Jump to content
Peerun

Game got too fast

Recommended Posts

On 10/16/2016 at 4:14 PM, PorscheCaymanGT4 said:

How is that an issue? In real life the army taught us 5 second rush tactics. Sprint for 5 seconds drop prone cover and continue. Shoot move tactics are part of real life. I can sprint for 5 seconds with a 249 drop prone and produ,e very well accurate automatic fire suporession. It's not rocket science. Unless your a over weight fat body.

 

This is very well achievable in real life army's. And happens in combat all the time. 

 

This has nothing to do with what's actually happening in Squad CQB: you see an enemy, aim down sights and start firing, as he turns towards you just prone dive while still shooting and kill him. It has nothing to do with realism, tactics or anything else, it's just bad, cheap gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gun's barrel aims to the side when you crawl and there's also a bug where, if you aim down sights in prone, get up and then move forward it'll do the same thing once.
I think this might just be a remnant of an unfinished feature that makes your gun go sideways when moving from/into prone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banOkay said:

 

This has nothing to do with what's actually happening in Squad CQB: you see an enemy, aim down sights and start firing, as he turns towards you just prone dive while still shooting and kill him. It has nothing to do with realism, tactics or anything else, it's just bad, cheap gameplay.

^that

Plus, you can't realistically start shooting accurately in the very same moment as you hit the ground, I can't imagine how you could dive on the ground from sprint while your weapon remains shouldered and aiming at the exact same spot, the impact has to misalign your sights at the very least. A tiny change like a massively increased weapon sway for as little as 1 second after going prone would be way better than what we have now.

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

^that

Plus, you can't realistically start shooting accurately in the very same moment as you hit the ground, I can't imagine how you could dive on the ground from sprint while your weapon remains shouldered and aiming at the exact same spot, the impact has to misalign your sights at the very least. A tiny change like a massively increased weapon sway for as little as 1 second after going prone would be way better than what we have now.


Well, since the change to prone is pretty slow compared to diving, I think the devs are going for a left hand dive, where you hold the weapon with one hand during the animation so that should impart a LOT of sway and recoil and should be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2016 at 7:25 PM, Skul said:

@MultiSquid

Battlefield 2 is one of the best games ever made in numan history, that's for sure. Without Battlefield 2 they wouldn't make PR and Squad itself.

 

What you're saying, it's like saying that Terminator 2 led to Terminator 3 and therefore Terminator 2 is a bad movie(Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever made in human history).

 

It doesn't matter if Squad has 4 years in it or not. At some point of time it will and even if game will be the same in 4 years, people will play it completely differently compared to the current moment.

Couldn't disagree more.  It was the game that started the downward spiral that is the Battlefield franchise.  BF42 and BFV were the first and last great games.  Not to take away from Bad Company.  That was good also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, suds said:

fast is fun, there is always golf or the long awaited Retirement Home Sim for those who cant keep up :)

There's plenty of fast paced fps, not only this kind of games will become boring when you'll grow up, but most important thing we are on this game beacause we think it will be a lot different from CoD, isnt' it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

el pube this doesnt change the facts. Yes there are other games, we are talking about squad which has the potential to draw players from all games.

 

If it gets dragged down to arma speed the player base will suffer. Less servers, less variations, little chance of successful mod scene. 

 

It is vital that this game appeals to a large audience, if it goes too close too milsim it will lose the new younger players who just want action, us old folk might not cope well with the faster pace but this is where we should use our tactical experience and superior wisdom to win.  If it remains as middle ground many will complain but the playerbase will still be maximised. Mods and server settings will then have a chance to give the niche groups the playerbase to test variations and if successful will draw in players. Perhaps this will result is base game alterations. 

 

I love realism games but I am also impatient and my limited gaming time will never be wasted on game where I have to wait for action. Gaming is for fun, the fun part of gaming is action. Real life is outside, lets keep it there and concentrate on making the best gameplay possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suds said:

el pube this doesnt change the facts. Yes there are other games, we are talking about squad which has the potential to draw players from all games.

 

If it gets dragged down to arma speed the player base will suffer. Less servers, less variations, little chance of successful mod scene. 

 

It is vital that this game appeals to a large audience, if it goes too close too milsim it will lose the new younger players who just want action, us old folk might not cope well with the faster pace but this is where we should use our tactical experience and superior wisdom to win.  If it remains as middle ground many will complain but the playerbase will still be maximised. Mods and server settings will then have a chance to give the niche groups the playerbase to test variations and if successful will draw in players. Perhaps this will result is base game alterations. 

