old_Sneakers

CPU performance monitor on 6 core @ 4.7 ghz - SQUAD PROBLEM IN A NUTSHELL

On 8.11.2016 at 4:14 PM, moppel said:

I think thats the root cause of your OC Troubles--> H Chipset  is unable OCing over the unlocked Multi the 4670K has , so you are forced to raise BCLK , most systems get unnstable @ around 105 Mhz . 

So you'd change to the Z Chipset first? I'm running the ASRock fatal1ty h87 performance, which has built-in OC Options going to 4,8GHz max, but even with manual clocking its not possible to surpass 4,1

Wellkinda depends on  why you do it, i would suggest you keep things as they are if its just for Squad and for a fast perfomance kick (that isnt that big to be honest --> could also sell your 4670k and buy a 4790K for around the same money you would spend for new mainboard to oc the 4670k), even with a Z87/97 board there is not such a thing like a guaranteed 4,5 Ghz .

OC usually means more stress on the components ( and sometimes on the user cause wired errors you cant get by for quit some time )so additional cost for better cooling e.g.

On top of that you seem to be quit new to the whole Overclocking stuff ( i was too at some point in the past , its took quit some reading and some expirience/ frustrating trail and error to get OC systems stable and analyse error Messages of certain stability tests to get an idea what setting is causing this certain error ) and missing some basic knowlege how certian system work out togehter or what effects what when changing things.

But when you have the time ,fun and  patience to start in reading OC basic stuffs, after that buy promising parts(Cooler , Mainboard e.g) and then take multiple weekends to finetune your OC system  go for it :-)

If the problem exists more in multiplayer matches, then has it really to do with netcode and stuff, like someone suggested or is it the more processing in other parts the cpu needs to do? I think it should be more optimised too, if there is a way. I yet have to check on OC for my 4790k, did not have to until now as I've seen the core#1 hits a really high usage in this game. And this CPU is (or was to be) said a single core powerhorse. that's especially why I bought it, because some older games needed more 1st core power than my 8350 could deliver. In my playing in this evening on a 72players server I found the first core to go constantly in rates between 80-97% of usage while the others were average at 40-50 (all epic, txaa).

Regarding the per-core usage, I just wanted to add that for example UT4, does make more use of the different cores as I've tested after my post here.

Edited by MechanimaL

QQ Necro, but the notion that "most" games are single core is highly incorrect and ignorant.  To my knowledge this Unreal engine is the only engine that is a one core game.  Every other "serious" game designer uses at a minimum of two cores ad most of them utilize four cores.