R41N

Low FPS

R41N   

Hey Guys,

I got a GTX 1070 @ 2 GHz and a I54590 @ 3.6 GHz and i got like 25 fps all the time,

this shouldnt be i guess ^^

I know the CPU is bottlenecking but i should have 60 fps in general i can play every game in 60 fps in 1080p

i really love squad thats 1 of the reasons i bought the 1070 but with the same performance i got on my 270x thats no fun

i hope you can helpe me :/

just tell me what i do wrong

the weird thing about is it doesnt matter if i change the settings to low from ultra on 720p i get 40 fps

PLEASE HELP ME :D

R41N   

Sure it is but i should get 60 fps because if i would play on low i should have way over 60 fps.

that doesnt make any sense ^^

I wouldnt play everything on max if i would get 60 then but it doenst matter how much i drag down my settings even on low

i just get the same fps

and my cpu isnt crap i know its not the best but i run tw3 in 70 fps stable maxed out so i should get at least 60 on low in squad ;(

as i just said pls help me optimizing it

* ps im drunk af

Bad Ash   

That CPU will bottleneck a 1070 in most of the games that have come out this year, and Squad is the most demanding. My 1080 only works at 30-40% on a 72 player server, with an i7 [email protected], and that will give me around 40-55fps.

Edited by Bad Ash

Falcon   

Stop bashing CPU s really guys my cpu is worst trash ever if i consider some of thes Forum $$$ Badass Hardware Warriors here ..

its an old 3570k at 3.4Ghz and most of the time in Squad if i monitor every core none of them reaches 80%..

(usually all cores are at around 60-70% usage)

on Kohat Toi i have amazing 20-30 fps wow

on the other maps usually something between 40-70..

I really hope v8 changes something..

Seriously you CPU thrashing moneybags stop it :P

Some maps fps is really bad for everyone, when im getting under 30fps I always ask my squad mates if they are getting similar and sure enough they are.

i7-920 @4.2ghz and gtx-980 :S

I think its mainly the player count that is killing fps for me.

Im sure as the development goes on more and more optimizations will be done and place holder things will be upgraded to a better system etc.

Shboom   

I got an 970gtx twin frozt, i5-6600k skylake and 16gb ram.. i dropped from 40-50fps to 20fps  when i changed cpu :< went from i5-3600 ish to i5-6600k

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Stop bashing CPU s really guys my cpu is worst trash ever if i consider some of thes Forum $$$ Badass Hardware Warriors here ..

its an old 3570k at 3.4Ghz and most of the time in Squad if i monitor every core none of them reaches 80%..

(usually all cores are at around 60-70% usage)

on Kohat Toi i have amazing 20-30 fps wow

on the other maps usually something between 40-70..

I really hope v8 changes something..

Seriously you CPU thrashing moneybags stop it :P

they aren't being trolls, it is your CPU
I also have an i5 4590, it is the bottleneck, thats why when you change your graphics settings it stays the same, because it doesn't affect your processing.
V8 should fix this and get us that 60 fps mark everyone rages about hopefully.

Falcon   

Its trolling in a form when people say someone should upgrade their CPU and its clear as day the game is badly optimized ..

at the same time my old 3570k still does a relatively good job at single thread performance

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

and a further isssue is the game doesnt even use 100% of my "old crappy out of date slow ****" CPU .. sooo

yeah obviously the main problem is  the cpu ...

funny...

(i will play around with some ocing because i really like the game but the attitude of some people here stating that you cant expect a good performance with those crappy cpus is Bullshit)

SHO-SHIN   

Let V8 happen, then see whats what.

But, if you want decent frames right now, then you need an appropriate CPU, it's that simple and nothing new.

I run a i7 4790K at 4.8Ghz over 4 cores with a GT1070 and get 50-71fps on full servers, I fix upper to 71.

On 3-10-2016 at 5:41 AM, R41N said:

Hey Guys,

I got a GTX 1070 @ 2 GHz and a I54590 @ 3.6 GHz and i got like 25 fps all the time,

this shouldnt be i guess ^^

I know the CPU is bottlenecking but i should have 60 fps in general i can play every game in 60 fps in 1080p

i really love squad thats 1 of the reasons i bought the 1070 but with the same performance i got on my 270x thats no fun

i hope you can helpe me :/

just tell me what i do wrong

the weird thing about is it doesnt matter if i change the settings to low from ultra on 720p i get 40 fps

PLEASE HELP ME :D

that fps disturbs me so try to help you, like you say there is maybe bottleneck in terms of the cpu not capable of making the fps, gpu rendering the image. Personally i don't know if that i5 stock will cut it with the 1070, in my humble opinion. :) Anyone?

but maybe there is folks here witn unlocks i5s and overlocked? but yours isn't a k version or is it? 

