Chuc

September 2016 Monthly Recap

Dubs   
27 minutes ago, samogon said:

Oh common,can't you just stop create incorrect content?

oH0dFfy.jpg

2_G_003.jpg?m=1309480600

Just a first look.

Also Brits in Crye uniform and some unidentified vest also bullshit.

Guys,just stop do such cancer.

Maybe people would take you more seriously, if you added a more mature and less childish tone/words to your feedback?

Melbo was in the UK Military if I remember correctly, so I'm sure this WIP UK Forces content will have some nice accuracies when it's more fleshed out in its development path.

35 minutes ago, samogon said:

oH0dFfy.jpg

2_G_003.jpg?m=1309480600

Just a first look.

Feedback is always welcome, but please don´t swear so much the next time.

Thank you!

samogon   
1 hour ago, Dubs said:

Maybe people would take you more seriously, if you added a more mature and less childish tone/words to your feedback?

Of cource no.I can't be serious now.

Since Im absolutely sure it's won't be fixed.

Melbo was in the UK Military if I remember correctly, so I'm sure this WIP UK Forces content will have some nice accuracies when it's more fleshed out in its development path.

Well,I don't trust only for words.But... the people who know usually able to proove thier words.

As I said - It's looks like Crye Uniform,not British type.Also vest looks strange,it's definitely not looks like Ospren nor Virtus. 

Edited by samogon

Veterans of PR should be hyped for that rocket techie. In the right hands and with effective communication, it is simply terrifying!

XB0CT   

what is that vest? doesnt look like an osprey nor a virtus

also, british soldiers with crye uniforms with inbuilt kneepads? the ****

IrOnTaXi   

Don't bother with him Tim..  waste of your time. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently noone knows how to mount their scopes...   hmmmmmmmmm

Afghan_spg_9_1.jpg

yep.. there they go.. doing it all wrong again... they should have asked the FPS players before doing that

And this is where they come in ranting and raving about variants..  CUE THE RANT!

Assifuah   

Good read! Just read it again, lol. :D

As for the kit - helmet, vest and boots look like the new stuff they're dishing out. Dunno, must be my eyes being able to distinguish and view things in grey renders.

Everything looks fantastic, kudos to the Devs working on these assets especially the Eastern European ones. Looking forward to the finished EE buildings so I can start the city portion of my map, it's pretty much all I have left to do besides alot of fine tuning and polishing. 

samogon   
1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Don't bother with him Tim..  waste of your time. 

Quod erat demonstandum.

Make your own,call your project realistic... what else?Oh yeah,delete posts,close feedback treads,ban people and don't give a flying **** on community opinion.

Good job OWI,Good job.

I'm almost sure your gestapo wait for reason to delete this post.

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

yep.. there they go.. doing it all wrong again... they should have asked the FPS players before doing that

Oh no... it was promising project... untill community shown their arcadey face in January 2016.

And then you guys start do this... equipment from diffirent ages(Like 5-tonn relic truck and 375D),ignoring first priority content(Like GPMGs) and additon of low proprity content.

We won't delete it. It serves as a fine example of how to earn a break from the Squad forums.

Constructive criticism delivered in a respectful manner will always be welcomed here.

Cynical criticism delivered in a disrespectful manner will not be tolerated.

As much as I am happy about advances in development , I can not help but to be ambivalent regarding the whole picture.

Now I do not mean to be disrespectful, but I reckon honesty is a tad more important than a eloquent pat on the back.

With that said let us begin:

Firstly, I just do not understand some things; which may be related to my mental capabilities; but why is it that the features you show us are only the fraction of value that they could be. What I mean here is that it is known that the development team is rather small in comparison to the scope of the project, but I do not reckon that expanding on features such as the server browser does not take that much of manpower nor time as developing a new map. Now here comes the argument that until I am in the circle I am not allowed to pass judgement on these things which I also consider somewhat agreeable to a degree, but as a customer I wish to share my sentiments on the subject. Alas I digress..

Back to the browser issue.

The optimisation is much appreciated, however where is the much needed filters, and  auto-join functions?

Is it that low on the priority list but optimisation is not?

Performance telemetry/Engine optimisations

Hope you guys pull trough this would make many players a bit more content.

UI touch-up

Great, however thank god, that compass size is also subject to hate change.

