-MG

People who ask for a RP/FOB

But don't listen to you when you tell them to regroup so you can place 1.... 

Yeah they suck all my blood out I am recovering from that, hence why I am taking a break from Squad.

We need an option to lock the god damn squad already.............

Wel do what i do guys :D, let your squad keep on spawning on main till ATLEAST one of 'em get's their lightbulb sparked and meets up with you.
Yesterday i played a game where i asked 4 times in 10 minutes to regroup on me for a rally, even a guy was 20m in my range and i ran to him to say to get in the compound with me for a rally. He just ****ed off -_-

I don't like that BF/COD mentallity, need more Squad/Arma mentallity. 

The Following Annoyances:

Folks that think RPs can be spammed at will not realizing there's timers

Folks who think RPs can be dropped anywhere on the map not realizing that you can't place them near enemies

Folks that think you can drop FOBs anywhere not realizing there's a distance requirement

SLs that are so focused on dropping FOBs (WITHOUT a Logi) that they forget the squad needs a RP

SLs that run the "Flag Denial" strategy, tells the squad to hold spawn...forgets to drop a RP before getting ripped to shreds deep in enemy territory

SLs that drop RPs on top of FOBs thus making it a pain to click on the RP until zoomed in and clicking nearby b/c sometimes it doesn't catch when the RP icon is on top of the FOB icon. It's not that difficult to simply walk a few feet then drop the RP.

Edited by STEALTHKILLER

Obviously, most players aren't willfully trying to hurt anyone else's gaming experience.  You can encourage struggling teammates to attend Basic Squad Ops training, kick them, or try to friend them.  I'm occasionally frustrated with other players, but not that often.  Its a good idea to find a clan or group of guys if goober teammates is a major issue for you.  Make sure and SL every chance you get.

1 hour ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

Obviously, most players aren't willfully trying to hurt anyone else's gaming experience.  You can encourage struggling teammates to attend Basic Squad Ops training, kick them, or try to friend them.  I'm occasionally frustrated with other players, but not that often.  Its a good idea to find a clan or group of guys if goober teammates is a major issue for you.  Make sure and SL every chance you get.

They're annoyances but nothing too serious...I still enjoy the game. The only time things get actually frustrating would be when playing with a team that refuses to talk to each other like this morning.  We were winning big time, team was able to steamroll a comeback based strictly on failed coms among squads.  Thankfully most players I've played with have not been goober.

2 hours ago, STEALTHKILLER said:

The Following Annoyances:

Folks that think RPs can be spammed at will not realizing there's timers

Folks who think RPs can be dropped anywhere on the map not realizing that you can't place them near enemies

Folks that think you can drop FOBs anywhere not realizing there's a distance requirement

SLs that are so focused on dropping FOBs (WITHOUT a Logi) that they forget the squad needs a RP

SLs that run the "Flag Denial" strategy, tells the squad to hold spawn...forgets to drop a RP before getting ripped to shreds deep in enemy territory

SLs that drop RPs on top of FOBs thus making it a pain to click on the RP until zoomed in and clicking nearby b/c sometimes it doesn't catch when the RP icon is on top of the FOB icon. It's not that difficult to simply walk a few feet then drop the RP.

+1 But i always place RP's far away from fob's to where there is least enemy activity. Other then that when someoen asks for a RP and there is a timer i call out how manny secs left or if there are enemies nearby.

1 hour ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

For me it's becoming more oftne of an issue lately dealing with teams that don't really talk or take instructions. I'm not much of a talkative person but i think that's good as a SL. That only means whenever a SL opens his mouth it means something important isbeing broadcasted and not some troll none sense or whatever :) 

This is the main reason my clan gave up on this game

We were sick and tired of walking for frak1NG MILES in the bloody game

I counted how long I had to walk once in game, it was 41 minutes in real life ,

just to get killed 3 minutes after finding the "squad mates"

Not being able to spawn on a squad leader had killed all enjoyment for this game

Heck even with Insurgency 2 you stay dead then spawn on once a base is capped in conquest

I know the PR purists are like this is PRv2 but I never played PR1 but I have played

