are trying to deflect from the fact that you find it acceptable to TK people. You could have said, "someone TK'd me", and came to the same conclusion as you just did, the same fix, which has been discussed for months ever since the game first came out!, Check out the older posts in the Squad forums, or check out the Squad Discord to see your daily dose of feedback spam. But while you check these things out, Don't start finding it acceptable to TK people please. Cause i think you'll find most admins take a rather hard stance on it, whether you've been the victim of being TK'd or not......... Thats just my conclusion, having been on alot of squad servers, and also having been in contact with alot of admins for exactly the reason (being teamkilled intentionally) your giving. I however, never retaliated by killing my entire team at the start of the game. You'd have been banned from the majority of servers i know for simply posting that admittance here.....

15 minutes ago, ZachTheGunner said:

The entire reason you don't see who teamkilled you or if it was a teamkill at all is to prevent revenge teamkills. If you get teamkilled all admins on the server get a message saying who teamkilled who.

I understand, but it does not solve the problem. The person who was griefing us, was not killing us but wounding us so we were forced to patch ourselves. And this went on for 2 or 3 patches per person in my squad. So an Admin could not see that as a teamkill.

So, how I would like this particular situation to be is, if someone shoots a friendly in main all the bullet damage dealt is being given to him and not a friendly he targeted. And after you exit a protective main bubble, teamkill system works the same as it is working now.

I have seen many incidents like this happening in main base on a fresh round, we were only lucky to evade these incidents so far quick enough and not get involved, until now when somebody targeted us directly as a victim.

Edited by Rainmaker

27 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I understand, but it does not solve the problem. The person who was griefing us, was not killing us but wounding us so we were forced to patch ourselves. And this went on for 2 or 3 patches per person in my squad. So an Admin could not see that as a teamkill.

So, how I would like this particular situation to be is, if someone shoots a friendly in main all the bullet damage dealt is being given to him and not a friendly he targeted. And after you exit a protective main bubble, teamkill system works the same as it is working now.

I have seen many incidents like this happening in main base on a fresh round, we were only lucky to evade these incidents so far quick enough and not get involved, until now when somebody targeted us directly as a victim.

Hmm, alright I think your idea would actually work pretty well. Though still you shouldn't have teamkilled everyone behind you. Perhaps admins should get something where they can see every bit of damage done by exactly what players. That way if someone reports like intentional friendly fire or someone sabotaging a vehicle in main, the admins can search and see exactly what person did what damage and deal with it.

Teamkilling everyone was a childish response, I think you need to rethink your actions, locked squads could work but might be abused, but just because you came up with a cool little solution doesn't change the fact you teamkilled 10 people who may or may not have shot you

Edited by titanpilot321

25 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

Locked squads can't come soon enough.

Desmo'sLocked Squad :D

LxcHtto.png