Animation Blueprint Improvement

"You will finally able to see if the enemy is aiming at you and about to shoot you down..."  I wish I could make out such things even at even close distances, UE post process seems horrible even with sweet fx.

Brits

Would have been happier with upgrading current assets , but bread and circus I guess. Do not get me wrong it is great but it just gives me the wrong impressions, and here is a another joke of my decaying mind-state.

SPG

Great weapon, but I would rather think about the current state of static weapons. At this point the .50s just feel like glorified anti-LAWs to me. Wouldn't it be better to fix that first?

Javelin

It will be a cool addition, when tanks come out ETA 2 years......

Why not just make more prevalent and needed weapons and add-ons with your modellers?

Improvised Mobile Rocket Artillery

Adding it in the game as of now would be a rather bad idea, with no counter artillery/area denial so to speak of it would play out horribly unbalanced against the average squad player.

The rest of the recap is welcome but not that much of a interest to me, and now for one last bit of nagging. I understand that sometimes the circumstances dictate at which you can proceed with the development, but I feel a little sad and betrayed regarding the base experience with the game. By this I would mean no harm, but the core gameplay is just not there yet, even with the argument "it is only alpha" it is just not there yet. The infantry teamplay is rather crude, the gunplay needs more love, and some design choices feel like they have been put in rather half-assedly (static guns,optics,medics,scouts, and vehicles), and that is even without UE crumbling on itself. I would rather see these done first as I subjectively find them of paramount importance in order be content with what I have.

But that's just me, keep up the good work devs.

Peace

9 hours ago, samogon said:

oH0dFfy.jpg

2_G_003.jpg?m=1309480600

Just a first look.

Ah yes I see that the crank is 0.000031cm off it's correct placement and this is such a major issue because... uuuuuuhhh.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

2 hours ago, samogon said:

Quod erat demonstandum.

Make your own,call your project realistic... what else?Oh yeah,delete posts,close feedback treads,ban people and don't give a flying **** on community opinion.

Good job OWI,Good job.

I'm almost sure your gestapo wait for reason to delete this post.

Oh no... it was promising project... untill community shown their arcadey face in January 2016.

And then you guys start do this... equipment from diffirent ages(Like 5-tonn relic truck and 375D),ignoring first priority content(Like GPMGs) and additon of low proprity content.

You're giving them every reason not to.

As soon as model isn't 100% to your liking your start complaining.

As soon as gameplay elements aren't 100% to your liking you start complaining.

As soon as the portrayal of realistic elements isn't 100% to your liking you start throwing a hissy fit.

I personally had enough. And I'm god knows not the only one. We're all past caring about you, and I don't give a **** whether or not your voice is banned, especially since you seem to be actively searching to get banned just so you can badmouth the Mods/devs about how you got """"unjustly"""" bannned.

love everything except the ADS animation, doesn't look right at all to me, i think it would be much better if he brought the gun closer to his face and a slight head tilt rather than him holding his gun in the same spot and rubber necking all the way to his sights, just my opinion though 

On 10/3/2016 at 3:39 PM, CageMatchKimsey said:

Seriously, I am excited about both the game and Bob Bradley.  Last thing I want is the Swans mad at us, they seem like a team and area of the country that could do well and surprise a lot of folks with where they finish this season or next.  About v8, I'm thinking it will blow us all away.

I think it's a good place holder. Realistically, you would keep your head level and bring your neck down and forward to see down the sights.

new update, already people complaining and nitpicking every thing those couch generals think is wrong, be bloody grateful they are working on this game and showcasing something, there are games out there that almost show nothing! And this is the reason why, people thinking they know it better!

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I think it's a good place holder. Realistically, you would keep your head level and bring your neck down and forward to see down the sights.

From the dev posts I read it seems that doing true 1st person weapons and sights causes serious problems. I'm assuming this is the reason it still looks like you're holding your rifle at arms length instead of getting close to the sights like you should be. Just my guess, but making you bring your gun up to your eyes and getting really close to the sights would probably cause your face to partially glitch into the gun and weird stuff like that. I believe Roy or Kory mentioned on reddit that they're actually thinking of getting rid of true 1st person sights/scopes because of the problems it causes (including the weird ACOG jittering, I think). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I for one wouldn't mind an image being superimposed on your screen when you go ADS so that the sights are actually close to your eyes and the rear sights are blurred like they would be in real life. TBH I even like the default BF2 sights better than the true 3D ones that Project Reality implemented.

Edited by fatalsushi