R6 Rogue Spear , R6 Raven Shield , GR1 ORG ,  BF1942 , GRAW1/2 , Joint Ops ,BF BC2,  Swat 2/3, Arma 3 , Insurgency 2

I know once I had a small rally point I managed to build in a small shack over a ridge of a huge battle

people were joining my squad and with text chat and mic myself and another clan mate were asking

the pubs to stick around to help build a fob , 5 people joined, none stuck around
They all buggered off , one guy went to the window and opened up with an LMG

30 seconds later we are all dead and the guy then goes, why cant i spawn on you

we are all stuck at the start of the level again

This is not team work based gaming fun , the spawning mechanic seems broken

The only way it could work is if you had a squad of 6 to 12 friends

vs cpu ai , with a voip server running with good communication because

it seems the online pvp battles are no fun, but last time I checked squad didnt

support human vs ai battle coop/checkpoint mode

Dont get me started with the useless blo00dy medics in the game too

that are little upset snowflakes when you ask them to grow a pair and res me

instead of running for the hills like a scared little girl.......

Do I have to offer a box of candy to get a god damm res in this game too ?

Edited by charliebrownau

This is not like the other games that you have played. The only similar platform would be arma and only within the realm of certain game modes. This game is based on Project Reality, and if you have not experienced that then be prepared to experience something new. 

I see a number of you complaining about other players involved in their squads. Let me put this into perspective for you:

There are 9 random guys from all over the world who you have never met before, joining your squad. They have varying backgrounds, ages, squad/ PR experience. The goal of the squad leader is to be able to form these random players into a cohesive squad, within minutes. The main factor involved in doing this successfully is YOUR leadership abilities. If YOUR leadership abilities/ communications/ attitude leads to the members of your squad doubting your ability to squad lead, then they will not follow you, and will either leave your squad in search of a competent squad lead, or remain in your squad for their kits.

Yes, there are players who don't want to be involved in teamwork at all and will rambo in your squad. There are also many players who don't yet understand how a game like this is played. That said, the majority of players who join squad are in search of team work. If you present well and are confident in your communications, and your decisions are sound (generally based upon experience, though not always), then your average squad player will follow you.

Don't just expect people to fall in, and don't overestimate your own abilities. If squad leading isn't working out for you right now, join other squads as a squad member for a couple months until you feel yourself improved.

16 minutes ago, Br@nnen said:

This game is based on Project Reality, and if you have not experienced that then be prepared to experience something new. 

Exactly...

If you haven't played PR please go and download it... it's free and it's awesome...

That could save you a lot of pain and that's what Squad will be in the future: an enhanched Project Reality experience; if you don't like the way of PR mechanics, well... you can go back and play Battlefield or Insurgency...

SL automatic spawn will never be added to Squad, that's for sure...

51 minutes ago, Br@nnen said:

This is not like the other games that you have played. The only similar platform would be arma and only within the realm of certain game modes. This game is based on Project Reality, and if you have not experienced that then be prepared to experience something new. 

I see a number of you complaining about other players involved in their squads. Let me put this into perspective for you:

There are 9 random guys from all over the world who you have never met before, joining your squad. They have varying backgrounds, ages, squad/ PR experience. The goal of the squad leader is to be able to form these random players into a cohesive squad, within minutes. The main factor involved in doing this successfully is YOUR leadership abilities. If YOUR leadership abilities/ communications/ attitude leads to the members of your squad doubting your ability to squad lead, then they will not follow you, and will either leave your squad in search of a competent squad lead, or remain in your squad for their kits.

Yes, there are players who don't want to be involved in teamwork at all and will rambo in your squad. There are also many players who don't yet understand how a game like this is played. That said, the majority of players who join squad are in search of team work. If you present well and are confident in your communications, and your decisions are sound (generally based upon experience, though not always), then your average squad player will follow you.

Don't just expect people to fall in, and don't overestimate your own abilities. If squad leading isn't working out for you right now, join other squads as a squad member for a couple months until you feel yourself improved.

I only have 297 hours in the game, 100 hours as medic to learn the basics. 100 hours different roles .
97 SL ???, i'm sure i'm still a new B when it gets to the game considering the amount of hours and the fact that i have never played PR before.

