Chuc

September 2016 Monthly Recap

Comrade   

Great stuff as always. I expect nothing less. Hopefully with the optimization focus, our AMD brethren can enjoy a smoother experience soon. 

For future reference, is the crouch running and waist high wall mounting (instead of the silly looking hopping) still on the table? 

IrOnTaXi   
1 hour ago, Odd_fella said:

Regarding the Improvised Mobile Rocket Artillery, the psychological affect will work the first few times but then if you don't get hit by it, you'll continue running. Maybe there should be temporary consequences to you being in that area like dizziness, blurred vision, sand/dirt in your eyes etc. Therefore, the fear of getting caught by the MRA will heighten. 

^_^

Pijama   

Exciting news !

Great to see a first shot about the UK since those are the ones I'm waiting for.

I just hope it's a " preview " subject to change since UK forces doesn't use those kneepads ( at least, it's not issued ) and the PRR should always be on the left side since they are all right handed users.

Melbo   
15 minutes ago, Pijama said:

Exciting news !

Great to see a first shot about the UK since those are the ones I'm waiting for.

I just hope it's a " preview " subject to change since UK forces doesn't use those kneepads ( at least, it's not issued ) and the PRR should always be on the left side since they are all right handed users.

All WIP. Other trouser variations will be in.

On 4.10.2016 at 0:17 AM, Pijama said:

Exciting news !

They do wear kneepads and combatshirts.... Skip to 3:12

Edited by carmikaze

Pootin   

What about that map with those eastern European apartment blocks, will they still come out with V8? Also feels like V8 isnt going to come out as soon as I'd expect which is this month, so will we have another recap with more features before we get it?

I like how "fleshing out the Eastern European setting" involves creating more shitty, run-down shacks :P

Seriously though, everything looks great. You guys really surprised me with the rocket truck. Absolutely love that thing in PR. I also like how the radial menu is much more streamlined now.

One question: Will you guys re-model the Insurgent faction before completing the British or will the British come first?

Psyrus   

I have really high hopes for v8, pleeeease let me play squad again at all low with >30fps :(. I legitimately miss the teamplay. Overwatch has been good to me but man there are sooooo many salty kids willing to blame the rest of the team for any losses that may occur. 

It happens in PR/Squad too but if you reason with them or tell them to stop being a whiny little bitch and clear comms they usually stop ^_^

Edit: For the record, I too am sometimes the team's whiny little bitch , but I have made a concerted effort since my PR days to not try to be the team commander when I am clearly not in that position as a regular SL... and now it grinds my gears hearing others trying to do it

Edited by Psyrus

I have a question for the audio Dev team: in the future (far or near is not importantant atm) when we will do something  with the radial menù, ex. placing an attack marker, will be possible to link a speach of the soldier? ex. "Attack this location" said in Arab language for Insurgent SL, or Russian for the Russian SL and so on?

Great work again Devs! Love the new lighting schemes, it´s going to make the game look amazing!

Love the rocket techie and the Post Scriptum mod too!

Keep up the great work!

Spotted a "Hull Down Position" build option in the radial menu concept art and I'm curious as to whether or not you think you can morph the terrain like that or is it going to be build on top of the terrain?

8 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

Spotted a "Hull Down Position" build option in the radial menu concept art and I'm curious as to whether or not you think you can morph the terrain like that or is it going to be build on top of the terrain?

Wow, I didn't notice that. Awesome feature. Btw, Roy said on a number of occasions that terrain deformation is impractical so I expect that it will be built on top like a wall.

Edited by fatalsushi

cribbaaa   

Good stuff all around! I'm surprised to see that you've already started to work on the Brits, I thought you were going to showcase the new Insurgents models this time around.

I have a suggestion about the radial menu: rename the "Radio hub" to "FOB radio" or something similar so that you instantly know it's what you need to make a FOB. I remember watching a stream of someone completely new to squad leading who was told to create a FOB, looked through the radial menu, was kind of scratching his head and then started searching for the "FOB command" somewhere else.

29 minutes ago, cribbaaa said:

I have a suggestion about the radial menu: rename the "Radio hub" to "FOB radio" or something similar so that you instantly know it's what you need to make a FOB. I remember watching a stream of someone completely new to squad leading who was told to create a FOB, looked through the radial menu, was kind of scratching his head and then started searching for the "FOB command" somewhere else.

+1, Also if you guys could make a shortcut for the target arrow command, for example double tapping T would instantly mark what you are looking at for your squad members. Many of the times i have to get up during a firefight to mark an enemy and struggle with the menu and I get shot in the process. It is very painful.

samogon   

Oh common,can't you just stop create incorrect content?

oH0dFfy.jpg

2_G_003.jpg?m=1309480600

Just a first look.

Also Brits in Crye uniform and some unidentified vest also bullshit.

Guys,just stop do such cancer.