Darman1138

Before everyone starts selling their extra game keys...

I've been thinking about organizing a give away promo on reddit in which we could use people's extra key codes. My thinking about why we, the community, would organize the event is because it would help show others just how much we want this game to succeed. I mean, how many other games have had a community organized code giveaway?

If you want to sell your code, I'm not trying to shame you into not doing that. If you want to sell it, by all means do that. You'll still be helping out Squad. Just letting everyone else know that there is another option.

Good to hear. I'd like to be able to get it together with more than just a couple of extra keys so hopefully there are more a few people out there who are thinking the same way.

Well it is a nice gesture but then again, everything alpha is testing mostly and if we get guys in here who are just there for "playing" maybe they should wait for early acess/ realease. Wow this sounds so negativ for such a positiv thing to do i fell bad for posting this :/

EDT: Maybe we could make a programm "train a newbee" and take them on the hand to let them know what they are getting and teach them the mechanics and try to get them to the forums. I would gladly participate in it!

I'm sure the core group of testers will be doing most of the actual testing. But I see what you mean. Might be better to hold onto the keys until Early Access and then do the promo to coincide with the EA debut.

Unless you could qualify the recipient in some way, I'd rather spare keys go to people who are ready to buy in, both fiscally and emotionally. Not just because I'm a cheap bastard, but because I've suffered through enough Free Weekends and Summer Sales that fill games with players with no commitment and no sense of responsibility. Flooding servers with nitwits will eventually lead to some who stick around, but most vanish. If you can't give your key away to a friend that you know will become a valued teammate, someone who is willing to buy at least is indicating a longer term interest.

Its an excellent idea for everyone who doesn't have a key. Those who have spare keys most likely have them for the reason of selling.

I'm sure the core group of testers will be doing most of the actual testing. But I see what you mean. Might be better to hold onto the keys until Early Access and then do the promo to coincide with the EA debut.

You totaly got what i meant, i mean you are awesome no doubt for your idea!!!

Unless you could qualify the recipient in some way, I'd rather spare keys go to people who are ready to buy in, both fiscally and emotionally. Not just because I'm a cheap bastard, but because I've suffered through enough Free Weekends and Summer Sales that fill games with players with no commitment and no sense of responsibility. Flooding servers with nitwits will eventually lead to some who stick around, but most vanish. If you can't give your key away to a friend that you know will become a valued teammate, someone who is willing to buy at least is indicating a longer term interest.

I agree with this. There's a reason why conferences and things of that nature are expensive. It shows that you're actually committed to it. The same applies here imo. I think having an exchange type site like stubhub would be nice. I'm not sure how many keys are out there; it seems like a lot of work for only a few people if that's the case.

Better off in some ways giving it to a steam friend who knows what to expect from a game like this.

Either that or make sure the people from the community you are giving it to understand what they are getting (in terms of gameplay, not just a bigger Battlefield 4 DLC that they run around and go pew pew)

Otherwise the receiver will just be disappointed/confused when the game behavior is completely different than what they expected- and stop playing- or even worse cause trouble.

What about some kind of competition, like a piece of Music/Drawing/UE4 map concept relating to Squad and hand the Key's out to the best entries.

I think i'd be willing to throw my Spare key in for something like that.