I have no issue on how the game works, i always try to get in touch immediatly at the start of a round with the other SL's deciding where everyone is going and where we gonna place fob's. Then i brief the squad on where we gonna go, what we gonna do, and how we gonna defend a location. Once there, i remind everyone to call out any contacts so i can mark them. Mind you, i'm not a talkative person, i only speak when it's neccesary or commend someone on good efforts as finding/desotrying a fob or taking out a enemy vehicle. Also once in a while i ask other squads what their situation is and or request to hold position or send back up.

Trust me i always try to keep my squad informed so they know what to do. I also ask my SL once a while what the plan is, cuz a long time without directions makes you drift of into searching for enemes to kill just so you got something to do. 

But you must have misunderstood my initial post but i'll break it down for you so you can understand...

Player 1; SL can we have a rally
Me; Yeah sure, i need the closest person to me to regroup so i can put 1down.
Player 2; SL can we have a rally
Player 3; SL we have no rally anymore you know that right, can we have a new one
Player 4; SL there is no rally are you placing one ??
Player 5; SL can we have a rally
Me; *press ESC and Exit game*

Seriously dude....at that point i don't even respond anymore and don't care anymore either. 
But you got a point, from now off on i just welcome everyone in teh group and immdiatly tell them my expectations and consequences and if they don't like it they can leave immediatly those who will be obstructive will be kicked. 

Then again i have to admit it, sometimes i have teams in which everything goes perfect.
i can't deny that :D

Edited by -MG

11 minutes ago, -MG said:

Player 3; SL we have no rally anymore you know that right, can we have a new one

This game is about teamwork and communication. This thing happens on public servers and here is what I normally do (I don't play SL, I only play as a medic):

I open the map, search 2 or 3 players nearest to the SL and call them by name:

"Player X and player Y, head to squad lead for a rally, he's north/south/west/east of you"

By using their names, usually gets their attention (also giving SL's direction for them helps to save time). If that doesn't work after couple of attempts, I advise the SL to kick the trouble makers from the squad if they don't listen. 9/10 times we start to work together and in the end, win more matches.

Edited by DeckGunner

10 minutes ago, DeckGunner said:

This game is about teamwork and communication. This thing happens on public servers and here is what I normally do (I don't play SL, I only play as a medic):

I open the map, search 2 or 3 players nearest to the SL and call them by name:

"Player X and player Y, head to squad lead for a rally, he's north/south/west/east of you"

By using their names, usually gets their attention (also giving SL's direction for them helps to save time). If that doesn't work after couple of attempts, I advise the SL to kick the trouble makers from the squad if they don't listen. 9/10 times we start to work together and in the end, win more matches.

So, treating a soldier like an imbecile and special snowflake as if it is too much to ask that he follows the SIMPLEST order of all: "rally on me!"

That. That is all it should need and it should be immediately acknowledged on the radio and executed.

Why the **** would a SL need to give directions?! He is the one marked on the map for everyone to identify immediately!

SL (or anyone) gotta stop stop doing other soldiers homework. Challenge them, don't friggin pamper them like some binary, cross, trans, otherkin-Millennials who need a safe space because words do hurt.

I said it before, I say it again: It isn't rocket science.

And I won't bow down to the inabilities and/or laziness to some of those who picked the role of a soldier inside a squad with a leader.

A squad leader has enough to do and bears all the responsibility. If things go right it's "We did it!" if things go wrong it's "muh shit SL!".

When I pick SL, I repeat an order once or twice. If there is no communication, I drop the hammer and kick the guy.

Squad-Life is too short to waste it with people who are unable or unwilling to do the most basic soldiering, really.

17 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

So, treating a soldier like an imbecile and special snowflake as if it is too much to ask that he follows the SIMPLEST order of all: "rally on me!"

Except these aren't soldiers. These are guys and girls sitting at home on their computer without any military training. If they were soldiers, they would know what to do without asking. Some people need a nudge in the right direction.

Edited by DeckGunner

Problem is, its a playerbase problem. Its one of those problems that we just have to kind of endure for a while. The new v6 and especially the v7 players just need a good few yellings at. Not mean git-owt kind of yelling, but a LISTEN HERE BOY kind of yelling, the kind grandpa gave you when you were smashing things with a hammer.