 

I love realism games but I am also impatient and my limited gaming time will never be wasted on game where I have to wait for action. Gaming is for fun, the fun part of gaming is action. Real life is outside, lets keep it there and concentrate on making the best gameplay possible.

I like your line of thoughts. That said, CQB tend to be fast always, it is just nature of it in gameworld where the opponent is human and with elementary knowledge we know that human that thinking monkey drops its pants down momentarily when suprised, which makes the fast suprising movement in CQB so effective. Now it can be made many ways, the run & gun action we should try to avoid. But fast sprint, stop, peek, shoot .. sprint stop crouch shoot style of gameplay if possible still allow.

 

I think also that the many objectives in the maps are hard to defend, they do not allow enough true cover for spotters, which makes effective pro-active defending much harder even on the well communicating crew. This makes rushing even more succesfull tactic, while if your defender (by location ie. nature formations, elevation, cover and lastly if nothing else is possible static weaponry) have upperhand then rushing only leads suicide. This kind of clever gamedesign in form of map design have huge impact how game flows.

 

I also like idea of the "precaptured" AAS caps at the beginning of the round with some neutral ones. It were actually a shocker to me that it were the "world is empty" heritage from BF franchise were allowed to move to SQ. The precaptured methology is one part of the classic AAS (Before PR version of it.).

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry mate but I disagree : I'm not here for a fast paced run 'n gun game, neither for a simulator, I'm here for a "slow" paced tactical game . A lot of players think SQUAD has to be Project Reality with new graphic and new possibilities like no other game out there, that's the game I would like.

 

But I understand your point about the number of players, the developers (many coming from PR dev team) have to find the way to maintain the interest of youngbloods and oldfarts, not an easy task.

Edited by El Pube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, El Pube said:

Sorry mate but I disagree : I'm not here for a fast paced run 'n gun game, neither for a simulator, I'm here for a "slow" paced tactical game . A lot of players think SQUAD has to be Project Reality with new graphic and new possibilities like no other game out there, that's the game I would like.

 

But I understand your point about the number of players, the developers (many coming from PR dev team) have to find the way to maintain the interest of youngbloods and oldfarts, not an easy task.

 

To base this game off Project Reality would be a huge compliment.  Squad right now, is a stepping stone toward it.  Though the content is seriously lacking right now, and hopefully with optimizations brings bigger maps with better layouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait until I have my Predator on station and zap your ass with my Hellfire while you are leaving in under 20 seconds from your main (gasp! how dare you so cheapen game play!!!) while sitting here in my underwear. 

 

Oh wait. I'm already in my underwear. Playing a VIDEO GAME!

 

Lighten up Francis' you are straining the old men's patience. B|

 

This game is a far cry from anything on the market. I have played with incredibly tactical squads and teams who PTFO in the right way, flanking, waiting, watching and implementing a strategy to win the round!

Edited by perpetuity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People themselves made it so.

Majority of players tend to fight in a fast pace.

 

Another thing is the game itself. Lack of contents.  But that can be fixed when time goes by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, El Pube said:

Sorry mate but I disagree : I'm not here for a fast paced run 'n gun game, neither for a simulator, I'm here for a "slow" paced tactical game . A lot of players think SQUAD has to be Project Reality with new graphic and new possibilities like no other game out there, that's the game I would like.

 

Mate, many of us here have also NOT come from a Cod background, so if your idea of Fast-Paced and Run-n-Gun is based solely on Cod then you've got your hands on the extreme end of the argument. Many of us here come from games that are, by some, considered "gamey" (lolz, woteva tht means) or "arcadey" but are nothing close to the (IMO) pile of steaming poo that is the entire CoD franchise - Cod is UnrealTournament trying to be a realistic FPS.

I'm here for the "medium-paced thinking FPS that is not a Mil-Sim" , which from my POV is what the Devs are generally aiming for at the end of the day -an accessible FPS shooter that requires some thinking and communication. I think they will actually end up with that but will also inadvertantly end up with a very ArmA-esque type experience as well - the proof will be in the balance of added Systems(logi etc) that overlay the basic FPS premise of the game.

You, looking for the "slow paced tactical game" will come across to some as wanting an ArmA style Mil-Sim (slow and tactical), you don't want it, as you've stated, but you will Sound like it to some (screams Mil-Sim to me btw).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×