Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oxygencube

[Dev Tutorial Stream] Lighting Your Map

Beautiful. Once again, thanks for holding the stream! You guys are definitely showing other developers on how to involve their community, especially when you provide mod support, as always.

Your beard is making me doubt my manhood.

Thanks for the video oxy, very intresting stuff.

i second that Desmo.. Ross's beard is like a twilight serenade.. sweet but not the sunshine. 

I noticed that he spent alot of time having to place the Sphere Reflection Capture Nodes in a grid all around the map (Not during the stream, but when working apparently). Would it be possible to write some piece of C++ code to do this automatically?

But in all seriousness @oxygencube, the updated lighting is a breath of fresh air as a long time player. Simply beautiful stuff.

Agreed with Desmo.

Gonna make the feeling of playing the same maps over and over go away. Excited.

7 hours ago, Didgy said:

I noticed that he spent alot of time having to place the Sphere Reflection Capture Nodes in a grid all around the map (Not during the stream, but when working apparently). Would it be possible to write some piece of C++ code to do this automatically?

Yea, I could prob come up with something in BP. I actually just copy/paste a set from another map. In the end, I still have to adjust most of them by hand to get optimum placement/height. Really doesn't take long tbh, not worth the R/D time to create the tool imho.

Oh man, thanks for the tut. I was like " yeah throw some lights in yeah looks good, I am done" Now I am like "..ehh ok delete all lights restart"