Past two updates, i've ran training squads and it burnt me out and i came back and im wondering how the new Cities Skylines DLC is looking like. Most interactions go like this:

"hey SL, rally"

Literally by myself, we all died and im trapped in a box, spawn the fob in A7 and wiggle your way here

"k"

4 minutes later and im still surrounded by enemy

"hey we need a rally or FOB, like come on dude"

These people i kick, i've given up on trying to teach them. They've made me a cynical old crotchety man at the age of 24. The M button exists, use it and study it, gather up some common sense and don't give up so easily. Also if you go down, open your map what else do you have to watch? 

Going to start asking the RP requesters what game they were playing before v7 or v6 and base my angry old man views off that. 

NOW IF YOU SAY "SL DON'T FORGET A RALLY OR SOMETHING BEFORE WE GET SHOT" TO REMIND ME IN AN INTERROGATIVE TONE, I APPRECIATES THAT ABOUT YA

32 minutes ago, DeckGunner said:

Except these aren't soldiers. These are guys and girls sitting at home on their computer without any military training. If they were soldiers, they would know what to do without asking. Some people need a nudge in the right direction.

Then they shouldn't play games they are unfit for?

One doesn't have to be a RL soldier to play sufficient, btw.

Listening to someone saying "get over here", opening your map and navigating from your position to his hasn't anything to do with being a soldier, but with having a basically functioning brain, really.

I don't fly in DCS A10 when I don't know how to even start up the plane, expecting someone else to hold my hand and tell me how special I am and that I'm still a winner.

Squad is played best with people who know what they're doing and who know how to play the class they picked.

Can't do it?

Back to CoD then, please.

Edited by Lethargo

1 hour ago, -MG said:

I only have 297 hours in the game, 100 hours as medic to learn the basics. 100 hours different roles .
97 SL ???, i'm sure i'm still a new B when it gets to the game considering the amount of hours and the fact that i have never played PR before.

I have no issue on how the game works, i always try to get in touch immediatly at the start of a round with the other SL's deciding where everyone is going and where we gonna place fob's. Then i brief the squad on where we gonna go, what we gonna do, and how we gonna defend a location. Once there, i remind everyone to call out any contacts so i can mark them. Mind you, i'm not a talkative person, i only speak when it's neccesary or commend someone on good efforts as finding/desotrying a fob or taking out a enemy vehicle. Also once in a while i ask other squads what their situation is and or request to hold position or send back up.

Trust me i always try to keep my squad informed so they know what to do. I also ask my SL once a while what the plan is, cuz a long time without directions makes you drift of into searching for enemes to kill just so you got something to do. 

But you must have misunderstood my initial post but i'll break it down for you so you can understand...

Seriously dude....at that point i don't even respond anymore and don't care anymore either. 
But you got a point, from now off on i just welcome everyone in teh group and immdiatly tell them my expectations and consequences and if they don't like it they can leave immediatly those who will be obstructive will be kicked. 

Then again i have to admit it, sometimes i have teams in which everything goes perfect.
i can't deny that :D

That sounds 100%, just know that when I stated "YOUR" in my previous post this was directed at all readers, not anyone specifically.

The rally requests. This game is brand new and available on steam. In PR we had been playing the game for 10 years. A culture builds up and certain aspects become assumed knowledge, and by and large the general community gameplay is of a similar mode. 

Here, the community is new and made up of yes, some PR players, but also players from all other platforms. They have yet to gel as a community and develop similar modes of playing and fighting, as we are ALL getting used to "Squad" because it is new for all of us. I have played PR since 2008, and I feel like/ am a noob in squad. Some experience carries over however this is still a different game.

The fact that the game is available on steam and is openly advertised, leads not just to an influx of "Mil-Sim"/ "Teamwork Orientated" players who already are part of similar communities, but players of all ages and backgrounds who simply have been exposed to this style of gameplay for the first time in squad.

If people keep requesting rally's when it's not feasible, bite the bullet and explain to every request why you can't do it, as in the future, that player has now learnt another fact about the game and may become an asset in future matches who you will enjoy to play with.

