Chuc

September 2016 Monthly Recap

3 minutes ago, smokyhook said:

Am I wrong or does the British faction have a codpiece?emoji23.png

I am not sure about other Western militaries, but the UK and US Armed Forces started fielding full on "diapers" years ago.

I went to Afghanistan in 2011 and we only had groin protectors at the time (nut protector, a flat piece of kevlar over your genitals), but the unit I ripped with had full "undercarriage" protection.

Time for my monthly critique followed by scores of comments telling me to kill myself because I dare have different opinions:

1. Not sure how I feel about the new server browser update; I've seen some games implement it incredibly well, but for every game that does it well there are games that do it poorly (like Wargame or CoH) that end with you trying to scroll and double click a server to join while trying not to lose what you're looking at due to new servers being pinged every second. I guess we'll have to see how it works out.

2. Never unhappy to see more optimization; especially as an AMD GPU user. I get around 45fps with mostly high settings now, so hopefully I'll be able to look forward to a slight boost.

3. Glad to see that the radial menu is finally transparent. Looks a lot better simplified, as well. 

4. Finally, some prone animations. Felt really weird crawling forward without moving your arms. Just a question: is there any way you could make it so that you can't go from crawling to firing immediately? I find it really immersion breaking and just an overall eyesore when you're crawling and your gun is sideways and suddenly whips to the front firing a round. Would just be better overall to lock firing until your weapon is to your front with the option of crawling excrutiatingly slowly with your weapon pointed forward and aimed in. 

5. The cheekweld likely won't help anyone determine if they're being aimed at, but it certainly is a nice touch that is highly appreciated. That .webm reminded me out whack the M4 is, though.

6. British Armed Forces look like they're turning out nice, but no kneepads in the kneepad slots? I didn't even know the British allowed for combat pants; I thought it was all UBACs. Is the helmet a Mk6 or Mk7? Hard to tell with scrim, but it looks like a Mk6 to me. 

7. The new anti-tank weaponry looks good. Cannot wait to see the Javelin in game and cannot wait to use it to assblast the Russians out of their turret throwing machines. The Mi-24 pod on the techie returning is really nice as well.

8. New art assets look great; buildings are well weathered and the skybox sets the tone for each map quite well. Can't wait to see them implemented.

Overall: Another step in the right direction for the Squad devs. There's some good and some not so good, but most of the not-so-good is suspension of disbelief stuff, old models that could use an update, and personal feelings about GUIs. 

Great recap as always! Thank you for all hard work, guys!

Brits, arty, hat! So much tease here!!!

"We still have lots of tinkering left to do, but rest assured the team is 100% committed to improving your in-game experience." 

So, no V8 this month?

Edited by Dundish

1 hour ago, VarenykySupreme said:

6. British Armed Forces look like they're turning out nice, but no kneepads in the kneepad slots? I didn't even know the British allowed for combat pants; I thought it was all UBACs. Is the helmet a Mk6 or Mk7? Hard to tell with scrim, but it looks like a Mk6 to me. 

It's a Mk7.

1 hour ago, smokyhook said:

Am I wrong or does the British faction have a codpiece?emoji23.png

Part of the Pelvic Protection System. 

Regarding the Improvised Mobile Rocket Artillery, the psychological affect will work the first few times but then if you don't get hit by it, you'll continue running. Maybe there should be temporary consequences to you being in that area like dizziness, blurred vision, sand/dirt in your eyes etc. Therefore, the fear of getting caught by the MRA will heighten. 

I haven't been this excited since Bob Bradley got appointed Swansea manager..... :)

Edited by CageMatchKimsey
Smileyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

15 minutes ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

I haven't been this excited since Bob Bradley got appointed Swansea manager..... :)

What you did there...I see it.

2 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

British Armed Forces look like they're turning out nice, but no kneepads in the kneepad slots? I didn't even know the British allowed for combat pants; I thought it was all UBACs.

The kneepad inserts tend to get filled up with water and fall out. That's why even SF with their Crye pants left them out sometimes.

21 minutes ago, Melbo said:

What you did there...I see it.

Seriously, I am excited about both the game and Bob Bradley.  Last thing I want is the Swans mad at us, they seem like a team and area of the country that could do well and surprise a lot of folks with where they finish this season or next.  About v8, I'm thinking it will blow us all away.