I am sorry to bring the bearer of bad news but I am being just 100 percent honest here

important rule

fast cpu, fast clock speed > gpu

that being said cpu and gpu is only small part, psu mob is also very important it is hard to say what exacly is your problem from just a forum post and not knowing your system layout fps will improve with optimizations, too much in coming time and i bet you can tweak for better fps? some options there is always room for improvement with that system you have

md out ;) as usual good luck 

Edited by MDInteractive

Falcon   

Seriously this is the Mindbending im talking about ...

If you my friend play any other Videogame out there you would know that his combination is totally fine and working as intended because most Games nowadays rely on the GPU much more than the CPU.

So because theres one Game out there that doesnt nedd a good GPU but a incredible CPU (with HIGH single Thread Performance .. which is not actually what Multicore Processors were made for ..) he should have known better with his petty old CPU ...

Maamyyra   

Most of the rounds i got 50/60 fps with 1440p in full 72/72 servers (except Yehorivka/Gorodok in which i mainly has 35/40fps). Tho the graphics are set to low, changing them to epic doesn't seem to make any difference to FPS/Graphics either. Also the game doesn't seem to use all of the GPU powers atm,.

CPU: i5 3570k 4.4Ghz

GPU: Gtx970 4Gb (no-oc)

ram:8Gb ddr3 1600Mhz

Edited by Maamyyra

Jessejd1   

Im running a X99 Asus Rampage V Extreme with an I7 5820K processor running at 4.2Ghz, 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM with Nvidia GTX1070  with a 750W PSU and I can only get 12 FPS, even if I lower settings to medium. Please dont tell me that me Processor is good enough for this game, cause that's laughable. please help?

14 hours ago, Jessejd1 said:

Im running a X99 Asus Rampage V Extreme with an I7 5820K processor running at 4.2Ghz, 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM with Nvidia GTX1070  with a 750W PSU and I can only get 12 FPS, even if I lower settings to medium. Please dont tell me that me Processor is good enough for this game, cause that's laughable. please help?

Sorry but can you say that again? I can play in 4k dual eyefinity with a ASUS 280 3gb at STOCK CLOCKS and 5 ghz fx, 30 fps to 100+ tweaked in low/med pop servers on depening on quality med/high/ultra on similar board ASUS 990FX Sabertooth R2.0 g3

It is simply impossible that you get 12 fps with such a next gen 1070 gpu and killer intel cpu that has been overclocked, with high quality board like that x99 and the fast SSD!

12 fps with that system no it cannot be, something in your system is not right at all with such performance, if I can be totally honest.

MD

Edited by MDInteractive

I have a fix. Go restart your PC and open BIOS. 

Turn off Intel Speed Stepping. Often called EIST. Probably in Advanced CPU settings. 

I saw a 100% increase in FPS when I turned this off. 

On 17.10.2016 at 2:53 AM, grimshadow said:

I am soo angry i bought an AMD 8350 a few years ago. :(

It's brilliant CPU if you setup it correctly. 

Mine 8350 can run all games I've tried with high/ultra settings in 1080p, I can't expect anything more from CPU for 150 bucks (price from ~2 years ago). If CPU can handle 99% games and fail to get decent FPS in just one game, it's not the CPU problem - just Squad optimisation is a trash.  

For SQUAD, there is one thing you can go - you can go to BIOS, enable 1 core per module, and this give you big OC headroom, and since 90% of calculations made by squad engine uses just 1 core, it's the best thing you can do. With cheap air cooler, you can go 4.7Ghz at +1 stock voltage setting. 

«LEON»   

I started having this same problem after the last update.

I'd doubt it's a bottleneck problem cause on my i5 4570 I get arround 60%-70% cpu usage (with a gtx 1070 as well).

And only if it gets too crazy I get just 1 of the cores above 80%, and still doesn't reach the 90% cpu usage...

Plus I gotta mention that before the last update I didn't have this problem at all. Game performed fine.

So I do believe is the Squad optimisation...

I've read a couple of guys saying that turning off the HPET or the EIST like Virtualevil said helps.

So I'm gonna try that and see how it goes.

Edited by «LEON»