When it comes down to getting squad members to rally on you, well I know situations call for various arrangements, but in general your squad shouldn't be more than say 30 metres from you at all times, unless you request a squad member(s) to detached and operate at a nominated position e.g. Overwatch, or you separate the squad into fire teams and nominate other fire team leaders within your squad, of who'm should always have their fire team within roughly 30 metres of them.

43 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

That. That is all it should need and it should be immediately acknowledged on the radio and executed.

Why the **** would a SL need to give directions?! He is the one marked on the map for everyone to identify immediately!

SL (or anyone) gotta stop stop doing other soldiers homework. Challenge them, don't friggin pamper them like some binary, cross, trans, otherkin-Millennials who need a safe space because words do hurt.

I said it before, I say it again: It isn't rocket science.

And I won't bow down to the inabilities and/or laziness to some of those who picked the role of a soldier inside a squad with a leader.

A squad leader has enough to do and bears all the responsibility. If things go right it's "We did it!" if things go wrong it's "muh shit SL!".

When I pick SL, I repeat an order once or twice. If there is no communication, I drop the hammer and kick the guy.

Squad-Life is too short to waste it with people who are unable or unwilling to do the most basic soldiering, really.

If you're objective based you should do all that is necessary to aid the squad into achieving the mission. If someone is inexperienced and a will hinder the squad in achieving the objective, move them to the rear or to a position where they can be of better use.

If they are deliberately RAMBOing e.g. No Comms/ ignoring team play/ complaining that there is too much chatter on squad radio, kick/ report them. The admins will watch them closer if you point these guys out.

25 minutes ago, DeckGunner said:

Yep, they could be a child or they could be a retiree. They could be retarded, or they could be an ex brain sergeon. I no cases is it necessary to disrespect them. Just play on.

4 minutes ago, Br@nnen said:

Yep, they could be a child or they could be a retiree. They could be retarded, or they could be an ex brain sergeon. I no cases is it necessary to disrespect them. Just play on.

Being unwilling to invest my free time and energy into teaching those who can't even grasp the absolute basics - for what ever reason - is "disrespecting" them?

I'd argue it is disrespectful to waste other peoples time by being a brick instead of help. That argument of "respect" works both ways.

And mind you, I'm not talking about simply new players, we all once started the game for the first time, I talk about those who are just unable, or unwilling.

If a guy connects, says "Hey, I'm new, what should I do?" I am the first one to help him out, guaranteed.

Why?

Because he immediately communicated, let the team know he is new and so everyone can adjust. He also asked what he can do for the team and not "muh were's da snip0r rifal!!11".

Do you see my point?

Also, children have NO place in this game, for multiple reasons.

This isn't a kids game, or would you say otherwise?

Edited by Lethargo

Yes, and I didn't say that you were disrespecting people for not spoon feeding them. I see your point.

I will talk about certain individuals who are part of the PR community who I've know for years. They simply never improved from being a noob, and some were stupid noobs at that. You cannot help these guys. They are just born ****wits.

My comment about respect would be an issue if while in game, you have one of these guys join your squad, and he ****s the situation, and you rage at them, then kick them.  

For the the guys who are just in that painful process of converting say from COD *Shudders*, when they are just realising what teamwork is, you can help them. It's almost like trying to help a junkie through rehab, it's possible, and when they're clean you can put them to use, e.g. Playing with them in the future.

4 minutes ago, Br@nnen said:

For the the guys who are just in that painful process of converting say from COD *Shudders*, when they are just realising what teamwork is, you can help them. It's almost like trying to help a junkie through rehab, it's possible, and when they're clean you can put them to use, e.g. Playing with them in the future.

I could, yeah. Depending on their attitude I sure would.

But I start to get tingly when some people flat out expect this from me (or anyone), like some here implied.

4 hours ago, Lethargo said:

I could, yeah. Depending on their attitude I sure would.

But I start to get tingly when some people flat out expect this from me (or anyone), like some here implied.

If I understand you right, no one plays Squad for how easy it is.  I haven't gotten any of my friends to play more than an hour of PR.  Several guys helped me learn PR, granted I wanted to learn.  PR has a culture and willing veterans.  Keep in mind that culture and those vets for Squad is you and me.