dedod

Eastern-European faction #1

This  topic is going to be about one of Eastern-European armies. This time I'll try to give general info about Ukrainian army, their armaments and etc. If this topic will be popular- i'll make the next one about Poland or Turkey.

So, lets begin from pearsonal weapons. 
Assault rifle:
Basically Ukrainian troops use AK-74, but it's common to modify them with red-dot or golographic sights with magnifier. Sometimes we can see silencer and frontal grip. 

Also, Ukrainian army is using Fort-221, licensed Tavor. 

Some examples:

4r0M9NuiIt8.jpg        11013347_1649945805274230_23365330169059

Sidearm: As sidearm they use Fort 14 or Makarov pistol. 
Mashine gun: RPK-74,  KM-7,62 or Fort-401  they also can be modified with scopes, grips and so on. 
Marksman rifle:  Fort-301 or SVD with different scopes. 

Grenade launcher: Standart RPG-7B 
Lets roll to possible vehicles.
Logy: KrAZ-5233 for troops and amunition. 
Battle vehicle: Standart BTR-80, KrAZ Spartan LAV wit 12,7 turret or BTR-4 with unmanned 12,7 or 30 mm turret

As main camo Ukraine use MM-14 or Varan  ( more examples). 

12108889_884665244951379_434773497008616   

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by dedod

17 hours ago, MINTY said:

If they will add malfunction sydtem- it will be great. 

11 hours ago, Zeno965 said:

Not to be rude but what is the purpose of this thread? :)

Just for general knowlege. Like, in most cases people know only about their native forces and Murica) Now you know more.

29 minutes ago, dedod said:

If they will add malfunction sydtem- it will be great.

Weapon jamming and such in Squad? No, it would cause frustration.

Edited by Maki

Just FYI, the only way we'll be seeing any of the factions you mention in Squad is if a modding team does them. The Squad devs are only adding the british forces.

34 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

Just FYI, the only way we'll be seeing any of the factions you mention in Squad is if a modding team does them. The Squad devs are only adding the british forces.

not quite true - I think Taxi said on reddit they'd like to add 3-4 more, depending on time etc...british is the only CONFIRMED (so far) 

2 hours ago, IINAYDOGII said:

not quite true - I think Taxi said on reddit they'd like to add 3-4 more, depending on time etc...british is the only CONFIRMED (so far) 

I find that very hard to believe with the amount of other things they still have left to do. Can you find that quote? You sure he wasent talking about maps or something?

(And no matter what there are several much more important factions to implement than eastern european ones, like China for instance. So for this thread my point still stands, these would have to be made by modders)

Edited by Gorzu

51 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

I find that very hard to believe with the amount of other things they still have left to do. Can you find that quote? You sure he wasent talking about maps or something?

(And no matter what there are several much more important factions to implement than eastern european ones, like China for instance. So for this thread my point still stands, these would have to be made by modders)

They never stated that it was to be done in alpha.

Edited by Maki

I wouldn't mind an Asian theatre as a DLC, tbh.
Add ships and boats and you can even have Oceania included. :D

Edited by Peerun

On 05.10.2016 at 2:30 PM, Zeno965 said:

Not to be rude but what is the purpose of this thread?

14 hours ago, dedod said:

Just for general knowlege.

dedod, do not misslead us.

Ukraine is just one of ex-USSR republic and was it untill midlle of 90's. Now its 'army' just bunch of robbers, nationalistic battalions aka nazzi armed with vehicles and small arms from Soviet era 80's. I meant AK-74, BTR's, BMP's and so on. Correct me, all 'Ukrainian Navy' now is just ONE ship frigate class and 1-2 small ships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_frigate_Hetman_Sahaydachniy_(U130)

25 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Now its 'army' just bunch of robbers, nationalistic battalions aka nazzi armed with vehicles and small arms from Soviet era 80's.

I believe you're confusing the Ukranian Armed Forces with some of the Ukranian Territorial Defence Battalions, some of which (Azov, Aidar) did have documented links with Ukranian far right/ultranationalist movements.

But your phrasing almost makes me wonder if you're posting via a VPN from a little house in St Petersburg. ;)

While I'd definitely like to see some other armies in SQUAD I suspect that if Ukraine is added it'll be a by a mod team. Not that some of those camouflage patterns aren't awesome, but moar AKs is probably not the community's priority right now.

1 hour ago, r3volution said:

I believe you're confusing the Ukranian Armed Forces with some of the Ukranian Territorial Defence Battalions, some of which (Azov, Aidar) did have documented links with Ukranian far right/ultranationalist movements.

Correct.

1 hour ago, r3volution said:

But your phrasing almost makes me wonder if you're posting via a VPN from a little house in St Petersburg

Uncorrect. Doubt game forum is interested for 'troll army'. I'm ordinary guy and ordinary Squad player.

Well in that sense, couldn't the Russian Militia/Rebel faction just get some Ukrainian equip?

6 hours ago, Peerun said:

Well in that sense, couldn't the Russian Militia/Rebel faction just get some Ukrainian equip?

In real life in most caces they have post-soviet equipment(guns, artillery, tanks...) or some russian, like PKP, AS-VAL or BTR-82 sometimes. It's very uncommon

(not impossible) to see them using some of the ukrainian new guns and cars, such as Fort or KrAZ. In a game-this is tottaly plausible. But unlikely,  a new faction(even made by modders) is better then just few additional guns, also Millitia is fully equipped, each role has its own rifle. 

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

dedod, do not misslead us.

Ukraine is just one of ex-USSR republic and was it untill midlle of 90's. Now its 'army' just bunch of robbers, nationalistic battalions aka nazzi armed with vehicles and small arms from Soviet era 80's. I meant AK-74, BTR's, BMP's and so on. Correct me, all 'Ukrainian Navy' now is just ONE ship frigate class and 1-2 small ships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_frigate_Hetman_Sahaydachniy_(U130)

I was not talking about fleet, it's really small and will not be included in to the game. Everything else, exept nonsense  about nazies in army, is pretty obvious truth. Ukraine is using all soviet staff, why not, but simultaneously they use all the guns in the topic. As far, as i know, russians do the same thing, this is normal.

2 minutes ago, dedod said:

also Millitia is fully equipped, each role has its own rifle. 

customization?

22 minutes ago, Peerun said:

customization?

what customization? I think that any fraktion should have ability to customize guns, as it works in Insurgency. Or you was asking about something else?

On 5.10.2016 at 6:24 PM, Maki said:

Weapon jamming and such in Squad? No, it would cause frustration.

Firearms, the old halflife mod had jams; made it a whole lot more fun.

7 minutes ago, nwader said:

Firearms, the old halflife mod had jams; made it a whole lot more fun.

Having to open my compass and work out grid co-ordinates with no map markers makes ARMA a lot more fun but that wouldn't work in Squad.

Same with weapon jams, it's from a completely different game.. wouldn't work unless the scope of Squad itself gets a lot larger in order to make it a subtle feature instead of a dominant one.

As far as customisation, I'd expect something nicer than the current set up but still standardised. Having standardised equipment and a consistent team is what makes Squad unique - don't try to push ideas just because they work in RO2 or Insurgency.